Havana area in Vista and Horizon

molole

If you book a cabin on deck 5, can you access Havana Bar right from the cabin corridor without going back out and around the elevators? I read in a thread some say you can but others say no. (Can’t find the thread now).

And can you access the Havana pool area from the Havana bar without having to go around the outside deck?

Also are there any differences in set up and/or rules in the Havana area between these two ships?

Sailed in a Havana Cabana room on the Vista and a Havana Cabana Suite on the Horizon, the only difference I can think of is access to a cabana room room from the outside is possible on the Vista and not so on the Horizon (unless the slider is left open).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sailed in a Havana Cabana room on the Vista and a Havana Cabana Suite on the Horizon, the only difference I can think of is access to a cabana room room from the outside is possible on the Vista and not so on the Horizon (unless the slider is left open).

I wonder why they changed it on the Horizon. Seems like it would be so much more convenient to be able to go in and out and not have to go all the way around thru the inside bar area.

Thanks everyone! :halo:

So right now I have Horizon 5229 booked, which is the aft most inside cabin on the starboard side. 5208 is also available, and that is the sideways inside cabin on the port side. I know I am splitting hair here but between these two cabins which one has quicker access to the Havana pool area?

I wonder why they changed it on the Horizon. Seems like it would be so much more convenient to be able to go in and out and not have to go all the way around thru the inside bar area.

They were pretty finicky, my guess is they presented more problems then solutions. To be honest, we just left it unlocked and used it anyway (as did all cabins on the port side on our sailing).

Thanks everyone! :halo:

So right now I have Horizon 5229 booked, which is the aft most inside cabin on the starboard side. 5208 is also available, and that is the sideways inside cabin on the port side. I know I am splitting hair here but between these two cabins which one has quicker access to the Havana pool area?

5229 does, but just as middle more. One caveat as I looked at the deck plans. That cabin is closed to the bar so there may well be ambient noise from when the Cuban music is playing till around midnight if you are a light sleeper. We never heard anything in our sailings but had a hallway as a buffer.

So we have a deck 6 inside Havana. How do we get in the havana pool and bar? Just go down stairs and in? Do we swipe our key card? I read something about a wristband? Will they be in our cabin?

There are wristbands handed out to all Havana cabana cabins. There are staff manning the left side exit (they do not use the right side to the pool (facing aft)) where they will check for the bands. Yes, you can just go down stairs and thru the bar to access the area.