Guarantee Room Issue

Hello everyone,

I booked Oasis of the Seas early April this year for sailing date in August 2018 for family of 3, wife, daughter 13 years old and I. I booked the interior room guaranteed (booked directly on RCI web, non refundable deposit). I just paid the final balance and as soon as it is paid, I got our room assigned. It is room 12539 on deck 12. I look at the deck plan and saw the room and to my surprise, I don't see it has any symbols which indicate this room has a sofa bed or pullman bed to accompany 3rd person. I then went to the automated phone system to email me the invoice confirmation. I saw under my daughter name "ROLL AWAY BED".

What is a roll away bed ? It is not a sofa bed? Is it like a rolling folding bed, where do they store it during the day time, in our room or in their storage area and bring back to our room at night?

I would like to hear comments from anyone who experience using roll away bed in your state room. If you have any pictures, for roll away bed, I will greatly appreciated.

When I book a guarantee interior room for 3 adults, I was expecting a room which accomodate 3 people which meant with a sofa bed. Didn't expect a room for 2 and they put in a roll away bed. I'm about to call RCI to see if they can change the room.

Thanks

Hello everyone,

I booked Oasis of the Seas early April this year for sailing date in August 2018 for family of 3, wife, daughter 13 years old and I. I booked the interior room guaranteed (booked directly on RCI web, non refundable deposit). I just paid the final balance and as soon as it is paid, I got our room assigned. It is room 12539 on deck 12. I look at the deck plan and saw the room and to my surprise, I don't see it has any symbols which indicate this room has a sofa bed or pullman bed to accompany 3rd person. I then went to the automated phone system to email me the invoice confirmation. I saw under my daughter name ROLL AWAY BED.

What is a roll away bed ? It is not a sofa bed? Is it like a rolling folding bed, where do they store it during the day time, in our room or in the storage ?

I would like to hear comments from anyone who experience using roll away bed in your state room. If you have any pictures, for roll away bed, I will greatly appreciated.

When I book a guarantee interior room for 3 adults, I was expecting a room which accomodate 3 people which meant with a sofa bed. Didn't expect a room for 2 and they put in a roll away bed. I'm about to call RCI to see if they can change the room.

Thanks

I have never heard of such a thing. My assumptions would be the same as yours.

(Yes, it's a folding cot. A six year old wouldn't care; a 13 year old may)

Call.

800-526-9723

I saw that you are sailing August 5th.

Call back, ask for a supervisor if necessary. There are 5 interior cabins left that are meant to sleep 3 guests.

3 category 1V and 2 category 3V

My guess is that they put you in a double occupancy room with a cot hoping that they can sell those 5 cabins to a family with 4.

When we cruise with our adult daughter we get approval for a roll away bed for her even though there is a sofa bed in the room.

She had sciatica and does much better with the roll away. It has a decent mattress, not thin. The stateroom attendants do a fine job of adding extra padding if needed.

Not sure how you would manage one in your stateroom. We get a JS when it is three of us. She leaves the roll away up as she takes over a corner of the stateroom with setting up her computer etc. Works great for us.

I would agree that calling Royal might give you more peace of mind.

I'm on the phone with the C&A supervisor, putting me on hold. They giving me problem from switching room, they said the category cabin I have is 4V and there are no more room left for that category.

they told me that cabin suppose to have a sofa bed, but why on my invoice receipt it says "ROLL AWAY BED" for my daughter, that's what I told them and they don't have an answer to that.

After a long hold with the supervisor on the phone, she came back and told me that cabin have a sofa bed after she check with the revenue department and their deck plan map is not updated and there are no other 4V category cabins they can move us to and there is nothing they can do. I'm skeptical because the cruise vacation receipt have the roll away bed under my daughter name and also none of the deck plans I found on the internet shows that cabin with a sofa bed.

This is my first time booking a guarantee room and it is not a good experience, at first thinking that interior room without view does not matter where it is located at, but didn't expect about what kind of bed they will put in it.

Lesson learned from booking a guarantee room (at least on the Oasis). The interior rooms for 3, same square footage size, has different categories such as 1v 2v 3v, depends on the locations, decks, and differs in price. These are the rooms you can choose on your own. RCI came up with with the category 4V (same size) these are what they called Interior Guarantee and there is a limit number of them and locate in specific location. Probably the location where one least likely to choose. Therefore when I asked to switch to another interior room for 3, even though they have it available for category 1V, 2V, and 3V, but they won't switch us to those.

I would call back and ask for the Resolutions department. You booked a cabin with beds for three people. The age of your daughter does not matter - you paid the exact same for her as you would have for an 80 year old. To me a roll away is not equal to a sofa bed, and will take up a big chunk of a fairly small cabin in the day time - even folded up.

Thank you everyone for your replies. When called the C&A number at first I talk with someone on the phone, then asked to talk to their supervisor, then he transfer me to a lady she claims to be from the resolution department.

Right now I'm just hoping that there is really a sofa bed in that room and the floor deck plan map is not updated as she claimed after she putting me on hold for about 5 minutes while she was checking with the revenue department.

By maritime law or policy, when booking a room for 3, is there a law or policy that the room must have a permanent bedding for 3? Permanent bedding I meant there are already beds in there for 3 people, instead of find another portable/roll away bed to put in.

Thanks

It's simply ridiculous. Most of the time when someone ASKS for a rollaway bed, for example in the GS when two people don't want to share the sofabed, they are told NO.

Now they are trying to force one on someone in a cabin that only has two berths???

No. Just no.

Category 4V DOES NOT have a sofa bed. It has a sofa. Only the odd numbered categories I.e. 1,3,5.. have a sofabed. Even numbered categories are double occupancy. Has nothing to do with guarantees. Their system just screwed up and assigned you the wrong category. They need to assign you the correct category.

If they don’t fix it send an e mail to mbayley@rccl.com, someone from his office will fix this for you.

That's nonsense about the categories. A guarantee category has a specific designation, like Z1, but once a cabin is assigned, your cabin is THAT category.

12359 is category 4V. THEY chose to give you a cabin that has only two berths.

All interiors; all with three berths; all available on your cruise.

Edited by Merion_Mom

To get a definitive answer, ask the resolutions people or a customer service agent to send an inquiry to Head of Housekeeping on the ship. It may take a few days, in my experience, but that is who I would trust to give an accurate answer.

Just my humble opinion.

To get a definitive answer, ask the resolutions people or a customer service agent to send an inquiry to Head of Housekeeping on the ship. It may take a few days, in my experience, but that is who I would trust to give an accurate answer.

Just my humble opinion.

Accurate answer to what?

There is no question that this cabin has only two berths, two beds. period.

As to clarify whether or not they plan to put a roll away in the cabin.

It does state that on the invoice that the poster received.

I am aware that there should be only 2 berths in the category that was assigned, but with the way things are lately with Royal, I would not take any chances.

Better to sort this out while there are still staterooms available for 3.

That's nonsense about the categories. A guarantee category has a specific designation, like Z1, but once a cabin is assigned, your cabin is THAT category.

12359 is category 4V. THEY chose to give you a cabin that has only two berths.

All interiors; all with three berths; all available on your cruise.

Thank you Merion_Mom for sending me those cabin numbers.

When I first book the guarantee room, my invoice receipt show "ZI-GTY" for my stateroom, after they assigned my room it shows "4V-12539 Interior".

I'll keep everyone posted on how they handle this issue.

Thanks

I just did a mock booking for the same cruise on the same exact date, but this time I book only for 2 adults for an interior room, and all the rooms shows up for 2 people are the category 4V. Now I'm pretty sure their system made a mistake putting our family of 3 in the room designated for 2 people and they won't let us switch to another room, because we have to stay in category 4V.

I got a replied email back from Mr. Frau, he's from the Executive Office of Royal Caribbean, his email acknowledge they received the email I sent to Mr. Bayley and they are looking into it. I replied to Mr. Frau with the attached image picture of my mock booking for 2 people showing all the rooms are category 4V.

Mr. Frau just called me. He sounds like a nice person. He said he himself did a thorough research on this and found out that room during peak season, they convert it to a 3 person room by putting a sofa bed it, and I have his words on it. He also said I can call him directly on his phone line on embarkation day if I found out there is no sofa bed in our room.

Mr. Frau just called me. He sounds like a nice person. He said he himself did a thorough research on this and found out that room during peak season, they convert it to a 3 person room by putting a sofa bed it, and I have his words on it. He also said I can call him directly on his phone line on embarkation day if I found out there is no sofa bed in our room.

Uh, why would they not just leave the sofa bed in there after "peak season"? Still doesn't sound right.

Doesn't sound right to me either