Labadee - Beach Lounger for Two

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Private Islands
Disney's Castaway Cay, Carnival Corp.'s Grand Turk & Half Moon Cay, RCI's Labadee & Coco Cay, Princess Cays etc.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:47 PM.
Atlanta, GA
609 Posts
Joined May 2003
Does anyone know what beach these are on? Specifically, these are the ones you rent for $45 and have a 'clamshell' type covering for shade. Also, if you have the drink package, are there drinks available nearby?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

USA - Virginia
37 Posts
Joined Oct 2016
I rented these on our recent cruise when they went on sale for $38.00 per two chairs. When I initially booked it, I misunderstood it and I booked it for both my wife and I (and it totaled out at $76.00). Then I realized I just needed to book it for me and we both could use it...so it was only $38.00.

They were nice and comfortable, and ours had a bar right there.
California
52 Posts
Joined Jun 2014
From the booking page, under Important Notes:
  • Each lounger accommodates 2 guests. Please reserve 1 beach lounger for every 2 guests.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
-Lisa =^..^=

Previous Sailings:
October 2017 - Oasis of the Seas
September 2016 - Grandeur of the Seas
June 2015 - Jewel of the Seas
April 2005 - Monarch of the Seas
NJ
3,575 Posts
Joined Feb 2014
Originally posted by cruisingbooboo
I looked into them too, FYI it's $45.00 pp so $90.00 total. Seemed a bit deceiving to me...
The price of $45 is for 2 lounge chairs for the Clamshell and it is NOT pp.

Originally posted by powelweb
Are you sure the pricing is pp? When you rent a bungalow or cabana, just one person rents. the unit and the group then uses.
You're correct, only 1 person needs to rent a cabana or those Clamshells.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Linda

Pinnacle & Club Royale VIP

"Expect nothing and you'll never be disappointed"
Virginia
10,581 Posts
Joined Jan 2005
Originally posted by Sashathailand
Do all the beaches have these chairs and is it then first come first serve for location? Is there a check in style desk so they can verify you booked a chair?
No, they are only at Adrenaline beach. There is a check-in desk and they give you a wrist band and it's choose your clamshell, not assigned. There is a rope around them, but it's still a public beach so anyone can use the beach, just not the clamshells. There is a bar that is right up next to the rope so easy to get drinks. We were there on Oasis the week of 29 Oct (wish we'd rented one the previous week too just for the shade). The sun did start to intrude by 1:30 or 2 or so, but that gave us 5 hours or so with shade. It's also not far from the bathrooms and bbq area.

We had a couple in front of us who didn't stay long and another family just came along and sat in the clamshell without paying. A worker came by and they bantered and he let them know they were supposed to have a wrist band, but they just brushed it off and he said if his boss came by, they'd have to leave. Wow. I can't believe they didn't know. The clamshells are roped off and there's reserved signs on the ones that weren't rented, which granted were only one or two, but just looking at the area, you'd know they weren't free/open to anyone. They just played dumb and got it for free for several hours. If you leave early, you're supposed to let them know and they can put up a "for rent" sign.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
+

Oasis of the Seas 29 Nov 2017
Oasis of the Seas 22 Nov 2017
Grandeur of the Seas 08 April 2017
Grandeur of the Seas 31 Oct 2016
Celebrity Summit 24 July 2016
Anthem of the Seas 08 April 2016
Vision of the Seas 30 Nov 2015
Carnival Sunshine 07 Feb 2015
Grandeur of the Seas 01 Nov 2014
Grandeur of the Seas 18 March 2014
Allure of the Seas 03 Nov 2013
Explorer of the Seas 15 Mar 2013
Explorer of the Seas 04 Nov 2012
Enchantment of the Seas 10 March 2012
Freedom of the Seas 16 Oct 2011
Enchantment of the Seas 23 July 2011
Explorer of the Seas 07 Nov 2010
Explorer of the Seas 19 Mar 2010
Grandeur of the Seas 25 July 2009
Carnival Miracle 22 April 2009
Carnival Glory 01 Nov 2008
Dawn Princess 21 Oct 2007
Carnival Glory 11 Nov 2006
Carnival Fantasy 13 Nov 2005
WA
14 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
Thank you BND

Originally posted by BND
No, they are only at Adrenaline beach. There is a check-in desk and they give you a wrist band and it's choose your clamshell, not assigned. There is a rope around them, but it's still a public beach so anyone can use the beach, just not the clamshells. There is a bar that is right up next to the rope so easy to get drinks. We were there on Oasis the week of 29 Oct (wish we'd rented one the previous week too just for the shade). The sun did start to intrude by 1:30 or 2 or so, but that gave us 5 hours or so with shade. It's also not far from the bathrooms and bbq area.

We had a couple in front of us who didn't stay long and another family just came along and sat in the clamshell without paying. A worker came by and they bantered and he let them know they were supposed to have a wrist band, but they just brushed it off and he said if his boss came by, they'd have to leave. Wow. I can't believe they didn't know. The clamshells are roped off and there's reserved signs on the ones that weren't rented, which granted were only one or two, but just looking at the area, you'd know they weren't free/open to anyone. They just played dumb and got it for free for several hours. If you leave early, you're supposed to let them know and they can put up a "for rent" sign.