Concerns about MSC and Seaside Cruise March 2018

E.Cooper

My family is booked on the Seaside in March 2018, first time cruising with MSC. I have been having a hard time getting info from MSC. I have emailed the company directly and even tried emailing our booking agent but I am not getting replies. We have travelled with RC, Carnival and Princess in the past and we were always kept informed about our trip. I see there has been itinerary changes on our cruise after the hurricanes but I never got an email to say changes were made. This is making us really nervous about sailing with MSC.

We are also having issues getting an invoice with payment info and nothing will show up when I log in to my account. Is anyone else having these issues with MSC? We are thinking of cancelling as we are so unsure about MSC:(

My family is booked on the Seaside in March 2018, first time cruising with MSC. I have been having a hard time getting info from MSC. I have emailed the company directly and even tried emailing our booking agent but I am not getting replies. We have travelled with RC, Carnival and Princess in the past and we were always kept informed about our trip. I see there has been itinerary changes on our cruise after the hurricanes but I never got an email to say changes were made. This is making us really nervous about sailing with MSC.

We are also having issues getting an invoice with payment info and nothing will show up when I log in to my account. Is anyone else having these issues with MSC? We are thinking of cancelling as we are so unsure about MSC:(

They reply fast on Facebook. You can also try calling and talking to a rep instead of mailing.

Happy sailing!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Geez you are 4 months away.

I booked and made changes with MSC multiple times over the phone for my booking and have always gotten prompt, professional and courteous service. I'd try giving them a call during their business hours. We only received an email at the time of booking for confirmation and then 30 days out when our tickets were available (and again when we changed our cabin) given there were no changes to our itinerary for our Christmas and NYE cruise due to the hurricane.

If you did book with a TA then, as others have said, they cannot speak with you about any changes you wish to make and have to deal with your TA directly for any info.

Best of luck and happy cruising!

Have you tried calling either of them? Even in this techie world we live in, I still perfer asking questions on the phone. I'd much rather have one phone call then a series of emails back and forth.

• 1 month later...

I'm also booked on Seaside in March 2018. I booked this cruise back on the Divina in April 2017. I was in the same boat as you as not having an invoice. I called MSC and they said they can't speak to me since I purchased it on the ship and it automatically gets transferred back to the travel agent. I called the travel agent with the booking numbers and they said they couldn't get it. I called MSC back and said this is very frustrating I just want a D@*n invoice. That when they told me sales doesn't have access to it and she transferred me to a different department which I believe was the travel agent line. They were very helpful when I told them the situation and once I verified sailing, conf# and D.O.B I had my invoice with 30 seconds emailed to me. I think it boils down to how their system is setup. I believe the stops aren't being changed as much as people think. Hope this helps.