View Grand Dining Room Menus on TV

Rebels82

Can’t remember if they are available on TV, however the next days menu is delivered to your stateroom during turndown service.

Joe

Is this something new? We never received a menu in out stateroom last year but we were in a B4 cabin.

Can’t remember if they are available on TV, however the next days menu is delivered to your stateroom during turndown service.

Joe

We never had that last June on our Insignia cruise. It was only available on a TV channel.

Apparently they have stopped putting them in the Currents on the R ships according to someone on another thread

We had them 2 yrs ago on Regatta but things have changed

On the O ships check channel 40 on the TV

On the Nautica, in February, the dinner menu for the GDR appeared on one of the tv channels around noon.

They were posted outside of the restaurant around 14:00.

Well, that kind of sucks. We have always gotten the GDR menu the night before tucked in with the next day currents. We use that info for next day dining decisions. For example, big lunch and a light dinner in the terrace or go for an extra specialty reservation if we are not in love with the GDR menu.

We will be on Insignia in September. I'll fuss at them then - probably to no effect :(

Well, that kind of sucks. We have always gotten the GDR menu the night before tucked in with the next day currents. We use that info for next day dining decisions. For example, big lunch and a light dinner in the terrace or go for an extra specialty reservation if we are not in love with the GDR menu.

We will be on Insignia in September. I'll fuss at them then - probably to no effect :(

just ask the Maitre'd after dinner or in the morning if they have a copy of the dinner menu

people that have special diet requests get the menu 2 days ahead so it should not be a problem to see one for the next night

I don't know if they will do this for balcony and Concierge cabins but if you are in a PH or above, just ask your butler to deliver the next days dinner menu the night before. I have done on most of my O cruises.

We will be on the Insignia next week. Can the Grand Dining Room menu be viewed, each day, on TV in the cabin? Thanks.

Yes. I checked the TV channel most days on Insignia in July cruise. Convenient so you don't have to go down to the dining room to view. If you have a concierge cabin or above you can order meals from the dining room to your cabin - we did this for lunch several times which was great. Wonderful shrimp cocktails with avocado that we enjoyed on several different days, and the various club sandwiches were excellent that we split. A few times we went to the dining room for breakfast and the banana pancakes were awesome - had one last time the morning we disembarked the ship.