Drink prices

artkoll

Price of alcohol drinks like beer or every day drinks like rum drinks. Just wondering if the deluxe package would be worth buying on Fos.

Most beer runs $6 to $8 plus 18%, Basic mixed drinks around $9. Fancy cocktails around $12. All plus 18%.

I, too, am curious about drink prices. We are looking at the Allure after a long stint on NCL, but the price of drinks and drink packages are giving us pause. Does RCI ever offer "free" drink packages as a promo? It seems a bit expensive to pay $700-$800 for the cabin when DW doesn't drink. For reference, our last cruise on RCI was so long ago that I was able to purchase the package myself at the time.

Anyway, the bigger RCI ships look interesting and fun! I just need to "sell" the experience to DW vs. taking that extra $$ and spending it on an NCL upgrade.

Thanks!

I, too, am curious about drink prices. We are looking at the Allure after a long stint on NCL, but the price of drinks and drink packages are giving us pause. Does RCI ever offer "free" drink packages as a promo? It seems a bit expensive to pay $700-$800 for the cabin when DW doesn't drink. For reference, our last cruise on RCI was so long ago that I was able to purchase the package myself at the time.

Anyway, the bigger RCI ships look interesting and fun! I just need to "sell" the experience to DW vs. taking that extra $$ and spending it on an NCL upgrade.

Thanks!

On RCI you don't need to buy a drink package for the whole cabin, just the individuals that want it.:D

The deluxe covers bottled water, expresso style coffees, fresh squeezed OJ, plus drinks up to a price of $13. One has to figure out how much they will consume of these or a combination thereof. I always get the Ultimate (now Deluxe) package. Another factor to consider is the number of sea days (more time on ship) vs port days (less time on ship.

My sea day can consist of the following:

(2) lattes, (1) fresh squeezed OJ, (2 or 3) bottled waters, (2 to3) beers, ( 1 or 2) before dinner drinks, (1) wine at dinner, (1) after dinner drink, (1 or 2) drinks at night at shows/bars, dancing etc.

My port days:

same as above less a water & beers and depending on the evening activities etc.less (1) drink.

If you drink anything close to above, get the package. BTW, the fresh squeezed OJ is generally located in the Windjammer at or near the bar where you enter. Or your server can bring you one.

Thanks!

On RCI you don't need to buy a drink package for the cabin, just for the individuals that want it :D

Sorry for the duplicate post, the site said the original one did not go through

We just got off FOS on Saturday and my DH and I both got the drink package and I totaled it up and it was definitely worth it. My day consist of 1 Latte, 2 drinks of the day, 2 bottled water, drink before dinner, drink with dinner, 1-2 after dinner drinks during the show. Now on port days, I may have only had 3 drinks but averaging out the whole week, it was worth it.

Royal do offer drinks packages as a promo, we get them all the time in the uk.

But they also raise the price of the cruise to counter act the free package.

We just had free ultimate package and free grats on a b2b on the adventure, think we saved about $200 dollars after they raised the price of the cruise for the promo

Only one has to purchase. If you drink more than four a day it's worth it if you can get the "sale" price. We have gotten $44 per day on our last three cruises and it was well worth it.

I would average a drink price at $10-$15 depending on your taste. The package covers up to $13. We had a few glasses of really nice wine at $15 so we paid the extra.

Do you have to purchase the drink package for whole week or can you just buy it for 3 or 4 days?

You can purchase for a partial cruise on board. However, you have to purchase with at least 4 days left in the cruise, and it has to last until the end of the cruise.

Where can I find more info on this packages? A brochure with the drinks included or excluded and how does it work?

All drinks within the value limit of the package are included. Depending on the ship/sailing/phase of the moon, the value limit is $12, $13, or $14.

For our November 2016 Allure sailing I was able to get the $44 sale price. It was $55 on board and there never was a sale. Our upcoming October on the Oasis is on sale at $44 and I am buying now.

After being on the Allure my observation for me was my drinks averaged about $12-$13. I drank beer at $6-$8, well Bloody Mary's around $9-$10, call Dirty Martini's $13, and some nice wines at $13. So at that rate I figured I broke even with four drinks a day, which I did way more than that.