Grand Suite - Allure of the Seas - Help me pick our room!

Hi All! :-).

We cruised on the Allure two years ago in an ATS and loved it. We are booking for March 2019, and the ATS is out of our budget range at this time.

However, we can still do a GS, but are wondering if anyone can recommend one room over another. We are leaning towards decks 8 or 14 (we have a 5 year old). Anyone have any feedback? Here are our options:

14660, 12260, 11260, 10254, 10654, 9254, 9260, 8660, 8260, 7254, 7660, 6254, 6660, 6260, 6654. thanks!

The Harmony is also available that week - but I've been to all of the ports before and the only GS available on deck 8 is 8250.

thoughts?

thanks!

LA

Hi All! :-).

We cruised on the Allure two years ago in an ATS and loved it. We are booking for March 2019, and the ATS is out of our budget range at this time.

However, we can still do a GS, but are wondering if anyone can recommend one room over another. We are leaning towards decks 8 or 14 (we have a 5 year old). Anyone have any feedback? Here are our options:

14660, 12260, 11260, 10254, 10654, 9254, 9260, 8660, 8260, 7254, 7660, 6254, 6660, 6260, 6654. thanks!

The Harmony is also available that week - but I've been to all of the ports before and the only GS available on deck 8 is 8250.

thoughts?

thanks!

LA

We stayed in 8660 before. Deck 8 is nice as you have Central Park.

Nice cabin. This trip on Harmony we are doing Deck 12 as we just wanted to try higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I still dream about that room. A lot of walking, esp with a toddler, but the fact we could sit out at watch the water shows and enjoy the peace and quiet was amazing!

i am dreaming about it now.

what a treat that was. just so you know. we have stayed in 9660 and 10660 a couple times. those decks are also great. i mentioned i would take 8660 because it is not connecting. that is a big plus for my wife and I. good luck with the choice. whatever it is enjoy.

We had a GS on Oasis on deck 10, cabin 10260. Loved it. I like being a few decks above the lifeboats (IMHO the view is better and if you look down you see less of the lifeboats), so I would not take deck 6 or 7. If I could, I would skip deck 14 since the deck above can be noisy. I know deck 8 is CP and that is convenient, but I would go a little higher.

Folks seem to favor the non-connecting ones, but we never heard anything from our neighbors. So, my choice is deck 9, 10, or 11.

P.S you had stayed in an ATS, we have our first and probably only one in August on Oasis, cabin 8330!!

mac_tlc

We are on oasis in a grand suite on deck 14. I’ve read it can be noisy there but view is great. Anyone stayed on deck 14 in a suite and have any feedback. My husband said he wanted to be as high up on the ship as possible....

We're hoping for a GS on Allure in 2020. With my research, I've narrowed it down to Decks 10 and 11. I didn't want to be on 14 due to the possible overhead noise on 15; didn't want 12 due to proximity to Diamond Club or 8 or 9 due to Dazzles. Didn't want to go lower than that due to Central Park / Promenade noise. I'm leaning the most toward deck 10.

Now, which SIDE is better? Port or Starboard? I am hoping to book this for the 2020 TA when Allure heads overseas for her dry dock.

We're hoping for a GS on Allure in 2020. With my research, I've narrowed it down to Decks 10 and 11. I didn't want to be on 14 due to the possible overhead noise on 15; didn't want 12 due to proximity to Diamond Club or 8 or 9 due to Dazzles. Didn't want to go lower than that due to Central Park / Promenade noise. I'm leaning the most toward deck 10.

Now, which SIDE is better? Port or Starboard? I am hoping to book this for the 2020 TA when Allure heads overseas for her dry dock.

Starboard side if you want more sun.

We were on Allure last August in GS 9660 and loved it. It was quiet and close to the stairs/elevators. We will be on Allure again this August, but 9660 was not available when I booked. So, we got 8660, which is just below 9660. I am sure it will be just as good and just around the corner from Central Park.

I, too, did not want the one on deck 14 since it is just below the pool deck and has the potential for noise issues. I, also, do not want a connecting room because the door that connects to the room next door takes up wall space and may alter the room furniture and/or layout.

Good luck. You will love the Allure and the GS. Enjoy your cruise.

I personally love the top decks and have consistently done decks 12 and 14. I didn’t look at your rooms but when we had a JS on deck 14, we never heard any upper deck noise. The GS we did on 12 was just incredible. Of course, imo, all GS’s are.

We were on Allure last August in GS 9660 and loved it. It was quiet and close to the stairs/elevators. We will be on Allure again this August, but 9660 was not available when I booked. So, we got 8660, which is just below 9660. I am sure it will be just as good and just around the corner from Central Park.

I, too, did not want the one on deck 14 since it is just below the pool deck and has the potential for noise issues. I, also, do not want a connecting room because the door that connects to the room next door takes up wall space and may alter the room furniture and/or layout.

Good luck. You will love the Allure and the GS. Enjoy your cruise.

Sushi girl which August cruise on allure? We will be almost directly across the ship from the cabin you chose in 8254. Sailing aug 5th!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Sushi girl which August cruise on allure? We will be almost directly across the ship from the cabin you chose in 8254. Sailing aug 5th!!!

Yes. We, too, are on the August 5th sailing on the Allure! We loved our GS (9660) last year. Our cabin this year (8660) is exactly the same, just one deck below last year. Glad to "meet" someone else from our sailing.

I personally love the top decks and have consistently done decks 12 and 14. I didn’t look at your rooms but when we had a JS on deck 14, we never heard any upper deck noise. The GS we did on 12 was just incredible. Of course, imo, all GS’s are.

You must not have been under the pool area...we were on deck 12 on Harmony and it was soooo noisy..very early in the morning with the chairs being dragged and towel carts getting rolled around and in the afternoon the music was so loud we heard it through our closed balcony doors. From now on, we stay away from the pool area.

Stayed in GS 14660. Did not hear a thing from above. We have a ten year old son who spends a lot of time in Adventure Ocean, which is on the 14th deck. Most of our frequented places (AO, Windjammer, Sports Deck, Arcade, etc) were within one or two decks, never really took the elevator, except for shows, The Royal Promenade and the limited number of times that we went to the Dining Room. Even then, I usually took the stairs. Deck 14 was very convenient for us.

Deck 8 would be our choice. We like being near Central Park and love it as a pathway from the aft to forward of the ship, for the theatre and Solarium. Very pleasant. We like to stay near the aft elevators. We have stayed as high as Deck 11 on Harmony, but have Deck 8 for Symphony TA this fall. We are on Deck 10 in an aft JS in three weeks, but we booked that a month ago and this one is on the hump.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes. We, too, are on the August 5th sailing on the Allure! We loved our GS (9660) last year. Our cabin this year (8660) is exactly the same, just one deck below last year. Glad to "meet" someone else from our sailing.

Well we will be a across the ship from you in GS 8254. Come by after sail away for a cocktail. Also join the roll call!