Caribbean Pricing

bee-ess

I booked on board on 21st December 2017 for the £50 deposit for December 2018 and the girl there couldn't believe the Select Fare was lower. I waited expecting it to ping back but nope it took my deposit and its been confirmed at those prices by email since I returned home. Also its less than I paid this year by a few hundred too but although its the same grade cabin its Azura not Britannia in 2018 so that may explain it but I prefer Azura so win win.

Suggest you wait until 6-8 weeks before the sail date, P&O are renown for slashing prices up to 50%.

You are living in the past. This stopped some years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree. In my opinion, it appears as though booking select fare when the cruises first become available is the best and cheapest option. Invariably prices rise quite quickly and then edge down to sell remaining cabins. It is possible to get some lower saver fares within a few weeks of sailing but many cruises are sold out before then and many others don’t get heavily discounted anyway.

I think generally you are right, but this year the Caribbean TA's out dropped dramatically in the last month. Although it was only inside cabins, but I saw £700 for 15 night cruise inc flight home.

I think with the cruise I highlighted http://www.pocruises.com/a829a/?search=true - why would anyone buy a saver fare when the Select is cheaper and has OBC, just seems strange pricing.

Not correct again !

In September Azura slashed prices to £999pp for balcony cabin which included the flight for a 14 night Caribbean cruise (2-16 Dec 2017). In January 2017 the same cruise was £2200 pp. I know because I was caught

Not correct again !

In September Azura slashed prices to £999pp for balcony cabin which included the flight for a 14 night Caribbean cruise (2-16 Dec 2017). In January 2017 the same cruise was £2200 pp. I know because I was caught

Yes, thats the cruise I mentioned, But I don't think this is the normal situation for all cruises, it is only when a cruise hasn't sold well.

So one cruise is sold cheaply as it is not selling that does not mean the company does it for all cruises as you implied.

It is very unfair to give people reading this false information

Only one cruise ?

Britannia prices were also slashed to less than half price this year, for three cruises during November and December. It happens every year and to say its stopped, you are living in cuckoo land.

Only one cruise ?

Britannia prices were also slashed to less than half price this year, for three cruises during November and December. It happens every year and to say its stopped, you are living in cuckoo land.

In general it has stopped 4/5 years ago it was nearly every cruise

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Think the prices in Caribbean were affected by the hurricane with lots cancelling and usual late bookers didnt bother because of the disruption. The only true comparison of price drops is price advertised late compared to when brochure first released when recently these have been the best deals. November/December prior to Christmas have always been difficult to sell and for that reason are very well priced many months in advance and not just late deals.