Six Hours in Amsterdam Countryside

We are taking a private tour where we provide input on what to see. We will be picked up from port at approx. 8AM and will be dropped off for a canal tour at 230PM. I would love any input/help with planning what might be feasible?

A good guide will check with you what you are interested in. Amsterdam itself offers a lot like various museums, canal boattour, but for that you hardly need a private tour due to parking problems.

Maybe visit cities like Haarlem (the church on Grote Markt (where even Mozart played the organ) , Delft - the center and the Delft Blue pottery - The Hague - parliament buildings, and the seaside village of Scheveningen?

Or do you prefer more nature like "De Veluwe" in combination with Palace Het loo, or a visit a castle like Muiderslot, windmills and cheese at Zaanse Schans?

Discuss it with your group and guide.

If you are an art buff, you will absolutely love the Mauritshuis Museum in The Hague. This is a small museum, with no crowds, that houses some of the best art in the Netherlands. Example, Vermeer's "Girl with Pearl Earring", Rembrandt's "Anatomy lesson" and a number of other famous paintings.

We are taking a private tour where we provide input on what to see. We will be picked up from port at approx. 8AM and will be dropped off for a canal tour at 230PM. I would love any input/help with planning what might be feasible?

May I ask who you are touring with? We are taking a Baltic Cruise in September on the Pacific Princess and are looking for tours.

Thank you

Carolyn

We are using Viator and travelling on Serenade OTS. We do not need a city tour of Amsterdam,I have done that before,we will see what we can from the canal tour. Our guide will be sending us some suggestions closer to the date, just doing some preliminary research. Thanks to all.

if you are looking to go out of Amsterdam you could see if Marius is available

http://www.dagtoertaxi.nl/services.html

We also used (and loved) Marius and have recommended him to friends...they loved him too! We had a fantastic day touring some of the small fishing villages (Volendam, Monnickendam, Edam) around Amsterdam. We had a great lunch in Edam, and spent some time touring the windmills. Here’s a link to my pictures:

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...
We also used (and loved) Marius and have recommended him to friends...they loved him too! We had a fantastic day touring some of the small fishing villages (Volendam, Monnickendam, Edam) around Amsterdam. We had a great lunch in Edam, and spent some time touring the windmills. Here’s a link to my pictures:

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I know many cruisers and others loved to tour with Marius. However unfortunately he will stop his business at the end of this year.