Do Oceanview Panoramic Suites also get suite benefits?

JS Perks on Explorer:

Bathtub

Walk-in closet

Priority check-in and boarding Tea kettle and coffee maker

Bathroom amenities

Robes

Extra C&A point per night

Silver Seapass card

The tea kettle and coffee maker will definitely be a plus! Hubby only drinks decaf black tea which is sometimes difficult to find on the ship. Do we bring our own coffee or will it be provided?

The tea kettle and coffee maker will definitely be a plus! Hubby only drinks decaf black tea which is sometimes difficult to find on the ship. Do we bring our own coffee or will it be provided?

Coffee is provided in ill fitting filter packs. Be prepared for a mess.

• 2 months later...

I'm really surprised nobody has sailed the room and have an answer about 4 pages of talk. This is an exact example of this being a wasted thread.

I have been in the panoramic room on the Navigator of the Seas and I did have a gold colored badge. I just did not know what it was. I thought it was because I was a gold member. Last year on the liberty I was in a regular port hole and had a blue badge. I started asking question and found it was not a member thing but a room thing. So I have the Panoramic room coming up again soon so I was researching the perks when I came across here. We will see how it goes.

I'm really surprised nobody has sailed the room and have an answer about 4 pages of talk. This is an exact example of this being a wasted thread.

I have been in the panoramic room on the Navigator of the Seas and I did have a gold colored badge. I just did not know what it was. I thought it was because I was a gold member. Last year on the liberty I was in a regular port hole and had a blue badge. I started asking question and found it was not a member thing but a room thing. So I have the Panoramic room coming up again soon so I was researching the perks when I came across here. We will see how it goes.

Thank u so much

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 weeks later...

The reason nobody has an answer is:

It looks like they have re-classified these staterooms as suites starting 14-May-2018.

So, even if people have had this stateroom in the past, it was categorized as a Family Panoramic Ocean View (PF) and not an Oceanview Panoramic Suite (VP). No one will know 100% what suite perks these cabins will come with until the first sailing with the new category.

The reason nobody has an answer is:

So, even if people have had this stateroom in the past, it was categorized as a Family Panoramic Ocean View (PF) and not an Oceanview Panoramic Suite (VP). No one will know 100% what suite perks these cabins will come with until the first sailing with the new category.

That would be my guess too.

I just got home today out of the panoramic room on the liberty of the seas and no suite perks.

As the change isn’t expected until May, I’m not surprised. Was there any discussion onboard about the change?

Both 1804 and 1854 will be considered suites after May 2018. When I booked they were under the suite category.

We have 1804 on April 8, 2018 on Liberty and it is still considered a non suite at that time so no extra points for us.

Please let us know if you get extra C&A points in a week or so.

I will let you know. I was so disappointed that I had 29 points going into this cruise. I was thinking after the first day I would be moved to platinum and get my robes delivered lol. Nope! I don't get the points until next cruise.

I will let you know. I was so disappointed that I had 29 points going into this cruise. I was thinking after the first day I would be moved to platinum and get my robes delivered lol. Nope! I don't get the points until next cruise.

Yeah, well, sometimes if you speak to the Loyalty Ambassador, they might spring for robes, but that's about it.

Here is a different way of thinking on those cabins switching to suites in 2018.

When people have called the reps have been saying they will get full suite bennies. But the discussion on here has been leaning towards JS bennies as the price is too low. Maybe they will get full bennies with the lower price as the cabin has NO balcony? Just a thought. :D

Here is a different way of thinking on those cabins switching to suites in 2018.

When people have called the reps have been saying they will get full suite bennies. But the discussion on here has been leaning towards JS bennies as the price is too low. Maybe they will get full bennies with the lower price as the cabin has NO balcony? Just a thought. :D

You might be on to something there. Princess has ‘window suites’ in some of their ships which are priced at a pretty good discount to their balcony suites, but have full suite bennies.

• 4 weeks later...

Update - with gratuities going up, thought I would pre-pay them - primarily to see what amount I would be charged. . .my TA assessed the non-suite gratuity cost. At my request, he called Royal to double check and the answer he got it that if I pay now, I will be "grandfathered" in if a future category change results in the higher grats.

So don't know why I'm posting this as that ambiguous answer was probably worse than no answer!

Wait, actually there could be a valid purpose to this post: if you are booked in the Ocean Panoramic Suite after May, and the cabin really does get classified as a full suite, you can save $4 per day, per person, by pre-paying your gratuities.

Cheers,

So I did not get double points. I didn't even get my points lol. I had to call them. Last night I booked another cruise in September in the same category. Could not get front and center but I just love these rooms. I still don't think the regular panoramic rooms are anything special. Maybe the 2 family panoramic rooms get the suit category?