turkey

For my part, they can skip the one port in Turkey on our next cruise.

So sad what's happening there and throughout the globe.

DH and I are on the same cruise as you - Jewel - in May of 2017. I agree (sigh) re Turkey. Other cruise lines cancelled their Turkey port calls over the past few months and going forward. Royal did not. People we know have said Ephesus was lovely.

And look what just happened in Nice. Cruise lines canceled that port stop.

If I listed all of the cities around the world which have been impacted by the terrorist monsters you would change (all of) your travel plans.

not funny. not clever.

Wasn't really meant to be, it was what I thought when I saw a subject that said nothing more than "turkey." What I found funny was that several other people had similar thoughts on seeing that subject line. (same answer to your other two posts)

With a capital T, there would have been no confusion. Seems as if many are missing from online English.

I wasn't sure what would follow. Did you assume something political from the word turkey?

If you read the post that accompanies the word "turkey" you would see what o.p. was writing about.

DH and I are on the same cruise as you - Jewel - in May of 2017. I agree (sigh) re Turkey. Other cruise lines cancelled their Turkey port calls over the past few months and going forward. Royal did not. People we know have said Ephesus was lovely.

If I listed all of the cities around the world which have been impacted by the terrorist monsters you would change (all of) your travel plans.

Have you changed "all" of your travel plans?

Most of us choose not to live our lives dictated by what has or could happen.

Yes, Ephesus was amazing - so glad I visited there & Nice back in the good old days, when getting food poisoning from a dodgy meal, or falling prey to a pickpocket was your biggest concern in such places. :rolleyes:

If you read the post that accompanies the word "turkey" you would see what o.p. was writing about.

We all did. The comments were about what we thought the post was about when seeing the one word title in the list. smh

What a novel idea. Why didn't I think of that?

The confusion was never about the content; it was about what the single uncapitalized word "turkey" would lead to.

We are due to visit Turkey off Jewel next week. Our TA says she rang RC this morning and they are still intending to stop there.

I can't find anything with useful information on the RC website, the link given earlier seems to pertain to one particular TA.

This is a posting from the U.S. State Department this week....

"Per the Federal Aviation Administration¿s notice to airmen (NOTAM) dated July 15, 2016, following the launch of an unsuccessful military coup in Turkey, U.S. airline carriers are currently prohibited from flying to or from Istanbul and Ankara airports. All airline carriers, regardless of country of registry, are currently prohibited from flying into the United States from Turkey either directly or via a third country."

It would make perfect sense for RCCL to cancel the port.....

Madeline

This is the posting from the Government of Canada regarding travel advisories:

TURKEY - AVOID NON-ESSENTIAL TRAVEL

Global Affairs Canada advises against non-essential travel to Turkey.

If you are in Turkey, restrict your movements, ensure that your travel documents are up to date, and keep abreast of the latest developments. Register with the Registration of Canadians Abroad service and carefully follow messages issued through this service. See Security for more information.

I'm due to visit Kusadasi on the Rhapsody on the 31st so I contacted RCI today, this is the reply that I received.

"At this time the sailing is scheduled to travel as expected. If there is any alteration to the itinerary all guests will be notified and our website will update to the latest to reflect the latest information available."