Allure 14th Floor - Noise?

Well, I was on the 7th floor on the Allure but I was on the 14th floor on the Oasis......so I guess I can tell you...I personally did not have ANY noise issue on the Oasis 14th floor and it was really nice since I had extra big balcony....I believe it was the D1 category. Enjoy your cruise....

We had 14636 on the Oasis right under the H2O zone. It was noisy with the thumping of feet running especially during the afternoons of sea days. It definitely kept me from catching a nap which I decided I did not need. When we went again we were on 11 and it was better. It really wasn't bad on 14, the view was great! Have a great cruise!

We had 14636 on the Oasis right under the H2O zone. It was noisy with the thumping of feet running especially during the afternoons of sea days. It definitely kept me from catching a nap which I decided I did not need. When we went again we were on 11 and it was better. It really wasn't bad on 14, the view was great! Have a great cruise!

We've had a JS on the Deck 14 and you will have noise from the pool deck. It's likely that you will hear "pounding" during the day from people running around but my issues were at night. It's also likely that around 3 - 4 am :eek: in the morning you will wake to the sounds of the crew dragging and stacking deck chairs as they clean. If you are a light sleeper, I would change cabins. From my viewpoint, never again. Ther are so many other good options why take the risk.

Just got back from Allure...cabins 14649 & 14651. No noise problems to report!

Thanks, that's exactly the point. Sometime you do and sometimes you don't. Depends a lot on your luck and the midnight cleaning crew. Why take the risk? Never again.

I will be going on my 3rd cruise on Oasis in the same cabin - 14328 - no noise problems whatsoever, i'm the lightest sleeper in the world so if there were any noises id hear them - plus the advance of that cabin is the huge balcony next door that no one hardly knows about!! (maybe not anymoare :rolleyes:)

I was in 14680 a few weeks ago no noise issue at all. Actually really quiet. My brother was in 14668 and same story. There is an over hang for the deck above on your balcony, and it may keep you from getting sun, but it also keeps the rain out. It rained a lot on my cruise so the extra over hang was nice to have. Plus it made it feel a little more private than the lower balconies.

Don't give up that owners suite. If you have not made final payment there may be some on 11 that open up. Those suites are the greatest and the concierge lounge is on deck 11. Call your TA or PVP at RCI and explain the problem. Just wear ear plugs or get a white noise machine. You will love the suite life on Oasis/Allure!!! Don't forget to check out the suites only sun deck above the solarium. Have a great cruise!

I was on deck 12 in the Royal Suite and I still was able to hear them from the inside master bedroom with the sliders closed setting up the chairs on the pool deck some mornings...that large overhang right in that area really radiates sound from the pool deck. I wouldn't have wanted to know what it was like in the OS above. I learned my lesson about staying right below the pool deck of any ship a while back ago on my first Royal sailing in an OS on Indy ...it was located directly under the pool deck and i never had a good nights sleep that entire week.

Edited by bajathree

• 1 year later...

QUOTE=SB9;33939815]I was in 14680 a few weeks ago no noise issue at all. Actually really quiet. My brother was in 14668 and same story. There is an over hang for the deck above on your balcony, and it may keep you from getting sun, but it also keeps the rain out. It rained a lot on my cruise so the extra over hang was nice to have. Plus it made it feel a little more private than the lower balconies.

I have this same cabin for this coming April. Thank you for the info on the noise. No noise is good noise! However my concerns relate to the large steel girders - do they obstruct your view (from side to side, naturally, not towards the open ocean)? And how about natural light into the cabin. Does the cabin feel darker because of the overhang? Thanks for this info. I am really thinking of changing cabins, but that will result in a different priced category since my cat is just about sold out, all cabins left are on 14 or the last cabin on 12. Thanks for your info.

• 4 years later...

We have been assigned cabin #14698 for our upcoming October cruise and I am wondering about the noise from the sports court above. I am having last minute concerns that I will hear the constant sound of bouncing basketballs while on the balcony. I'd appreciate hearing any experiences with this location.

We were in OS 14644 next door. No problems until last night on board, everyone must have stayed up later than usual and we had noise from above at night. Book it only if you get a great deal, we paid $6757 total July 2018 sailing.

Omg! What caused that ! Frightens me just looking at that. Worry enough about kids being on the balcony when we cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A very very loud clap of thunder off in the distance actually. Vibrations and tight glass I guess. Crew was fabulous and took care of us. Just a weird fluke of a thing. Officers had never seen it happen before. RCCL was great.

We were sitting on the balcony when it happened having a glass of wine. Never knew I could move that fast.