Transport from ship to FLL Airport ?

GreenValleyDogWalker

There will be 4 of us - disembarking the Grand Princess in Ft. Lauderdale on February 14, 2011.

We need transportation from the cruise sip terminal to the FLL Airport to catch a 10:30 AM flight back to Arizona

Can anyone offer suggestions for best method of transportation for this ?

THANKS !!!

Taxi! From Port Everglades to FLL is about $15 and only a 10-12 minute ride. :cool: Get off early - a 10:30 flight will be a challenge if there are any delays (customs, immigration, weather, etc.) in getting off the ship.:eek: Good luck! :)

We never schedule a flight back before noon to eliminate the potential stress of missing an earlier flight...we have experienced long lines at both checkin and security...

However, you should plan on walking off with you luggage early and getting a taxi or two...$15...if you are flying SWA, use Bags to Go right outside the disembarkation terminal and get your boarding passes...they normally want flights after 11:00 but worth it to check anyways...you can then go right to security and see your bags next in Arizona...

FLL can be hectic and chaotic, especially on disembarkation days when alot of ships are in port...like John in DC indicates, delays could be a problem....good luck.

WOW! 10:30 am flight is pushing it.

It may only be about a 10 to 15 minute ride from the airport

but the ticket lines and security check lines can be very long.

We have always booked a flight out of FLL no earlier than noon.

Oh and a taxi is the only way you could possibly make it unless

you have a car service sitting there waiting to pick you up.

There will be 4 of us - disembarking the Grand Princess in Ft. Lauderdale on February 14' date=' 2011.[/color']

We need transportation from the cruise sip terminal to the FLL Airport to catch a 10:30 AM flight back to Arizona

Can anyone offer suggestions for best method of transportation for this ?

THANKS !!!

I think that if everything goes right you might be able to make the 10:30 flight. First, the ship has to come into Ft. L on time. Second, you have to get off the ship first and carry ALL of your luggage. Third, you have to be able to find a taxi ASAP. Then you have to be at the airport 2 hours before your flight :eek: !

This is just my opinion, but if you see a flight from FLL to Arizona really cheap, there's no way you can make it!

We're much more comfortable with a Noon or later flight, JMHO,

Just be sure to print your boarding pass on the ship 23 hours and 59 minutes prior to your 10:30 a.m. departure. Select your seat. This may speed it up a bit and even a few minutes can make a difference in your situation. Good Luck. It can work

I think that if everything goes right you might be able to make the 10:30 flight. First, the ship has to come into Ft. L on time. Second, you have to get off the ship first and carry ALL of your luggage. Third, you have to be able to find a taxi ASAP. Then you have to be at the airport 2 hours before your flight :eek: !

This is just my opinion, but if you see a flight from FLL to Arizona really cheap, there's no way you can make it!

We're much more comfortable with a Noon or later flight, JMHO,

This will be the 2nd time we have taken this 10:30 AM departure flight from Ft. Lauderdale at the end of a cruise.

Last time (December 2009) we took the Princess shuttle bus - had no problem at all -

we did not have to "carry our own luggage off" or anything....

(It's either this flight - or wait until the next morning for the 8:15 AM flight)

I asked the question this time - to see if there was something better than that shuttle !-

Thanks to all that responded - we'll be taking a taxi...

• 1 month later...
Please let us know how everything went when you get home!!

We had absolutely NO problem....we were about the 5th group that

departed the ship (after the "walk-offs") - we left the ship at 8:00 AM - found our luggage - found a porter - walked over to the Taxi stand - arrived at the airport at about 8:30 AM - did curb-side check-in, went through security - and were sitting at our departure gate by 9:00 AM - a full 1 and 1/2 hour before our departure time....

We have a 10.30am flight too, we plan on walking off with our luggage and getting a taxi.

Where do we get a taxi? last time we had a hire car so didn't pay much attention.

As you leave the terminal there will be lines of taxis waiting for fares. Good luck!

We had absolutely NO problem....we were about the 5th group that

departed the ship (after the "walk-offs") - we left the ship at 8:00 AM - found our luggage - found a porter - walked over to the Taxi stand - arrived at the airport at about 8:30 AM - did curb-side check-in' date=' went [/color']through security - and were sitting at our departure gate by 9:00 AM - a full 1 and 1/2 hour before our departure time....

That's encouraging because we're doing the same thing in October. Were there many ships in port?

We have a 10.30am flight too, we plan on walking off with our luggage and getting a taxi.

Where do we get a taxi? last time we had a hire car so didn't pay much attention.

Taxis are just on the other side of the parking lot - we had a porter

help us with our luggage when we found it all in the big building - we told him that we wanted a "big" taxi (4 of us - with 9 pieces of luggage) - the porter took our bags right over to the taxi line for us....)

That's encouraging because we're doing the same thing in October. Were there many ships in port?

We were the only ship in port - although one of the other times that we have taken this 10:30 AM flight, there were 3 other ships in port - (That was in December 2009) still did not have any problem making the flight on time (which is why we continue to book that flight home) -

I was, quite frankly, very suprized by the reaction received when (in my first post) I said that we were taking a 10:30 AM flight home......)

Have a good time on your October cruise - I'm already looking forward to my next one - and I haven't even finished the unpacking !

Archived