oil has hit pensacola beach

jj1975

Its been on CNN since early this morning if you want more details. People still on the beaches, but they are telling people to not touch the tar ballls, let the experts handle them. Turn on the news if you are at home.

For what its worth, they said its a whole lot easier to clean from the beaches than from the marshlands of LA. Its next to impossible to get out of the marshlands, at least on the beach clean up is possible without the loss of animal life so much. They didnt try and stop it from coming on the beaches (they could have put booms out, but didnt), just because its easier to clean up there.

Not that this isnt bad ...

and they just said it has made its way to navarre beach

i live down in the tampa bay area, i have been watching closely. my heart goes out to all the areas that have been hit already.

Its been on CNN since early this morning if you want more details. People still on the beaches, but they are telling people to not touch the tar ballls, let the experts handle them. Turn on the news if you are at home.

i just watched the local news and they said it started about 7 am and there is a realy strong oil smell

i just watched the local news and they said it started about 7 am and there is a realy strong oil smell

CNN has been covering it constantly since early this morning. I guess they were able to predict the currents pretty well, since they predicted Friday. I kept hoping the winds would change and blow it away from land in time.

Iv stepped in tar balls (lived on the beach in Boca Raton for about 8 years, then moved to ocean access). It gets on the bottom of your shoes and you track it to wherever you go next...but the smell or tar never stopped us from going to the beach. .. but we lived there. Im sorry tourists are cancelling in droves.

i for one would want to see the beaches before this really has a chance to impact them. living in the tampa bay area, we don't know what to expect yet, so i have been at the beach every weekend.

It would only take the wind blowing toward the west and you can add Texas to the list.

CNN says it could affect up to South Carolina now the other direction.

the whole gulf coast and eastern coast could see effects of this. lets hope for the best.

Sad for Louisiana, Florida and ???

Amazing that in age of texting, email, etc., BP and the government are unable/unwilling to deal with this.

I don't think it is for lack of trying...I guess you have a solution that they haven't thought of?

I understand that this is BPs oil but it was not their rig and now BP is scrambling to fix this mess and not once ounce of help from the company with the equipment that failed...Yes, BP should have had some safety checks in place but so should the company that was getting paid from BP for their equipment...

I don't want to place the blame on anyone, I want this fixed also but I don't think some people realize the magnitude of what it takes to fix it or it would have been done by now...It's not like they can dive down there with some cotton balls an soak it up...

Just heartbreaking. Prayers out that BP finds a solution and quickly.

Carole

They have solutions. Problem is finding one that will work at that depth. I do think they sat around with their thumbs up their 4 point of contact for too long though.

I really hope they can get this mess cleaned up....

Sad for Louisiana, Florida and ???

Amazing that in age of texting, email, etc., BP and the government are unable/unwilling to deal with this.

You've GOT to be kidding! Unable/unwilling to deal with it? Then what's all this stuff/personnel for?

Thursday, June 4 Statistics

RESPONSE VESSELS

Total active response vessels: more than 1900

BOOM DATA

Containment boom deployed: more than 2.04 million feet

Containment boom available: more than 747,000 feet

Sorbent boom deployed: more than 2.30 million feet

Sorbent boom available: nearly 2.10 million feet

Total boom deployed: more than 4.34 million feet (regular plus sorbent boom)

Total boom available: more than 2.91 million feet (regular plus sorbent boom)

OILY WATER RECOVERED

Oily water recovered: nearly 14.97 million gallons

DISPERSANTS

Surface dispersant used: more than 765,000 gallons

Subsea dispersant used: more than 256,000 gallons

Total dispersant used: more than 1,021,000 gallons

Dispersant available: more than 450,000 gallons

PERSONNEL INVOLVED

Overall personnel responding: more than 20,000 personnel responding

I believe that is the next option they plan to try.;)

So anyone for q tip stock??? Sorry it's really not funny at all.

But you know watching people scramble for hair and nylons, such simple things, while L2J is right, the BP people sat around with thier thumbs engaged............ yeah. Sad.

Maybe it's what we need as Americans to get off our gas guzzling cars and try to look at greener solutions. I hear there is a Hybrid SUV :D

So anyone for q tip stock??? Sorry it's really not funny at all.

But you know watching people scramble for hair and nylons, such simple things, while L2J is right, the BP people sat around with thier thumbs engaged............ yeah. Sad.

Maybe it's what we need as Americans to get off our gas guzzling cars and try to look at greener solutions. I hear there is a Hybrid SUV :D

LMAO...I was going to ask if anyone had purchased BP stock with in the past week or so but figured that would be a tad Un-PC ;) I was however able to snatch up quite a few shares.:eek: *running and ducking for cover*...

You've GOT to be kidding! Unable/unwilling to deal with it? Then what's all this stuff/personnel for?

Thursday, June 4 Statistics

RESPONSE VESSELS

Total active response vessels: more than 1900

BOOM DATA

Containment boom deployed: more than 2.04 million feet

Containment boom available: more than 747,000 feet

Sorbent boom deployed: more than 2.30 million feet

Sorbent boom available: nearly 2.10 million feet

Total boom deployed: more than 4.34 million feet (regular plus sorbent boom)

Total boom available: more than 2.91 million feet (regular plus sorbent boom)

OILY WATER RECOVERED

Oily water recovered: nearly 14.97 million gallons

DISPERSANTS

Surface dispersant used: more than 765,000 gallons

Subsea dispersant used: more than 256,000 gallons

Total dispersant used: more than 1,021,000 gallons

Dispersant available: more than 450,000 gallons

PERSONNEL INVOLVED

Overall personnel responding: more than 20,000 personnel responding

You've got to be kidding...

Simply throwing numbers out doesn't mean a thing since it is more than obvious that nothing has worked.

And yes, there are real solutions that would mitigate the disaster. Ask Louisiana's governor who weeks ago asked the feds to put in place known procedures that would limit the damage.

Their response - silence!

It's a matter of the overbloated and inefficient federal bureaucracy being able to effectively mobilize and make decisions in a crisis.

Investing in BP stock isn't a bad plan. Now about a 9% dividend and fast becoming a prime takeover target.

Meanwhile the contracts on the rigs covered by the drilling moratorium are now void and at least 2 are making plans to move to other countries and more are looking at their options. Once they go, the rigs, the jobs they provide, and oil and gas they produce will be gone.

Tracyanns, I guess you don't know that last week, 2 hours before the President came, BP brought in 400 new workers to clean up the beach and then as soon as the President left, BP bussed the 400 workers out and they haven't been seen again.

The President commented on the nice clean beach that he said was open. However, the beach was "open" but fishing and going IN the water was closed.

I wouldn't drink the BP Koolaid... or at least if you are going to drink it, realize that BP gave it to you.

It's a dog and pony show.

Listen online to talk radio WWL 870 am

This whole situation stinks. I could cry knowing that so many fish and birds will die. I feel for those who making their living on the seas.

I've lived by an ocean most of my life and have a great respect for the water. I feel sick looking at the pictures of pelicans covered in oil. My God, what has BP done?:mad:

Archived