Diamond Princess- Deck 8 Lights

mlbcruiser

It won't matter one way or another. The curtains make it quite dark. We had a cabin on Coral Princess that was all the way aft with an observation deck outside our window. Not a problem at all.

So there ARE lights on all night outside (for the lifeboats, etc.)? Guess sleeping won't be much of an issue, though guess I'll have to give up my habit of staring out to sea to watch the waves, the stars or lights on a distant shore when the weather is clear. The reason I asked is because I did see one review from several years ago in which a lady said the lights bothered her all night. Forgot which cabin she was in, though.

Thanks for the replies, everyone!

So there ARE lights on all night outside (for the lifeboats, etc.)? Guess sleeping won't be much of an issue, though guess I'll have to give up my habit of staring out to sea to watch the waves, the stars or lights on a distant shore when the weather is clear. The reason I asked is because I did see one review from several years ago in which a lady said the lights bothered her all night. Forgot which cabin she was in, though.

Thanks for the replies, everyone!

IMO......

If you want to do this don't book an OV on Emerald deck. Even without lights you can't see the stars etc as the cabin and windows are set quite a distance back anyway regardless of any lights.

This site has many pictures of views from those cabins.......

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/diamond-sapphire-princess

Yes, I thought of that. Certainly wouldn't be able to get a full view out, but from photos taken from the inside of the cabins with almost no obstruction, one could still see straight out to the horizon if there weren't lights to interefere. Oh, well, it's just the trade off. If the cruise was shorter, an inside would be fine. Guess we'll just go for an obst. view and live w/a crummy view. The jump to a regular OV is about $500. Since we won't be IN the cabin that much, I'd rather spend it on some other aspect of our trip.

Thanks for the help!

• 8 months later...

I am looking at an UN-obstructed Ubstructed OV on Deck 8 on the Ruby.

If could get the better cabin layout, I might book on Deck 5!!!

I am not finding photos of the Starboard side... But, on the Port side, there are big rectangular fluorescent type lights, like, hanging (not mounted recessed) right outside of the windows of these cabins. I can understand lighting... But, on the Ruby, the way they are mounted this seems awful and unnecessary.