Size of portholes on Nautica

MOTB

Thinking of booking an outside cabin. We can have a window, possibly obstructed with no sofa, or a cabin with a sofa but a porthole - they look pretty small. How big are they please?

Thinking of booking an outside cabin. We can have a window, possibly obstructed with no sofa, or a cabin with a sofa but a porthole - they look pretty small. How big are they please?

Around 12”x12”

Around 12”x12”

I believe that because the portholes may be required to provide egress for a fully grown adult in the event of an emergency their minimum size on a Passenger Ship is 400mm or 15.748 inches across.

generic.jpg

If that does not give you pause at the buffet line, nothing ever will ;p

I believe that because the portholes may be required to provide egress for a fully grown adult in the event of an emergency their minimum size on a Passenger Ship is 400mm or 15.748 inches across.

If that were the case I would hope to make it down the hall to the crew exit

even a small child could not get out that porthole :eek:

generic.jpg

Jim&Stan

LOL. I hope you did not have to go to the dentist after writing your reply. Your tongue did detach itself from your cheek?

K

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

generic.jpg

Better measure your waist size before you book a stateroom with a porthole. Betcha 90% of the PAX who chow down at the buffet would get stuck in the porthole. Ever notice that those kind of people load up , overflowing their plates as if they were having their last meal? ;p;p

da593dab171cc13219a9f69102bb8bda.jpg

Remember when Lucy was supposedly stuck in the porthole in one of her "SS Constitution" Episodes?

7531898604f7921bdce27c8ad9dbd137--lucy-lucy-i-love-lucy.jpgand she was not exactly hippy

lucy7.jpg

:) We so need a "like" button for posts like this!

Edited by tvmovielover
Add punctuation