Carnival Cruising Etiquette 101

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:31 AM.
452 Posts
Joined Mar 2015
Main one is rude, young kids running amuck all of the ship. If u wouldn't leave your child unattended in large, public place at home don't here. I agree fully with previous post that many claim their vacation and they enjoy not seeing their kids much all week. Some like to spin they are teaching indepdence or they don't want do what parents are. The ship isn't a babysitter nor everyone else on board. Sad really it is even a problem. Vacation with kids sbe family vacation IMO. Take one without kids if you don't want parent while cruising.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

2004 Celebration~ Cozumel
2014 Fascination ~ Nassau, Little Stirrup Cay
2015 Freedom~ Cozumel, Belize, Honduras
2016 Dream~Cozumel, Belize, Honduras

2017 Freedom~Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Jamaica
2018 Vista ~ Grand Turk, St. Kitts, St. Maarten, San Juan

5,930 Posts
Joined May 2010
Originally posted by grandmarnnurse
As an RN, I shutter to hear that! I think I use it a million times a day!! Yikes! Please don't cruise my ship!

Sent from my iPad using Forums
I'm surprised you didn't quote me since you are a nurse. I'm wondering why you'd rather have my Enema flaking skin fall into the buffet food if I used the hand sanitizer? Doctors orders not to use it.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Long Island, N.Y.
309 Posts
Joined Aug 2010
Originally posted by coevan
As far as the balcony light, the first night our neighbor had his on all night. When we saw him in the hall and asked if he knew the balcony light was on. He did not and apologized.
We sit on the Balcony every nite and have a couple glasses of wine..It is one of the reasons we book balcony rooms only....When i tell people how many shooting stars my wife and I have seen in our 40+ cruises people always ask after how many glasses of wine ? It is so relaxing sitting outside at night and when people leave their outside light on it takes away the nite view.(.P.S. some people use the outside light as a nite light.....) I have asked the cabin steward many times to turn off the outside light in the room next to me and have done it, and many people just do not know about the light... And i have also called the room and asked for them to turn it off and people do....
Dorset, england
599 Posts
Joined May 2011
Originally posted by coevan
"because you decided to put the glass you drank out of back under the dispenser and get some more lemonade."

I don't even know what this means. Every restaurant you have been to when they ask if you want more soda, they do exactly what you are referring too. How is this not sanitary? You are just pressing on a plastic bar.
The reason it is not 'sanitary' is because you have had your lips on the cup. When you press it against the bar you are transferring traces of your saliva onto the bar, all ready for the next person who comes along.

As someone said up thread, straws are often used in land restaurants, so your lips do not touch the rim of the cup. It is also a different matter with the machines that have a button to press so that the cup does not have to press the lever.
Texas
1,559 Posts
Joined Mar 2009
Originally posted by luvsboozecruises
We sit on the Balcony every nite and have a couple glasses of wine..It is one of the reasons we book balcony rooms only....When i tell people how many shooting stars my wife and I have seen in our 40+ cruises people always ask after how many glasses of wine ? It is so relaxing sitting outside at night and when people leave their outside light on it takes away the nite view.(.P.S. some people use the outside light as a nite light.....) I have asked the cabin steward many times to turn off the outside light in the room next to me and have done it, and many people just do not know about the light... And i have also called the room and asked for them to turn it off and people do....
I have never called, but I was tempted to. So many times the balcony lights are left on all night and it ruins the viewing of the night sky. One of my favorite places is on the balcony.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jenny

Carnival Breeze April 2017
Carnival Freedom Feb 2016, Sep 2016
Celebrity Eclipse Nov 2015
Princess Emerald Feb 2015
Carnival Triumph Aug 2013, Feb 2015
Carnival Magic Feb 2014, July 2014, Aug 2014
Carnival Conquest Sept 2007, Sept 2009, Feb 2011, Feb 2013, Nov 2013
Disney Magic Sept 2012
Carnival Victory May 2011
Carnival Spirit Aug 2010 - Review http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1270083

Carnival Ecstasy Aug 2006, Feb 2010