Lost camera saga

OP here, and I am so glad that (most) ya'll are enjoying it. I didn't just jump on this thread to post it here. I read through every link provided and found it to be a real detective story before posting here (and I did look to make sure I wasn't repeating information). As interesting as the cameras journey was - the journey back home is just as interesting. Not to mention, who knew turtles know how to work a camera?

Some folks never make it over to the Royal board.

OP thanks for sharing the link

Amazing story..Aruba to Key West is about 1200 miles, so that camera traveled about 200 miles a month from Mid Nov to Mid May.

Carrying you argument to it's logical conclusion, the OP should post the message on all the rest of the boards on Cruise Critic to make sure that nobody misses the original post.

DON

Carrying you argument to it's logical conclusion, the OP should post the message on all the rest of the boards on Cruise Critic to make sure that nobody misses the original post.

DON

Sounds like a good idea to me..lol

With all the negative threads on the board, its refreshing to see something positive and truly amazing.

Not sure why it bothers you to this degree, but you are entitled to that opinion.

I was led over here to you fine Carnival folks from a post on my thread. Thanks, JerseyshoreBruce! Likewise, I rarely read other threads, such as Carnival, so I wouldn't have known this conversation was taking place over here.

Newcatintown - I appreciate you sharing my story. I took this on as a personal challenge because there was almost no identiying information in the pictures. I've been working on this for 2 weeks and finally identified an owner in Aruba yesterday. I am still dumbfounded this camera floated all the way to Key West from Aruba over a period of 6 months.

For those who have not seen it, two months after the camera floated away from the owner, a sea turtle came across it. The camera was in video mode already, so when the turtle bit in to it and turned it on, this is what happened:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E43sg-Ytt58

i agree, don't worry about the negative someone may write. may not be interesting to them (so why did they bother to post) but it is interesting to others. i looked at the video and saw that they did locate the owner! how awesome!!

and amazing how it intrigued them enough to want to find the owner and the painstakingly research they did. i am a curious person as well. thanks for posting OP!!

Archived