Insignia - Cabin Question

ariesknowbest

My hubby and I are planning to cruise to Bermuda 8/19 on the Insignia. We were looking at the Cabin Categories and have a question.....is the Concierge Veranda Cabin worth the extra $300.00? Having never been on this ship, I do not know the true difference. Any advice/comments would be greatly appreciated.

Also, would you recommend a cabin on the back of the ship?

Thank you.

It depends on what is important to you. For us, no, it isn’t worth the extra money. Here’s a link for concierge cabin benefits, some of which are available to every cabin: https://www.oceaniacruises.com/media/2017/OCEANIA+CRUISES+UNVEILS+ENHANCED+CONCIERGE+LEVEL+AMENITIES+New+Amenities+Include+Free+Laundry+Service+and++In-Stateroom+Lunch+and+Dinner+Service+from+The+Grand+Dining+Room/

As for location of cabin, the restaurants are all located in the rear so you would be near them. But if you are prone to motion sickness then the middle of the ship on a lower deck is best.

On the smaller Oceania ships, which Insignia is one of, the Concierge cabins on the back of the ship have a larger balcony than the ones everywhere else.

They are about the only ones I would pay extra for.

There are other perks:

hot foods for room service breakfast, 3 free bags of laundry, welcome sparkling wine, early booking of specialty restaurant reservations, and probably something I've forgotten.

On the smaller Oceania ships, which Insignia is one of, the Concierge cabins on the back of the ship have a larger balcony than the ones everywhere else.

They are about the only ones I would pay extra for.

There are other perks:

hot foods for room service breakfast, 3 free bags of laundry, welcome sparkling wine, early booking of specialty restaurant reservations, and probably something I've forgotten.

It was still Champagne in Dec ..has that changed?

It was still Champagne in Dec ..has that changed?

I really don't know, I said that instead of Champagne so someone wouldn't say it was the other, LOL.

Next time I'll say bubbly.

I really don't know, I said that instead of Champagne so someone wouldn't say it was the other, LOL.

Next time I'll say bubbly.

LOL

It was Jacquart Brut Champagne in case they have not changed to sparking wine :halo:

Just came off one of the smaller ships so here is some additional info for you to help you make your decision.

Laundry - 3 bags per stateroom - With this you are limited to 20 pieces per bag. On the longer trips there are offers from time to time of having a bag of laundry done for $24.95 per bag (again a limit of 20 items).Also use the self serviced laundry with cost about $4 per load (wash and dry). Great way to meet people by the way. Hours were very good from 730 am to 1000pm.

Complimentary pressing of garments - we were limited to two piece each (four for the two of us I believe)

Unlimited access of spa private terrrace - we didnt use this too much due to weather although we did use the hot tub sometimes. We have used the terrace with previous cruises. If the weather is nice, this deck fills up very quickly as it is quite small but quiet and relaxing.

Priority booking for speciality restaurants - we really didnt have a problem with booking additional reservations with the speciality restaurants specially if you dont mind sharing a table. Also when the seas get a bit rougher, cancellations occur.

Anyway I hope this helps a bit. It really depends what works for you. Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As others have posted it is up to you yo decide the value vs the $300 but hard to make that assessment if you don't know what's "extra"

Most of the benefits are posted already above. This is the O's list:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/regatta/suites-staterooms/veranda-stateroom/

In addition to Suite & Stateroom Amenities

• NEW – Room service from the Grand Dining Room menu during lunch and dinner
  • NEW – FREE laundry service – up to 3 bags per stateroom+
  • Priority Noon ship embarkation
  • Complimentary welcome bottle of Champagne
  • Priority specialty restaurant reservations
  • Unlimited access to Canyon Ranch SpaClub® private Spa Terrace
  • IPad® upon request++
  • Variety of Bulgari amenities
  • Complimentary Oceania Cruises logo tote bag
  • Cashmere lap blankets, perfect for relaxing on your veranda
  • Complimentary shoe shine service
  • Complimentary pressing of garments upon embarkation+++

+Up to 20 garments per laundry bag. 3 day turnaround time and laundry will not be accepted 3 days prior to disembarkation

++Limited availability

+++Certain limitations ap

O fairly recently added the first two items to increase the value.

What is not on the list is the cabin location. That too is a personal preference but they would be generally considered to be more desirable location than the regular verandah categories. But what makes them more desirable is debatable. On cruise ships usually up and middle cost more though often the most expensive break that concept.