Help needed for surprise!

DebbieActon

I am looking for some advise and I am hoping someone here might be able to help. We are a party of five, sailing in two cabins, on the May 17th Carnival Paradise. What the rest of my group does not know is that our son, who lives 2000 miles away from us, is joining us (to make six) and it will be a great surprise to my husband, daughter and her two friends. Now for the problem...his flight gets in 2 hours after ours, so when we check in at the port the desk agent is going to ask about his whereabouts. So, how can I alert her/him to keep the secret? Thanks for your help!

STALL ....... say your hungry go get something to eat, maybe some slow window shopping and try some things on. and let the surprise be at the PORT

I was going to say the same thing. How are you getting from the airport to the port? Will your family buy that your boarding time got pushed back or the entire ship got delayed?

Thank you but I am trying to have the surprise on board. If our flight is delayed, meeting at the port might work but with 3 teenagers including 2 who have never cruised, stalling for two hours is not going to work. Any other ideas? I thought of passing a note to the agent but I'm not sure that would work.

Thank you but I am trying to have the surprise on board. If our flight is delayed, meeting at the port might work but with 3 teenagers including 2 who have never cruised, stalling for two hours is not going to work. Any other ideas? I thought of passing a note to the agent but I'm not sure that would work.

We have traveled with friends before and our reservations were linked for dinner seating purposes but they never asked where they were when we checked in. Do you all have the same check in time? If so can he change his to a later time?

When you get to the desk, distract them with something cruise related so you have a second to tell the agent to keep it hush hush. With that many of you in your party, I am guessing they will be chatting anyway so maybe it won't be so hard to have a quick word with the agent.

Thank you, my son will have his own boarding pass but he is in our cabin. That's why they will be wondering where he is when the rest of us are all present and accounted for. I think I will risk it and, as nutterbutter818 recommended, have a quick word and hope for the best!

Thank you, my son will have his own boarding pass but he is in our cabin. That's why they will be wondering where he is when the rest of us are all present and accounted for. I think I will risk it and, as nutterbutter818 recommended, have a quick word and hope for the best!

For your situation that sounds like the best idea. Good luck and have an amazing cruise.

Keep in mind - If you get by check in, get to the room first. The sail and sign cards are now at your room so you can grab his and hide it.

Good luck what a fun plan. I'd be first to the agent and say, son is a surprise, checking in soon, please dont say anything. Most of the agents are elderly, a note probably wont be noticed or easily seen to be read. drop a few things as your walking like you don't notice so the family has to pick up while you dash to the agent.

I surprised my husband with his sister sailing with us. I wrote a little note saying... this is a surprise... (insert name) is meeting us later. I slipped to the agent and she handled it perfectly. They are used to that kind of thing.