Family in 2 rooms

wetcoastmom

We have 2 rooms for our family of 5. It was booked with one adult and two teens in each room. Will it be a problem if we switch around where we sleep? Our 3 teens are responsible and will quite happily spend their time going from food to arcade to pool etc and we will meet up for meals to check in with them.

CC has an article here: https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1782

which states : " Passengers ages 13 and up can occupy a cabin on their own, as long as an adult over age 21 has a reservation linked to theirs and is in a cabin close by. The same applies to young married couples. Kids ages 12 and under must share a cabin with someone 16 or older and also have a reservation linked to an adult over 21. "

I have hunted for where in HAL's literature this info is sourced with no success. Hopefully someone here knows. If all else fails, call HAL.

I am taking my family on a cruise as well. We booked two adjoining signature suites. Each room can only be assigned 3 people. However, once aboard, HAL said we could open the door and configure it however we want to. Maybe you should try adjoining rooms?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have 2 rooms for our family of 5. It was booked with one adult and two teens in each room. Will it be a problem if we switch around where we sleep? Our 3 teens are responsible and will quite happily spend their time going from food to arcade to pool etc and we will meet up for meals to check in with them.

I can't imagine it would matter who sleeps where once you settle in as long as the booking is made correctly - according to HAL's policy. Get it right from the horse's mouth. We plan on doing the same for our upcoming cruise with our 13 and 17 year olds.

I am taking my family on a cruise as well. We booked two adjoining signature suites. Each room can only be assigned 3 people. However, once aboard, HAL said we could open the door and configure it however we want to. Maybe you should try adjoining rooms?

This is exactly what we have done when we took our teen-aged granddaughters on HAL cruises. This arrangement was initially suggested by our TA and then approved by HAL. Not surprisingly, we have had no problems with this arrangement ... and the granddaughters appreciated the privacy and sense of independence it gave them. So for us it was a win-win-win situation.

The rooms are down the hall from each other (about 10 rooms apart). If I have it right, they want an adult to be legally responsible for the teens in the room, but obviously regardless of the time of day our teens will happily hang out together and we will do our own thing and arrange to meet up a couple of times a day to keep tabs on them.

If there is no arcade, that is totally fine by us since we are happy to have an electronic free vacation.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A little clarification. Rooms with an interior door between them are "connecting" rooms.

"Adjoining" rooms mean two rooms without an interior door between them. Could be next door to each other, or across the hall from each other. Or, even a couple of rooms apart.

A little clarification. Rooms with an interior door between them are "connecting" rooms.

"Adjoining" rooms mean two rooms without an interior door between them. Could be next door to each other, or across the hall from each other. Or, even a couple of rooms apart.

Good catch - important distinction to keep in mind. The "adjoining" suites we've had were, in fact, "connecting" suites! :):):)