Freestyle Machines on Freedom

Atty

This is the basic menu...

CokeMachine_zpsd5d8e692.jpg

...when you'd make a selection...you'd then have choices to "flavor" the drinks.

For instance, when I selected Diet Coke, I then could narrow it down to:

Regular Diet Coke

Cherry Diet Coke

Orange Diet Coke

Lime Diet Coke

Raspberry Diet Coke

Vanilla Diet Coke

I LOVED these machines.

We just got off the FOS and in the Royal Promenade we kept hearing staff over and over saying "Rocket Science" to each other, not quietly I might add. Finally we clued in that they were making fun of people trying to use the Freestyle machines!! Apparently lots of people find them difficult to use?? Looked simple enough to us but we're not soda drinkers.

Just curious how they charge for the use of this, and how does it work with a drink package?

You must have a drink package. The machine only works with a special cup you get with the package with an RFID chip in the bottom. Each time you use the machine, there's a delay (15 minutes?) that must expire before you can use the same cup with any other machine.

Edited by clarea

You must have a drink package. The machine only works with a special cup you get with the package with an RFID chip in the bottom. Each time you use the machine, there's a delay (15 minutes?) that must expire before you can use the same cup with any other machine.

Aw I'd be the person to lose that cup on the first day :(

Well, you could still use the soda package by presenting your SeaPass card at the bars, but you would lose the use of the Freestyle machines.

Well, you could still use the soda package by presenting your SeaPass card at the bars, but you would lose the use of the Freestyle machines.

Maybe I'm not understanding your response, :o but when Jim purchased the Freestyle Machine package, they put a coke sticker on his SeaPass card and he was also able to take his special cup to any bar and get it filled with fountain soda along with using the Freestyle Machines.

Maybe I'm not understanding your response, :o but when Jim purchased the Freestyle Machine package, they put a coke sticker on his SeaPass card and he was also able to take his special cup to any bar and get it filled with fountain soda along with using the Freestyle Machines.

I was responding to the post above where the poster said they would lose the cup. I wanted to let them know that they could still get soda at the bars, even if they had lost the cup.

Edited by clarea

Maybe these machines have growing pains, but I'm not sure all of the flavors are available. These machine were on the Allure over Christmas and it nvere really worked for Powerade. The flavor selection only produced something that was yellow/orange and it did not taste very good.

That makes me wonder though -- if the cups have the scanner on them, and not the seapass card, what keeps someone from stealing these cups?

The same thing that keeps them from stealing your clothes, your jewelry, your iPad, your cell phone and/or anything you have. Whatever you do to prevent that will work with your cup.

Any time you've ever purchased the Coke card, they have given you a fancy tall cup with a closing lid. This cup now contains a RFID chip in the bottom that magically tells the Freestyle machines that you are cool to use it. You're "in the club" as they say.

If you want to use the Coke Freestyle machines, you have to use that cup. If you stick a normal glass under the nozzle of the machine, that machine doesn't know you are "in the club" and won't dispense refreshing beverages to you. You can still go to a bartender or your asst. waiter in the MDR and ask for a Coke, but you will only receive a basic beverage like you have always received: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, etc. No fancy drinks like: Coke with lime, Sprite with raspberry and vanilla, Diet Coke with orange, etc.

probably nothing. I never let my cup out of my sight

My DH left his cup on a table at the Cafe Promenade, went to get a cookie, came back and his cup was gone. We have never had to worry about that before. Staff was very good about getting him another cup, thank goodness.