Just off Equinox Jazz Cruise

gordylad

We were on the ship in September and I wrote about how we did not enjoy the entertainment and the staff did not seem very interested.

This cruise was quite the opposite. Could be because the new captain Kate has injected some energy about the ship and we experienced a new cruise director Maarten.

Overall we had a brilliant time with music acts around the ship being really good especially the house band [The Badness] whose sets really complimented the cruise. The other house band Nu Image were very good and so was the young girl who mostly played in Ensemble Sashi. I still have the opinion that too many production shows on board.

New Orleans was a blast and we docked right next to the Riverview Shopping Mall making it very easy to walk or grab the trolley.

Excellent Cruise.

We also sailed on this cruise and agree with gordylad.

Captain Kate certainly breaks the mold and is visible, engaged, and enhanced our cruise experience.

Loved the Big Easy.

We were on the ship in September and I wrote about how we did not enjoy the entertainment and the staff did not seem very interested.

This cruise was quite the opposite. Could be because the new captain Kate has injected some energy about the ship and we experienced a new cruise director Maarten.

Overall we had a brilliant time with music acts around the ship being really good especially the house band [The Badness] whose sets really complimented the cruise. The other house band Nu Image were very good and so was the young girl who mostly played in Ensemble Sashi. I still have the opinion that too many production shows on board.

New Orleans was a blast and we docked right next to the Riverview Shopping Mall making it very easy to walk or grab the trolley.

Excellent Cruise.

Thanks for posting.

I'm so glad you folks had a great time on the New Orleans Jazz Fest cruise. I'm glad to read so many positive comments about Captain Kate. Isn't it a shame that Celebrity will not be offering this cruise any more? I really wanted to go next year, but it can't happen now. Maybe Celebrity will offer it again some time in the future. I surely hope so.

Been cruising over 40 years and can honestly say the way Captain Kate and Maarten made everything jell on this cruise made it one of the best we have ever enjoyed. Maarten will be getting The Edge when it sails. I wouldn't be surprised to see Captain Kate be there next as well. A fantastic cruise!

Been cruising over 40 years and can honestly say the way Captain Kate and Maarten made everything jell on this cruise made it one of the best we have ever enjoyed. Maarten will be getting The Edge when it sails. I wouldn't be surprised to see Captain Kate be there next as well. A fantastic cruise!

We like Maarten too. We have never had the pleasure to cruise with Capt Kate.

Do you know how long Maarten will stay on board Equinox? We are sailing in August

To gangway style..............the cruise alternates so next year Mardi Gras and in 2020 Jazz Fest. On sale.

Thank you for that information. This year must have been fortunate because Celebrity did both the Jazz Cruise and the Mardi Gras cruise. I will definitely check into the 2020 Jazz Cruise. I can't wait.

Excellent Cruise.

I agree great cruise with a few exceptions. I wish they would have skipped Freeport, total waste of a day. Captain Kate was wonderful! Little disagreement in the entertainment we thought house bands were much better for the September cruise. We followed both bands at all. Their venues in September ,this time not at all.i do agree the production shows were not good and were exactly the same on September cruise. It’s too bad they are not repeating New Orleans those were the best days.

Sent from my iPad using Forums