Balcony on the back of Noordam

MCC_50

So I am taking an Alaskan Cruise in July and the staying on one of the Balconies at the very rear of the ship. Can anyone give me some feedback on whether this is a good or bad thing? We asked for a balcony facing land-side and our Travel Agent gave us this room. I want to know if this is good or bad and what I can do about it....

Thank You in advance!!

MCC

Although I have not been on Noordam, we love the aft staterooms on Royal! Listening and watching the wake is mesmerizing! Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for your quick response! So I have read that... It actually looks like it would be nice.

I am just wondering if due to the fact that you only have a land view from one side of the ship should matter that much as to where our room is. Obviously, we can go up on deck too... just thought I would ask around. Is there a lot to see from the ship as you are sailing up the Alaskan coast.

You will see so much from either side. The area is dotted with islands, the ships travel in inland channels, the ship rotates in bays for equal viewing for both sides.

Are you near the back along a side, or actually in an aft balcony? If you’re lucky enough to be facing aft, I think you’ve got the best location onboard.

If you're in a true aft balcony, facing the wake, you'll have a panoramic unobstructed view that you will certainly enjoy! If you're in a side cabin, no worries, as the captain will turn the ship so that eventually everyone can enjoy the scenery. You will love Alaska....it's breathtaking!

Our favorite location is being on the stern of the ship. Have been ther several times. Watching the wake of the ship is cool. And you can see scenery on both port and starboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viewing Alaska from a aft facing cabin is divine!!!! Your TA did you a big favor. As others have said you have the wake and scenery to watch. We have enjoy seeing what’s on both sides from and aft facing cabin. In reality most most are in there cabin for hours at a time except for sleeping. Have a great time!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

DW and I have 15 cruises behind us, all of them, without exception, in an aft cabin / balcony.” Best seat in the house”. One advantage that has not been mentioned yet that you will appreciate: It is windstill aft. With appropriate dress like a hoodie, you can sit out there, protected from the wind when the ship is underway.

Had a wraparound balcony on an Alaskan cruise with exposure on port side and rear. Loved it. The only negative was when something was spotted and announced on the ship pa, the animal, bird, bear or whatever was gone by the time it came into view from the rear.

My parents had an aft balcony once and once was enough. They could only use the balcony when the ship was docked because otherwise the ash from the funnel was dropping all over the balcony. Even when the ship was docked, there was a coating of ash on everything -- the railing, the floor, and the furniture. They are glad they tried it out, but they will not have an aft balcony again.

My parents had an aft balcony once and once was enough. They could only use the balcony when the ship was docked because otherwise the ash from the funnel was dropping all over the balcony. Even when the ship was docked, there was a coating of ash on everything -- the railing, the floor, and the furniture. They are glad they tried it out, but they will not have an aft balcony again.
This happened to us on the NCL Sun, but it has not happened on the Eurodam, the Nieuw Amsterdam or the Veendam; all those cruises were in stern balcony cabins. We will always choose a stern cabin if available and if we can afford it.

If you're in a SC, SB, or VB the view is going to be amazing. While only sailing a SB on the ms Noordam, once, we will never forget it. Aft cruising is a whole nother fascination. Something anyone who is into experiencing different locations to sail from would be into.

we have had the corner rooms aft and never had ash. I guess it could be the ship, weather or direction we were going. Sadly we had clouds and fog and never saw much from the ship except the day we went to the glacier. Mostly, we traveled at night.