Carnival hub app and messaging from cell phones on Breeze

Drrandall

How does this work? One time $5 charge for the week for each phone? Does it work while phones are in airplane mode?

29 days away. Gotta figure out all the basics.

Might do the basic data $5 a day social media plan cause most say the wifi stinks in general even on the premium plan. Does the $5 a day cover the cabin or do we need to all get it?

Used this for the first time on The Freedom last September and it was fantastic. I wish every cruise line had this as it was an excellent way to keep in touch with your group. So worth the $5 per phone and now that the menus are going to be available on the app I won't have to go down to the dining room to see what is for dinner.

$5 per week is only for the chat feature on the hubb app so you can communicate with each other while on board. the $5 per day charge is for the social media internet plan so you can use facebook messenger to communicate that way.

$5 per week is only for the chat feature on the hubb app so you can communicate with each other while on board. the $5 per day charge is for the social media internet plan so you can use facebook messenger to communicate that way.

$5 a day for Facebook messenger and works in airplane mode? Gotta figure out all this with Att as well

$5 a day for Facebook messenger and works in airplane mode? Gotta figure out all this with Att as well

yes, you put your phones in airplane mode when you board or at the very last time at sail away. Then open the hubb app and follow the instructions for either buying the chat feature with is $5 for the whole cruise or you can buy a social plan that works in airplane mode for facebook messenger and facebook in general.

You connect to their wifi. So don't forget to turn your wifi on. It will ask you to put in your sale and sign card # and what plan you want. All we got was the $5 per day. And it was great used fb and the hub app

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I may be mistaken, but I thought I read somewhere that those sharing a room could all use the social wifi? As in, the first person signs out then the second signs in? Am I wrong? Or is this "illegal"?

TIA

I may be mistaken, but I thought I read somewhere that those sharing a room could all use the social wifi? As in, the first person signs out then the second signs in? Am I wrong? Or is this "illegal"?

TIA

You can and i think there's a spot on the app to switch devices

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

TIA

From the carnival website:

"Guests can upgrade from one plan to another and can use multiple devices per plan, including their smart phone, laptop or shipboard Internet cafe but only one device can be used at a time.

• Social ($5 USD per day)* – Offers access to sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, SnapChat and popular airline websites. Note: Plan does not include in-app calling, Facetime, iMessage or access to any other sites or apps.
  • Value ($16 USD per day)* – Provides access to a wide variety of sites and apps, including social media, e-mail, news, sports, weather, banking and more. Note: Does not support Skype calling or music streaming services such as Spotify.
  • Premium ($25 USD per day)* – Promises the fastest possible connection and includes access to all websites and apps, including some streaming video services.
  • Discounts are provided when purchasing a plan for the full duration of the voyage." So on 7 day cruise 2 weeks ago Social plan was $30 for duration of cruise and Value plan was $72. Don't remember discounted price for premium plan.

Set the phone to airplane mode then turn WiFi on. Depending on the phone, you can do this from the setting, swiping down or swiping up.

From the carnival website:

"Guests can upgrade from one plan to another and can use multiple devices per plan, including their smart phone, laptop or shipboard Internet cafe but only one device can be used at a time.

• Social ($5 USD per day)* – Offers access to sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, SnapChat and popular airline websites. Note: Plan does not include in-app calling, Facetime, iMessage or access to any other sites or apps.
  • Value ($16 USD per day)* – Provides access to a wide variety of sites and apps, including social media, e-mail, news, sports, weather, banking and more. Note: Does not support Skype calling or music streaming services such as Spotify.
  • Premium ($25 USD per day)* – Promises the fastest possible connection and includes access to all websites and apps, including some streaming video services.
  • Discounts are provided when purchasing a plan for the full duration of the voyage." So on 7 day cruise 2 weeks ago Social plan was $30 for duration of cruise and Value plan was $72. Don't remember discounted price for premium plan.

You can purchase one of the above plans and it will give you access to each described site OR you can just download the Carnival Hub App and pay $5 for the week, per phone, to chat between friends and family while on-board. This App is used in Airplane Mode.

The first thing you want to do is put your phone into Airplane Mode. Then turn its wifi back on. As long as you turn it back on, the wifi can operate while the phone is in Airplane Mode, which will keep it from trying to obtain a cell signal.

Once you're connected to their wifi, all you can do is go to the Carnival site (free). If you have the Hub app, you can use most of its features for free, such as deck plans, the FunTimes schedule, your S&S account info., etc. If you'd like to add the chat feature, it's $5 per phone and that lasts the entire cruise. Anyone you want to communicate using the chat feature obviously needs the Hub app, too, so be sure everyone downloads it prior to getting on board.

Beyond that, you can purchase one of the internet plans, such as the Social plan, which gives you access to some of the more popular social networking sites/apps, like facebook and facebook messenger (and others). The internet plans are priced on a per-day basis, but you can purchase them for the entire cruise, either prior to your cruise from your Carnival account or on the first day of your cruise. By pre-purchasing online or on day one for the entire cruise, you can get one of the plans at a discounted rate. And they do allow you to upgrade to a higher level plan if you find out you'd like more than just the Social plan. If you want to allow someone else to have access to your internet plan, you would have to log out of yours first, then they can log in. If more than one person wants to use the internet at the same time, each would need to buy their own.

We used the HUB app in February while aboard the Splendor. I think they are adding features to the app. The chat feature was convenient to chat with others on the ship with you, & yes it was $5 per device, for the whole cruise. The app also has the funtimes-- dining schedules, show times.

I guess it would be $5 per device no matter the length of cruise.

No need to upgrade your phone service with AT&T. The app uses the ships WiFi. Cellular data is not used.

Wow. That's awesome! Thanks.

Now Snapchat.....

When I was in Cancun last year I called people on it everyday for free. Is this possible on the ship or in ports?

Wow. That's awesome! Thanks.

Now Snapchat.....

When I was in Cancun last year I called people on it everyday for free. Is this possible on the ship or in ports?

Snapchat using the ship's WiFi is an additional charge but cheaper than Cellular at Sea. The pricing for the different pricing is earlier in this thread.