Shorts on Sea Days??

macfam5

In all my Alaska cruises (over 60), nope, never on sea days, since I spend a good deal of my time outside scenery/wildlife viewing. :) It can be darn cold. I don't wear them anyways, due to my preference of being out doors and the bugs. in port/land :)

FWIW, currently on Radiance in Alaska. I find the ship warm at times in certain spots & could easily wear the one pair of shorts I brought (though I haven’t, just jeans & a t-shirt if I’m warm). I see plenty of others in shorts though so I’d say it’s personal preference, temp on the ship, etc. If you like to wear shorts to be comfy when it’s nice but not necessarily hot out, bring a pair if you have room.

Someone up thread said "no" but then acknowledged that they seldom do wear shorts.

I, on the other hand, wear shorts frequently and hence wore them a lot on the cruise, and, I spent a decent amount of my time outside on sea days.

Everyone's different - if you are from Florida and put your long-johns on when the temp goes below 50, then maybe shorts won't work for you. If you are like me and put shorts on when the temps get above 50, then shorts probably will work for you :)

And, of course, it could be 50 and cloudy/damp or 70s and bright sun on your cruise which will make all the difference in your decision.