Balcony Dining - Regal/Royal Princess cabins L107/L108 M107/M108

suzQ28

Has anyone that has stayed in one of these cabins done the Ultimate Balcony Dining? We have one of these booked this summer for a Baltic cruise and would love to book a UBD, but am worried about it being too windy and not as nice since we would not have a water view while dining.

I'm curious to hear from anyone that has experience with this. Was it too windy? Did you miss having a view of the water while sitting and eating?

Thank you!

We did the UBD in M107 on the Royal this summer...I scheduled it for an evening we were leaving port late from Mykonos...it was quite windy still but we really enjoyed it still...one of the highlights of our cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were in L108 in January and did our UBD in St. Thomas because the ship wasn't leaving until 10pm. Because the balcony is so large, we weren't under any cover as you would be in a "normal" cabin. So when it started raining, we hurried to move everything indoors. We had a blast and consider it our best balcony dinner ever!

• 6 months later...
We were in L108 in January and did our UBD in St. Thomas because the ship wasn't leaving until 10pm. Because the balcony is so large, we weren't under any cover as you would be in a "normal" cabin. So when it started raining, we hurried to move everything indoors. We had a blast and consider it our best balcony dinner ever!

I know this post is several months old, but we are in L101 in November and I'm considering doing this the evening we are in St. Thomas as well, since we are there so late. I am curious what the menu was like. Do they have you choose your options a day or two beforehand, etc? There isn't a whole lot of information to be found about specifics.

Thank you!

I know this post is several months old, but we are in L101 in November and I'm considering doing this the evening we are in St. Thomas as well, since we are there so late. I am curious what the menu was like. Do they have you choose your options a day or two beforehand, etc? There isn't a whole lot of information to be found about specifics.

Thank you!

Yes the room service supervisor will contact you about the menu/drinks and/or special dietary needs etc. Usually a day or 2 ahead. You could always contact them too.

Thank you!

Interesting video, albeit 8 years ago!! ;p

Thank you!

It's a four course menu (really 6 but first and last are "small" and not listed) plus the ubiquitous bread basket.

Plate of the canapés

Pear and Walnut salad

Crab cakes

Filet mignon and lobster tail

Amazing chocolate mousse dessert

Petit fours.

Half bottle champagne, and two welcome cocktails of choice.

Flower arrangement

Photo (photographer comes to cabin and snaps a few, you choose the one you want, additional at $10)

They'll meet with you in advance, go over menu, when they'll arrive for setup, choose your drink, etc.

They'll work with food allergies.

You have some discretion in the menu, within reason. Such as - we bith order a ribeye instead if the filet and lobster. My friend doesn't eat red meat, she got two large tails. Gluten free bread provided for my friend.. Others have ordered the MDR chicken instead, etc. So, within reason, they'll adjust the menu...

It's and amazing experience, one of the best values inboard, as you keep the flowers and get the photo. We always do it fairly early in the cruise to enjoy the flowers while they last..

Enjoy.