Voyager of the Seas - Mayhem

As frequent cruisers, we would like to know how it is possible for a group of 1300 passengers on a recent Voyager of the Seas from Australia cruise to arrange to bring large quantities of food on board, including getting through security. There was apparently mayhem on board this particular cruise that spoiled it for anyone who was not part of the group of 1300. Check out the video of "A Current Affair Australia" to see what happened, or read this from the Sun Sentinal Broward County, Florida:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/travel/fl-ne-royal-caribbean-cruise-line-refunds-passengers-wild-party-20181003-story.html

Edited by coralbaydreamer
Additional information added.

I think A Current Affair told a little white lie about bringing the food on board to make the story a bit more interesting.... I would guess and say that RCL brought onboard extra food to cater for this particular group but that sounds a bit boring so ACA embellished a little.

I feel the point to taken from this is that, cruises line are looking at the bottom line and just want the money, as the company must have booked the 1300 employee on the 3 night cruise.... and is was accepted.

So do not on a three night cruise, particularly is there is a conference in town.

I feel sorry for the other passengers whom had no idea of what was about to happen.

Cheers Don

I have not seen any restrictions on taking food on board a ship - only taking it ashore before of local quarantine regulations. From the look of it, the 1300 passengers were employees of an Indian tobacco company. Maybe the food was Indian food that would appeal to them rather than the usual food on the ship.

As for groups - Often on the American section of this forum passengers comment/complain about large groups on a cruise taking over whole sections of the ship. One group that I have heard comments about is called the 'Bears'. This is a large group of gay men who are not shy with their behaviour or dress on the pool deck. I suppose for the cruise company, they can get an enormous bulk booking without much work. However, it would severely impact other passengers' enjoyment. I have heard the suggestion that other passengers should be advised if their cruise has a bulk booking from any group, even a group of Santas or Tupperware salespeople. However, I cannot see this happening as (in some instances) it could cause mass cancellations by other passengers.

I also take it that the group was specially catered for rather than taking food aboard themselves.

Cruise lines should have to disclose if there is a large conference or special interest group aboard instead of passengers asking every time they book. When we were on Voyager some years back there was a large county music group aboard. No unruly behaviour, but the ship had rented them the cabaret lounge for the whole cruise, which really did have a knock-on effect reducing space for games and relaxation during the day and lost entertainment venue at night.

Additional supples of rice and curry powder might have been laded on board. :p

Except they wouldn’t as no way to cook them.

Seems just a few cruisers having whinge and exaggerating/embellishing as is often the case. Wasn’t the only one.