Boarding times at Port Canaveral

fla gang

We went on the Magic 11/18/17 and our check in time was 11:00-11:30 but they let us in early and we never waited for any of the check in processes. We were on the ship before 11:00. This is not the norm but it did happen. I assume the ship was cleared early and instead of having people stand around they just let us in. There was absolutely no waiting at all. We did not have faster to the fun.

How is boarding time assigned? And when would we find it out?

When you go into manage my cruise there is a tab for check in time, you select one out of the available ones left. If the cruise is still pretty far out they might not have the check in times listed yet.

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

horsegal explained how to get "Check In Time" in detail so I won't elaborate on that. If you choose an earlier check in time, you will be given a low number zone card. You will wait in a holding area until the ship is cleared from the previous cruise. Once they start calling for boarding, they will call for priority boarding first, then by zone numbers. Once you choose that check in time, you can go anytime after that time but not before.

Your cabin will not be ready until usually 1:30 so you will have to carry your carry-ons with you until that time. If you want to be able to go directly to your cabin once you board, choose a later time to check in or purchase Faster to the Fun (FTTF).

I've heard it relayed both ways, so apparently sometimes you're made to wait outside if you arrive before your assigned time sometimes not. When we were there a couple of weeks ago, there were a bunch of people who apparently were told to wait across the street by the parking garage. I don't know their full story.

On Magic in November they made us wait outside until 11am, no place to sit. I was in line 40 minutes at least. The lady told me it was b/c all the people who aren't supposed to board until later are in that line which doesn't make sense since they didn't check anyone's time.