Bringing bottle water?

Cranker

According to this blog, RCI's policy is NO... but apparently people do.

https://www.******************.com/boards/index.php?/topic/5663-are-we-allowed-to-bring-water/

This is the most recent RCI sub-board CC discussion that came up in a search, fun reading what others have done!

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2560659

how many bottles of bottle can I bring? A case for 2 people.

The first response references RCI. I don't see where you indicate that - is that your cruise line? If so, many times they will allow bottled water, other times they don't. It seems to vary by departure port and ship. But with the low cost of water, the risk is small. Celebrity operates in a similar manner. What may work is to put a luggage tag on the case and check it as luggage.

If not RCI, I would check with your cruise line for their policy and perhaps also post this on that cruise line's board for responses from people who may have experience with that line.

The first response references RCI. I don't see where you indicate that - is that your cruise line? If so, many times they will allow bottled water, other times they don't. It seems to vary by departure port and ship. But with the low cost of water, the risk is small. Celebrity operates in a similar manner. What may work is to put a luggage tag on the case and check it as luggage.

If not RCI, I would check with your cruise line for their policy and perhaps also post this on that cruise line's board for responses from people who may have experience with that line.

The OP's couple other posts have been on a Harmony of the Seas Roll Call...assuming crystalspin did the background research. But good point, we shouldn't have to do that research, questions should have the important info included. Not all cruise lines have the same policy.

Plus, there is no real reason to bring more than one refillable bottle per person. The water on board ship is extremely pure, tastes great, doesn't come with a plastic waste problem, and is FREE!

The OP's couple other posts have been on a Harmony of the Seas Roll Call...assuming crystalspin did the background research. But good point, we shouldn't have to do that research, questions should have the important info included. Not all cruise lines have the same policy.

Plus, there is no real reason to bring more than one refillable bottle per person. The water on board ship is extremely pure, tastes great, doesn't come with a plastic waste problem, and is FREE!

Thanks for the input - yeah, I didn't check other posts, etc. You are correct that on board water is perfectly fine - it is what the crew drinks all the time. But with RCI, they should be able to bring water on - and as I said previously, low $ risk if not.