7-28-16 Thursday Weigh-In..Where did July Go?

Belle

July is almost gone..so fast

August I hope it lasts

Why do summer months go by so soon

Pretty soon we will have a harvest moon

Does our weight loss come off that fast

Seems like our pounds want to last

Really like us all to be losing soon

Then we all will be smiling under the harvest moon

So let August be our month to lose fast

And it stays off and lasts

Six weeks ago I left for a break to try to

get my life to a better place day by day.

DIDN'T HAPPEN!

My mother passed away, she's at peace now.

Hard after losing my husband. Only family now

is my two kids.

I went on a last minute cruise. (ran away from everything)

Now been sick for last two weeks. Still not well. This "bug"

kicked my butt!

So now by taking cruise and being sick haven't started (barely) all

the paper stuff dealing with mother. Some is going to be hard

to deal with. Lots of time and trouble.

Lost weight being sick but as soon as I started eating, even

just a little..gains!

Aren't you glad I'm back. I sound like a big downer!

I will pick myself up, get thru the paperwork and try to lose

weight.

But please let me whine a little bit as needed. That's what friends

are for! Right? I will get back to my "wonderful self" soon!

Seems like you all have been doing pretty good this summer.

Some been gone off and on. See we have new people joining us. Great!

Hope we all have a good August in fun and in weight loss.

Belle,

I'm very sorry you've had to deal with your mother's death. I went through that several years ago and it was very difficult.

It was a good idea to go on a cruise - too bad you got sick. Maybe the stress was catching up to you.

I'm very glad you're back - this thread hasn't been the same without you.

Yesterday I came back from my second vacation in two weeks. We visited our daughter, who doesn't cook, so we ate all our meals out. Eating out is not a great tactic for losing weight so, even though I tried to control myself, I knew I would gain something - and I did. Fortunately it was only 1/2 a pound to 194. Now I'm home until my cruise in January so it's time to get serious again. My goal is still 180, which I hope I can reach by cruise-time.

Belle, I am so very sorry to hear about your mother. Don't worry, you can "whine" to us all you want. As you said, that is what we are here for. I hope that you are feeling better soon.

I had a wonderful time on my cruise and so, of course, I will have to report a gain. No surprise, after 9 days of eating on a cruise ship, I am up 4.4 lbs. That's okay though. It was all worth it. Now, back to the sensible eating and hopefully I can reach my goal weight (down another 11.6 lbs) before my son's wedding in February.

Rose

Belle, so sorry for your loss. You sound like a very strong person. All things considered, you sound like you're doing as well as could be expected. I hope you start feeling better soon!

Cruiserman, half a pound sounds good with eating out so much! Good luck in continuing to lose before your cruise. I'm jealous of your cruise in January. I LOVE San Juan. I've done 9 or 10 cruises from there. Great itineraries.

Rose, sorry for your gain, but I totally understand! I agree that it's all worth it. I never worry about what I eat on vacation. I'm on vacation! Life is just too short. Just jump back in when you get home.

I posted a .6 pound loss. Still slow going, but I'm in single digits of what I would like to lose so I suppose something is better than nothing. I'm also coming around to the mindset that since at my age I MUST increase my muscle mass, my weight may just not reach a level as low as I am hoping for. I have to come to terms with that and not worry so much about a number, but how I feel and how my clothes fit. It's hard though, but I'm trying!

Hope everyone has a successful week!

Michelle

Sorry for the loss of your Mother Belle it is hard. Right now we are going though a rough time with my mom. She seems to be in the early stages of Alzheimer's but not diagnosed yet.

I'm holding steady at 134 but still have to get on my bike today. And tomorrow we leave for vacation. Going to check on my mom and visit with her and also going to visit my son.

Hello,

Belle, so glad you're back! So sorry to hear of your loss. I know that is so difficult.

I'm glad you took a cruise though, to get away from the stress. Sorry you got sick.

I stayed the same. Will take it.

Cruiserman and Rose, sorry you gained. Oh well, it's vacation.

Beachlover, glad you lost, slow but sure.

Cara, have a great vacation!

Diana

Hi Belle, I'm so glad you still came back to us and shared - even after such a run of unfortunate circumstances. My deepest sympathies for your loss, if I remember past threads correctly, you have some great kids that hopefully will ease the burden in the coming days and months.

Cruiserman - thanks for keeping the flame lit all these weeks, great job and your writings are always appreciated. I've been lurking, but not checking in due to a self inflicted funk I'm struggling to shake off. This morning I weighed in at 191 - 11 lbs over earlier this years' best.

Not having a functional kitchen made a convenient excuse to not only jump off the wagon, but heat the most unhealthy of things over its' burning carcass...

Well now the kitchen is functional, temporarily (the sink/faucet has to come back out Monday and rip the quartz back out because the countertop people screwed it up) we've been getting slowly back onto track.

I so agree with those that are using Fitbit's and food diaries - that was the best thing for me to keep me accountable every single day, but even that those I slacked off on. My cravings at night are horrendous - if crap was in the house, I'd eat it - so after a thorough pantry/fridge cleanout the bad temptations are just not there - but I still stand there staring, like an errant Oreo is going to magically appear...

I'm back to lots of spicy veggie juice, small amounts of cheese, and as much lean meats as I can cook. Even salads just don't jazz me like they used too, and my stomach got stretched back out so I'm waiting for that to shrink back down so I'm not rumbling all the time. Probably the only highlight is still no soda, just unsweetened tea, coffee, and water.

The worst is my bike, my poor, neglected bike. It screams at me in disgust - even though I go out and knock the dust off, pump up the tires, charge up the lights, and get it all ready for an early morning ride - when 4am rolls around I just roll my eyes and not get up. The pool has helped, but not nearly as aerobic as a good ride.

Anyways, I've enjoyed reading about everyone else's successes, challenges, and just life in general. I look forward to building a new wagon to climb on and hopefully ride for a while. I guess we'll see...

For the Welcome Backs and sympathy for my mother.

To me she's at peace now. What's hard is I lost both my

husband and mother in 15 months, both with Alzheimer's.

What a terrible disease.

Yes shootr my "kids" are great but I try not to ask to much of them,

they both work over 50 hours a week. I know I ask my daughter

more because she lives in same town and is more of a helper. My

son helps when asked. Both are good "kids".

Yes will blame it on stress why I took the cruise. Came at the right time.

A REALLY GREAT offer for Europe. I had FF miles, so air was free.

So I took it. What I needed, wanted to go back to Europe for a long time.

Had a great time but it was a HOT cruise. Greece especially.

The flight home was terrible! Think that's where I got sick.

Really kicked my butt! Better now but not 100%.

Cruiserman..Thank You so much for starting the posts each Thursday.

You kept everyone on track for each week.

Great losing only 1/2 lb on vacation. Will be

off in no time.

Rose..Glad you had a good time on your cruise. You'll get your gain

off soon. So close to goal. Thank you for letting me whine, sure I

will after dealing with paperwork, people ect.

Michelle..Yes a loss is a loss. To feel healthy is the main goal. Do

it again next week.

Carabop..Staying the same is good. I am sorry about your mother.

It will be hard. All we can do is love them even if don't know who

we are.

Diana..Staying the same is good, it's not a gain. Your near your goal

too. Aren't you? Are you keeping cool in the hot weather?

shootr..Sorry your having such a hard time but glad your back on

track. I don't think I could ride a bike in your heat either. Is your health better now.

Your kitchen looks wonderful. Do you hire out. Yes you should of loss doing

all that work.

hdowney..Good loss, you lost the most this week. Keep it up.

Cruise42..Know it's so hard to stop eating after a great cruise. Not right

that your eating right now and not losing. Bet it will start coming off soon.

Don't give up.

Thanks again for all the kind words ..you all are such special people.

Wishing everyone a good week.

Hi all. Firstly Belle, so sorry for your loss. I have many patients with dementia diagnoses & many who are their carers & appreciate what a hard road it is for patients & those who love & care for them.

2lb off this week. More through exercise than diet I suspect. 36,000 steps last Saturday offset by Pimms in the garden on Sunday afternoon..

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

HI all!

Belle ~ nice to see you back here:D. My condolences on the loss of your Mother. One thing's for sure, the paper work can wait, look after yourself.

Congrats to the losers! Unfortunately I gained back a pound & really don't know where I picked up those extra 3500 calories that did it.:o

Have a nice weekend.

~ Jo ~ :)

Belle - I haven't been on forever as life got in the way. I am so sorry for the loss of your mom ... but as you say she is now in a better place. My mom spent 20 years with Alzheimer's .. it isn't fun. My MIL is still hanging in - DH is still spending a lot of time with her ... she will sleep for a few days, and then wake up again .... Its interesting ... I wish you all the best. Hugs to you - Jan

Hello,

Belle, me, near goal? Hardly. I try to stay on the upper end of "normal". Need to lose about 3 more lbs. to be pre-vacation weight in April. The heat here in No. California has been relentless. Very little fog this year. Just hot.

Jan, so nice to have you pop in. Have missed seeing you post each week.

Diana