Breakaway Walking track

jaee901

By far the best place to walk on the Breakaway is the Waterfront.

The only issue is that it doesn't go all the way round. You have to decide whether to keep turning round or whether to walk across the ship past the forward stairwell.

It's one of the best waking areas on any NCL ship.

BA's Lifeboat deck or Deck 7, below the Waterfront is also quiet and good for walking, very few people with no obstructions and it's naturally covered.

via Nexus 5X on Nougat 7.1.2 using Tapatalk, VPN secured.

Like others said the walking track on the deck above the pool gets crowded with folks just hanging out, deck chairs, and traffic from the restraunt. The waterfront would be good for walking just not running. There is not really a good place to run on the ship other than a treadmill in the cramped gym.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

> BA's Lifeboat deck or Deck 7, below the Waterfront is also quiet and

> good for walking, very few people with no obstructions and it's naturally > covered.

On deck 7, are there chairs there to sit by the railing and watch the water go by? We'll be looking for a place like that on Breakaway like deck 7 on the Star back in 2012. DH would grab a bucket of beers and we would sit there for hours watching the water, talking, napping... it was our favorite part of that wonderful cruise.

Bummer that the running track isn't a good place to run/jog. My 16-year-old wants to run every day to stay in shape for cross country and soccer . . . guess he will have to hit the treadmill. He's probably too fast for the track--he could run into someone. Now, I, on the other hand? Could probably slowly jog around people. My top speed is still pretty slow.

... On deck 7, are there chairs there to sit by the railing and watch the water go by? We'll be looking for a place like that on Breakaway like deck 7 on the Star back in 2012. DH would grab a bucket of beers and we would sit there for hours watching the water, talking, napping... it was our favorite part of that wonderful cruise.
My recollection of BA's deck 7 is "no" - there aren't any chairs or loungers ... possibly for fire/safety reasons in the unlikely case of an evacuation.

It was definitely quiet & an oasis to get away from the crowds on a sea days ... bring your own folding beach chairs ?? A foam or baboo mat to sit back & lean against the interior wall - with the big lifeboats hanging above/in front - it wasn't too windy, find a sweet spot to enjoy those sea days. These are some of the pix taken on deck 7 - some sections are pretty wide and some not, the forward section close to the bridge high above & pretty wide but fairly "exposed" to the element.

IMG20140329_1213.jpg?dl=0

IMG20150324_100718%20%281024x768%29.jpg?dl=0

IMG20150324_100743%20%281024x768%29.jpg?dl=0

Waterfront, Deck 8's portside has oversized sofa - we like the ones on the portside (smokers on the starboard side's designated area) These sofa chairs are just outside La Cucina.

IMG20140325_2012.jpg?dl=0

It can get windy & chilly sitting out there on a sea day, pack a hoodies - along with your own insulated coffee/beverage thermos, and enjoy ... (optional - an e-Reader and/or tablet/iPad with a headset for music to doze off). Enjoy the BA & we love Bermuda, booked to sail her again later this Fall - :cool:

Bummer that the running track isn't a good place to run/jog. My 16-year-old wants to run every day to stay in shape for cross country and soccer . . . guess he will have to hit the treadmill. He's probably too fast for the track--he could run into someone. Now, I, on the other hand? Could probably slowly jog around people. My top speed is still pretty slow.

Unless he goes very early, the running track up by the pool on the BA has to be a design to frustrate anyone who plans to run.