How many Drinks did I have on Package ????

Tedferg

We had an instance on our last cruise on the Sun Princess where the serving waiter told me that I had reached my limit of 15 drinks and my wife was at 13 drinks. We knew that we were absolutely nowhere near our limit, so we went up to the bar and asked the bar man who had served us the previous round of drinks to swipe our cards and let us know where we stood. I was at 9 drinks and my wife was at 8 drinks, so who knows where the waiter got their information from. As it was, those were going to be our last drinks of the night, so we wouldn't have gone over the limit anyway, but it would have bugged me if we had decided to stay for 1 more and I'd have been cut off.

We had an instance on our last cruise on the Sun Princess where the serving waiter told me that I had reached my limit of 15 drinks and my wife was at 13 drinks. We knew that we were absolutely nowhere near our limit, so we went up to the bar and asked the bar man who had served us the previous round of drinks to swipe our cards and let us know where we stood. I was at 9 drinks and my wife was at 8 drinks, so who knows where the waiter got their information from. As it was, those were going to be our last drinks of the night, so we wouldn't have gone over the limit anyway, but it would have bugged me if we had decided to stay for 1 more and I'd have been cut off.

It is interesting how quickly bar staff remember our numbers - and believe me we are just there for a couple of drinks when back from port or before dinner. Perhaps the server used an incorrect number.

or perhaps the server was 'saving' your number for some of his/her favorite customers later in the evening for a nice tip?

you gotta know that happens...:cool:

Perhaps it does. On their final day working for Princess. :rolleyes:

maybe;p

but I've checked our account almost every day, and definitely on the last night at sea...

sometime between then and final billing, I've had "extra" buckets of beers and bottles of wine added to my account, that I've had to go down to customer service to have removed before disembarkation..

just my personal experience

and who would ever know if a few "extra drinks" were added to your daily limit??

yeah, the server...:rolleyes:

maybe;p

and who would ever know if a few "extra drinks" were added to your daily limit??

..:rolleyes:

Never thought of this, you would not know since daily total is not shown unless you ask for it. Possibly drinks added to PBP for Pax who are not on the package ??? The ultimate 'Sharing'!

I prefer to think this does not happen. Not sure if I mentioned it in this thread, but my ship card became demagnetized thanks to a magnetic clip on new wallet. Customer service issued a new one and when I got back to Crooners I noticed she had duplicated my wife's card. I said to server that it probably did not matter and she pointed out that both of us would count towards one 15 total,

I was going to get the drinks package and have a look at the end of my cruise if I came out ahead or lost money as I just presumed each drink would be added to you account with a $0 cost. After reading this thread If I understand it correctly that doesn’t happen and you don’t know how much you’ve had, is this correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is correct. You need to bring a Sharpie brand marker and mark your forehead after finishing each drink. Then count the marks at the end of the day while looking in the mirror.

Btw: this method helps the bartenders too. 13 marks? You’re good for another!!

That is correct. You need to bring a Sharpie brand marker and mark your forehead after finishing each drink. Then count the marks at the end of the day while looking in the mirror.

Btw: this method helps the bartenders too. 13 marks? You’re good for another!!

Red or black sharpie!!

Thanks not the answer I wanted but now I know.

I was going to get the drinks package and have a look at the end of my cruise if I came out ahead or lost money as I just presumed each drink would be added to you account with a $0 cost. After reading this thread If I understand it correctly that doesn’t happen and you don’t know how much you’ve had, is this correct?

You can ask for a receipt for each drink. It will be zeroed out as there's no "charge" but at least you'd have the paper receipt with drink on it.. You could guesstimate from there, or mark down how much each drink cost from the drink menu and do the math.

Pain in the neck, but if you really want to know....

Your account sheet should show the drinks ordered with $0.00 (or a tip value if you wrote one on the receipt).

As for the canned drinks, when I asked for Diet Coke in a can, rather than poured over ice, so that I could take it ashore. The bartender admitted that they open the cans so that people don't use the 'free' ones to restock their cabin mini-bars, where they can charge $$$. Sneaky, huh?

As for the canned drinks, when I asked for Diet Coke in a can, rather than poured over ice, so that I could take it ashore. The bartender admitted that they open the cans so that people don't use the 'free' ones to restock their cabin mini-bars, where they can charge $$$. Sneaky, huh?

I assume you could have just obtained the Diet Coke in a can on the way to go ashore since they sell soda and water on the ship as you leave.

I assume you could have just obtained the Diet Coke in a can on the way to go ashore since they sell soda and water on the ship as you leave.

Nope, as the PBP does not cover actual cabs of soda - if you want a full can of soda, in the can, you have to buy it, although you do get a discount on the can!

The only way to enjoy the canned sodas using the PBP is to get s glass of soda, as in they have to open it and pour you the glass.. You don't get the can. Ridiculous change, but what can you do?