On board Freedom of the Seas

Boarded on Saturday, beautiful weather but extremely rocky! Heading to St. Kitts, I don’t understand why Peale need to complain! All the staff has been pleasant it the other cruisers that need help! But that’s all over. Having a wonderful time.

Could you post a picture of the pool decks on sea days. I am interested in how crowded it is getting and if any chairs are available. I don't know why I am stressing out about this... haha!! We are on the freedom in 25 days and can't wait :) Have a great cruise!!!!!!!!

Could you post a picture of the pool decks on sea days. I am interested in how crowded it is getting and if any chairs are available. I don't know why I am stressing out about this... haha!! We are on the freedom in 25 days and can't wait :) Have a great cruise!!!!!!!!

We got off the Freedom on Feb. 25th. On sea days, chairs around the pools were impossible to find. If you go down extremely early in the morning, you might have some luck, though. It's pretty sad to walk around and look for a chair, and see so many empty chairs with towels on them. Some put towels to save their chairs.....something we've never done. We would just go back to our balcony and sit there. Have fun on your upcoming cruise, it's a great ship! And good luck with the pool chairs! :)

We got off the Freedom on Feb. 25th. On sea days, chairs around the pools were impossible to find. If you go down extremely early in the morning, you might have some luck, though. It's pretty sad to walk around and look for a chair, and see so many empty chairs with towels on them. Some put towels to save their chairs.....something we've never done. We would just go back to our balcony and sit there. Have fun on your upcoming cruise, it's a great ship! And good luck with the pool chairs! :)

Thank you for the response. I am trying to tell myself not to stress, it will all work out, but this is discouraging. I think the new "no check out" policy for towels is great but if people don't return the towels, there is no way to tell if a chair is taken or not. I am one of those people that always looks for a family without chairs or lets the people next to us know that we are leaving and clears all of our belongings. Why take up a chair that you are not using? Drives me crazy!!!

Thank you for the response. I am trying to tell myself not to stress, it will all work out, but this is discouraging. I think the new "no check out" policy for towels is great but if people don't return the towels, there is no way to tell if a chair is taken or not. I am one of those people that always looks for a family without chairs or lets the people next to us know that we are leaving and clears all of our belongings. Why take up a chair that you are not using? Drives me crazy!!!

We are just off the Freedom on 3/3. The pool deck does get crowded, but we always found a chair or 2 together. As for the towels, you had to use your room key to check them in/out

Boarded on Saturday, beautiful weather but extremely rocky! Heading to St. Kitts, I don’t understand why Peale need to complain! All the staff has been pleasant it the other cruisers that need help! But that’s all over. Having a wonderful time.

Thanks for posting. As long as you're having a wonderful time that's all that matters.

Enjoy your cruise.

How much is the cover charge for Chops and Giovannis? I know what they are on the Oasis but it seems like they might be cheaper on the Freedom.

Mahalo.

As far as I know it’s the same, we got the dining package. They did say something about buy one get one

It fills up, but I did see them marking loungers and removing things if it sat too long with no one coming back

I don’t understand why people complain,your on vacation! Enjoy yourself. If I were to complain, it would be about the parents letting their children run wild. They don’t seem to get it (your on a ship for Pete’s sake, nothing but deep deep water around you. ) Parent watch your kids! It’s not our job or the staffs job.

I don’t understand why people complain,your on vacation! Enjoy yourself. If I were to complain, it would be about the parents letting their children run wild. They don’t seem to get it (your on a ship for Pete’s sake, nothing but deep deep water around you. ) Parent watch your kids! It’s not our job or the staffs job.

thankfully we didn't have that problem on our trip, but with Spring Break coming up, it's gonna be a madhouse I bet. They actually condensed the kids clubs on our boat because there was only 400 kids.....which I guess is low? lol

Totally agree!!

Have a fantabulous cruise on one of our favorite ships! :hearteyes: We dearly miss her being here in Port Canaveral. Sigh.....

Just because it's a vacation doesn't mean complaints aren't in order. Perhaps even more so - you spent your hard earned money, and if things aren't how you like them it's disappointing.

Now, I certainly think there are people in the world who may be overly picky or like to complain, but I wouldn't say that complaints can't be voiced simply because it's a vacation.

Edited by Zach1213

As far as I know it’s the same, we got the dining package. They did say something about buy one get one

I’m interested to know how the package goes for you since there aren’t too many specialty restaurants on Freedom. Did you get the ultimate package?

I have the 5-night package for the same Freedom itinerary at the end of April. Being from South Texas, we aren’t too keen on Sabor so I steered clear of the ultimate package. I’m sure Sabor is popular with many, but I can’t see paying that price for Mexican food - no matter how good it is!

Considering doing the wine pairing dinner in Vintages one night. If you can unearth any recent info about that, I’d appreciate it.

Have a great cruise!!

I’m interested to know how the package goes for you since there aren’t too many specialty restaurants on Freedom. Did you get the ultimate package?

I have the 5-night package for the same Freedom itinerary at the end of April. Being from South Texas, we aren’t too keen on Sabor so I steered clear of the ultimate package. I’m sure Sabor is popular with many, but I can’t see paying that price for Mexican food - no matter how good it is!

Considering doing the wine pairing dinner in Vintages one night. If you can unearth any recent info about that, I’d appreciate it.

Have a great cruise!!

To be fair, Sabor isn't really anything close to Mexican food. It's "Mexican" food.