Problems Printing Personalized shore excursions.

Alphen

Problems Printing Personalized shore excursions.

I do not know if I am the only one with this problem, but since almost a year, I am unable to print my own personalized shore excursion brochure for my cruise! I do not mean for any general cruise without being logged in, because this works fine, but when:

• Logged in to my personal account

• Going to “my account”

• If you go to your specific itinerary, where you also can book your shore excursions, you can go to a menu where all of the shore excursions for your cruise are listed. You can view them and also book them. In this section, there is also the possibility to “download your eBrochure”. When attempting this, the only thing I see, is “(“message”:HTTP 403 Forbidden”)”. Am I the only one with this problem?????

In preparation for my cruise, I regularly print out the shore excursions of my cruise as a PDF file, so I can view what has changed and if excursions were added or not.

To add some extra information:

• Problem has been there since late 2014, on more than one booked cruise, but does not occur when not logged in?!?

• Problem has been brought to the attention of HAL when I first encountered it, but is still there! I have filed a complaint again, but so far, nothing has changed!

• Problem happens when using Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 and when using any browser; GoogleChrome, Internet Explorer or FireFox!

Reason for posting this, I am wondering if I am the only one with this problem than I wonder why?

If more people have this problem, I would like to find out when HAL will fix this and maybe more pressure will be added if more people complain!

Edited by Alphen

Have also had the problem - and had it for a few years with different systems but this year I could print so figured it was fixed but obviously not. If you contact HAL, they will email you the brochure in a pdf format. Also, make sure you check under your reservation for shore excursions as sometimes there are new ones that pop up that are not in the brochure probably due to timing of booking vendors.

Have also had the problem - and had it for a few years with different systems but this year I could print so figured it was fixed but obviously not. If you contact HAL, they will email you the brochure in a pdf format. Also, make sure you check under your reservation for shore excursions as sometimes there are new ones that pop up that are not in the brochure probably due to timing of booking vendors.

I have had HAL email me the brochure for our late January cruise, but I like to keep things into my own hand. Printing out the brochure gives you the opportunity to keep track of everything, since one of the first pages, booked shore excursions are listed! I also favor the printed listing of all the excursions, so you can read along the whole thing and discuss planning and make notes and highlight options in the planning process!

Edited by Alphen

I am surprised that HAL has not responded to the OP; on previous occasions where I contacted regarding technical web issues I got immediate responses and follow-up.

You may want to try this: go to "Contact Us" towards the bottom of the HAL web page, it is under "GET IN TOUCH", then select "Email Us" in the blue menu on the left side of that page. Then from the "Topic" drop-down list, select "Website Technical Problems". Describe the issue you have there and hopefully you will have more success there.

I am surprised that HAL has not responded to the OP; on previous occasions where I contacted regarding technical web issues I got immediate responses and follow-up.

You may want to try this: go to "Contact Us" towards the bottom of the HAL web page, it is under "GET IN TOUCH", then select "Email Us" in the blue menu on the left side of that page. Then from the "Topic" drop-down list, select "Website Technical Problems". Describe the issue you have there and hopefully you will have more success there.

This mirrors my experience with HAL follow up on the few issues I have had with the HAL web site. I would definitely follow the "GET IN TOUCH" suggestion above.

I've only had trouble downloading pdf's when using IE ... but I've never tried it with the W10 Edge browser.

Maybe it has something to do with your internet service or server. If you have a laptop try doing it at your public library?

I have followed this contact procedure, which I am familiar with.

Last year when I contacted them, they responded by sending me our personal brochure as a PDF file by mail, solving the short term problem, but they did not solve the technical issue that exists since they change the layout of the section where you log on and access your booking!

I have contacted them again, regarding the same, still existing problem, but they have not yet responded.

I've only had trouble downloading pdf's when using IE ... but I've never tried it with the W10 Edge browser.

Maybe it has something to do with your internet service or server. If you have a laptop try doing it at your public library?

It is occuring in all windows verstions (7, 8 and 10) on several computers, desktop and laptop on several locations (different IP numbers and many different providers) and also with several browsers, Chrome, Exlplorer, Edge and Firefox!

This also all included with the information that I have provided to HAL, when addressing them regarding this problem via mail!

Edited by Alphen

It is occuring in all windows verstions (7, 8 and 10) on several computers, desktop and laptop on several locations (different IP numbers and many different providers) and also with several browsers, Chrome, Exlplorer, Edge and Firefox!
Wow, that is strange. Out of curiosity I just tried using W10 Edge to get my "personalized ebrochure" and it worked fine. Sorry I have no other ideas to try.

Wow, that is strange. Out of curiosity I just tried using W10 Edge to get my "personalized ebrochure" and it worked fine. Sorry I have no other ideas to try.

Thank you for the very useful feedback. Just to make sure, I am assuming you did this when logged into your account and printed out a personal brochure in your booked cruise through your booking account area in your account?

Maybe it is a problem in the Dutch version of the website?

Just to make sure, I am assuming you did this when logged into your account and printed out a personal brochure in your booked cruise through your booking account area in your account?
Yes. Well, I didn't actually print it, but I saved the pdf, and could print it.

Maybe it is a problem in the Dutch version of the website?
Could be ...

Yes. Well, I didn't actually print it, but I saved the pdf, and could print it.

Could be ...

Thanks again for the feedback, waiting for a reply from HAL and will certainly use the information provided in this thread.

Thanks again for the feedback, waiting for a reply from HAL and will certainly use the information provided in this thread.
I tried printing the first page directly from the Edge browser (not from a saved pdf) and it worked.

I followed your directions and was successful downloading our 2016 Alaska pdf. Sent it to my AAA TA and asked if he would be so kind as to print, double sided, as I much prefer paper copies of anything. I was using Mozilla Firefox as my browser. Hope you get a resolution soon :)

I see this but there is one page with our booked excursions listed and then a whole brochure with descriptions of ALL the excursions available on the cruise. If it's personalized, I would like a print-out of just the ones I signed up for. Printing this would waste a lot of paper.

I see this but there is one page with our booked excursions listed and then a whole brochure with descriptions of ALL the excursions available on the cruise. If it's personalized, I would like a print-out of just the ones I signed up for. Printing this would waste a lot of paper.
Save the pdf to your computer and print off-line just the pages you want. For HAL to generate a customized file for each passenger would be an immense task.

I, too, have had the same problem for many years. Have contacted HAL numerous times. While people have been pleasant and courteous, none have helped solve the problem. One even suggested it was a Windows problem. So...not only can we not print the offered shore excursions...we ask ourselves WHY we have to PRINT out our own anyway. I really resent businesses of all sorts "outsourching" what used to be their job (ie. providing shore excursion brochures) to the Customers themselves. Once a task is outsourced (we use our paper, our ink, our internet allowance, out electricity, etc.), the cost savings to the company is not even remotely passed on to the Customers. If HAL outsources something...it should be FULLY supported!!!!

You can also print from the book excursions part of the website or cut and paste into a word-type document and print if you do not want to print form a saved pdf.

I, too, have had the same problem for many years. Have contacted HAL numerous times. While people have been pleasant and courteous, none have helped solve the problem. One even suggested it was a Windows problem. So...not only can we not print the offered shore excursions...we ask ourselves WHY we have to PRINT out our own anyway. I really resent businesses of all sorts "outsourching" what used to be their job (ie. providing shore excursion brochures) to the Customers themselves. Once a task is outsourced (we use our paper, our ink, our internet allowance, out electricity, etc.), the cost savings to the company is not even remotely passed on to the Customers. If HAL outsources something...it should be FULLY supported!!!!

Sorry to hear you have this situation for a longer time, the function in my account was fine, until the restyling of the account section late last year.

The 403 error is coming from the server. There's nothing on your end that causes it.

When you contact support send them the URL that gave the error. Also send the URL of the previous page, because it contains the URL with the error. You can also tell them what you clicked on to get the error. That should be enough to tell them what's wrong.

Edited by POA1

The 403 error is coming from the server. There's nothing on your end that causes it.

When you contact support send them the URL that gave the error. Also send the URL of the previous page, because it contains the URL with the error. You can also tell them what you clicked on to get the error. That should be enough to tell them what's wrong.

Thanks for the tip, I did the first thing, but not the second.

• 2 weeks later...

Update on the problem;

After waiting two weeks for a reply from Holland America, decided to again sent a mail to the website technical problem section, listed on the website. This time I entered the problem in English, the first time I sent them the problem, I did so in Dutch (you can do both on the website in Holland!). I got a reply just a couple of hours later, but the only thing they did so far, was sending me my personal brochure. They have relayed the question to their technical people, so maybe something will happen.

I have also added information that the problem (in my case) started after the remodeling of their website late last year. The appearance of the “my account” section changed and since then, I started to encounter the problem, not being able to print the personal shore excursions brochure of my booked cruise. The problem also occurs on my IPad, on the latest edition of IOS and Safari!