Ft. Lauderdale hotel suggestion

IRISHCHARM13

Cruising on January 9th on the Carnival Conquest 8 day Eastern Carribean out of Ft.Lauderdale..

Looking to fly in the night before on the 8th and staying over.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a good hotel to stay that includes breakfast as well as shuttle to the port for 4 adults.

Thanks!!!!

Once again, there are many different views on this subject. My personal preference is the Marriott Renaissance on 17th St. Restaurants within walking distance, a Walgreen's right across the street are big selling points. The 17 St. area is very popular in general. Cab fare to the cruise pier(s) is very inexpensive.

Check over on the Florida Departures board. There's gobs of info on this very subject. If you don't make the shuttle a requirement, there are all sorts of options. I prefer the 17th St. area. A short, inexpensive cab ride to and from the airport and cruise port. If the 4 adults have a lot of luggage, you may not all fit into one cab.

Roz

Cruising on January 9th on the Carnival Conquest 8 day Eastern Carribean out of Ft.Lauderdale..

Looking to fly in the night before on the 8th and staying over.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a good hotel to stay that includes breakfast as well as shuttle to the port for 4 adults.

Thanks!!!!

You should post this on the Florida Departures Board but before you do, you might want to look at the most recent posts there. This question comes up daily. If you do post it make sure you provide your budget. Also you may not want to limit yourself to hotels with a shuttle to the port - if you stay in the 17th Street area a taxi for 4 will definitely be cheaper ($10 - $15) than a shuttle that charges per person.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

For more info on Fort Lauderdale hotels, transportation, restaurants, attractions, etc. check out http://www.sunny.org.

We have stayed many years at the Embassy Suites both pre and post cruise.

They have a very good free breakfast -- eggs any way you want them, pancakes, French toast, fruits, cereals, pastries, etc.

They no longer have free shuttles, but you can arrange for a shuttle through the concierge -- sorry I don't know the price per person as we always take a taxi to the pier.

Do post on the Florida Board.

But as someone who frequents that board I would highly recommend the Embassy Suites as many people do. It includes a nice breakfast and you are in proximity of stores and restaurants.

I would not get an inclusive shuttle.

It is a short taxi ride to the port.

Keith

I use the Embassy Suites paid shuttle. For one person it's a little less than a taxi. If there are 2 or more people, taxi is cheaper. The last time I stayed there, some guests had to use the ES's shuttle because cabs were in such short supply.

Roz

Once again, there are many different views on this subject. My personal preference is the Marriott Renaissance on 17th St. Restaurants within walking distance, a Walgreen's right across the street are big selling points. The 17 St. area is very popular in general. Cab fare to the cruise pier(s) is very inexpensive.

Thank you. Will research it.

Check over on the Florida Departures board. There's gobs of info on this very subject. If you don't make the shuttle a requirement, there are all sorts of options. I prefer the 17th St. area. A short, inexpensive cab ride to and from the airport and cruise port. If the 4 adults have a lot of luggage, you may not all fit into one cab.

Roz

Thank you Roz

DH and I liked the Hyatt Place in Ft. Lauderdale. Good value, breakfast, cocktail area, close to many restaurants and shops for last minute items.:)

Do post on the Florida Board.

But as someone who frequents that board I would highly recommend the Embassy Suites as many people do. It includes a nice breakfast and you are in proximity of stores and restaurants.

I would not get an inclusive shuttle.

It is a short taxi ride to the port.

Keith[/quote. thank you Keith

We have stayed many years at the Embassy Suites both pre and post cruise.

They have a very good free breakfast -- eggs any way you want them, pancakes, French toast, fruits, cereals, pastries, etc.

They no longer have free shuttles, but you can arrange for a shuttle through the concierge -- sorry I don't know the price per person as we always take a taxi to the pier.

thank you

thank you😀