Onboard Gifts

blallee23

There will be 10 of us sailing on the Emerald Princess in November to the Mexican Riviera. My husband and I booked through Princess directly, the other 8 members went through a TA. I would like to purchase a coffee card for the youngest member of our group (16) as her birthday is while we are on the cruise. I see that I can purchase an onboard gift for someone other than me or my husband. But, I was wondering how will she know that she has an onboard gift if they booked through a TA and have no access to the Cruise Personalizer? Do I need to let her know that there is a little something for her (does she get it when we get our sail cards? or does it come in the mail?) any information is appreciated.

There will be 10 of us sailing on the Emerald Princess in November to the Mexican Riviera. My husband and I booked through Princess directly, the other 8 members went through a TA. I would like to purchase a coffee card for the youngest member of our group (16) as her birthday is while we are on the cruise. I see that I can purchase an onboard gift for someone other than me or my husband. But, I was wondering how will she know that she has an onboard gift if they booked through a TA and have no access to the Cruise Personalizer? Do I need to let her know that there is a little something for her (does she get it when we get our sail cards? or does it come in the mail?) any information is appreciated.

I don't think a coffee card purchase will show in the Personalizer.

Go ahead and make the purchase, a card will be in your cabin, hand it to her. That's the easiest way.

Also, bring a printout that shows the purchase, just in case there's a glitch and no one knows what you're talking about.

BTW: have you joined your roll call??

Call Princess. Purchase the gift in her name. It will be charged to your credit card when you purchase it. There should be a gift card in her cabin on boarding day indicating the gift and who it is from.

No gifts ever are shown in the personalizer (even if you purchased them for yourself).

Reason is so any gift will be a surprise gift for the recipient.

As the above poster said, there should be a card in the cabin announcing the gift.

Also in reference to your original posts and your friends not having access to the cruise personaliser because booked with a TA is incorrect. TA will give them their booking reference so they can access it themselves to book excursions etc. But yes gift won't show up

Call Princess. Purchase the gift in her name. It will be charged to your credit card when you purchase it. There should be a gift card in her cabin on boarding day indicating the gift and who it is from.

I did that for a friend of mine. The gift card was in their cabin when they got on board. I did not even need their booking number to do it. Name and sailing date was all that I needed to get the gift.

Hello, I just returned from Emerald last week. Here is how the coffee card program worked on our cruise. I had pre purchased coffee cards for my wife and myself. When we boarded there was no card in our cabin. Guest services told me to go down to the international café and they will issue it there. The international café has a list of all people who pre paid for coffee cards. You give them your sea pass and cabin number and they look it up on the list. they see you pre bought the card and issue the card to you. Very simple

You are lucky you got the card with not hassle. A couple of cruises ago, I ordered the canapes' for ourselves for formal night, formal night came and went, no canapes, the next day I went to PS to ask what happened, of course I get the deer in the headlights look, the have no "control" over on line purchases. I magically pull out the receipt I printed out beforehand , and presented it to her, OH! I was credited for the purchase, but I had purchased it on my CC and didn't see it on my folio, so my DH had printed his out a couple of days later, it was credited to his.

I don't think a coffee card purchase will show in the Personalizer.

Go ahead and make the purchase, a card will be in your cabin, hand it to her. That's the easiest way.

Also, bring a printout that shows the purchase, just in case there's a glitch and no one knows what you're talking about.

BTW: have you joined your roll call??

I have joined the Roll Call. Thank you for your help!

I did that for a friend of mine. The gift card was in their cabin when they got on board. I did not even need their booking number to do it. Name and sailing date was all that I needed to get the gift.

This is how I am hoping it will work. Thank you!