Was this a good decision for our Eurodam cabin?

pcur

We are on the Eurodam next year, and had a Category C ocean view cabin on Deck 1. Close to the elevator, mid-ship, standard size. It was also close to the ladies room, which I don't know would be a plus or a minus, but thought there might be some traffic from the Atrium bar. I think this is also near the location of the embark/debark doors, but I'm not sure?

I found a CQ available on Deck 10 in the bow area yesterday for an extra $100 total for both of us. This is a 28 night cruise.

We've sailed this route before and don't remember the seas being particularly rough. With a little bonine in us, we figure we are OK with extra movement. I read several reviews about this row of cabins, and was really interested in the 6x4 huge window overlooking the bow. The reviews raved about this, how quiet the area is, and how large the cabin is.

We also like the proximity of the Crow's Nest and Explorer's Cafe. The deck below is the gym, spa, and Lido Market, which is where we like to eat in the mornings and afternoons.

The cabin seemed to be a great room to have for the long cruise.

I'd like anyone else's opinion on our cabin choice. Appreciate any comments or advice.

I'm feeling good about the decision to change the cabin. I showed my hubby the pictures tonight at dinner (thank you, VermeulT), and he really likes the layout of the room.

Congratulations. I hope you have a wonderful journey!

First, the higher up you are the more motion you are going to feel. Second, the bow is NOT a great location because you will get even more motion from bow waves. Finally, if you anchor at any ports you will hear the anchor chain in the morning.....or when you dock you might hear the bow thrusters..........but being high up is then a good thing since the lower decks will suffer that noise the most.

28 days is a long time and I would personally stick with that low deck mid-ship for a smoother ride.

We are on the Eurodam next year, and had a Category C ocean view cabin on Deck 1. Close to the elevator, mid-ship, standard size. It was also close to the ladies room, which I don't know would be a plus or a minus, but thought there might be some traffic from the Atrium bar. I think this is also near the location of the embark/debark doors, but I'm not sure?

I found a CQ available on Deck 10 in the bow area yesterday for an extra $100 total for both of us. This is a 28 night cruise.

We've sailed this route before and don't remember the seas being particularly rough. With a little bonine in us, we figure we are OK with extra movement. I read several reviews about this row of cabins, and was really interested in the 6x4 huge window overlooking the bow. The reviews raved about this, how quiet the area is, and how large the cabin is.

We also like the proximity of the Crow's Nest and Explorer's Cafe. The deck below is the gym, spa, and Lido Market, which is where we like to eat in the mornings and afternoons.

The cabin seemed to be a great room to have for the long cruise.

I'd like anyone else's opinion on our cabin choice. Appreciate any comments or advice.

Here are some pictures on on of the cabins in that category (a few other cabins are there also).

http://halfacts.com/signature-class/10001-eurodam/

The rooms look lovely and for $100 over 28 days... ? I'd do it!

I was the one who took those photos :D

I'd upgrade for $100 in a heartbeat for a 10-day cruise, so for 28 days it's a very very good bargain. I had no issues with choppiness, but it was just a 7-day cruise in the calmest period of the Carib (March 2017). Noise wasn't an issue, and you get a real unique view whenever the ship goes into port. The window is HUGE, a normal person can actually lie across on the window sill. It's also very easy to spot your window when coming back from port, so if one of you remains onboard, you can communicate without a cellphone using the lights :p.

I was the one who took those photos :D

I'd upgrade for $100 in a heartbeat for a 10-day cruise, so for 28 days it's a very very good bargain. I had no issues with choppiness, but it was just a 7-day cruise in the calmest period of the Carib (March 2017). Noise wasn't an issue, and you get a real unique view whenever the ship goes into port. The window is HUGE, a normal person can actually lie across on the window sill. It's also very easy to spot your window when coming back from port, so if one of you remains onboard, you can communicate without a cellphone using the lights :p.

Thank you for taking those pictures!

We have been in the bow before on other ships, and having sailed this itinerary before, we know the seas are not that rough (famous words, to possibly be retracted later!!! :D).

Neither of us is particularly prone to seasickness, and use bonine on every cruise. We discussed this before we decided to take the CQ cabin. We both will do what I usually do before any cruise: take a half dose of bonine the morning before the cruise. This also helps me with any possible air sickness. The night before the cruise we take another half dose, and then another the morning we embark. At bed the first night we take another half dose. This gets 2 full doses in our systems, and we usually don't have to take another for a week. If the seas are rough, we "top it off" with another dose.

I really appreaciate everyone's feedback!

First, the higher up you are the more motion you are going to feel. Second, the bow is NOT a great location because you will get even more motion from bow waves. Finally, if you anchor at any ports you will hear the anchor chain in the morning.....or when you dock you might hear the bow thrusters..........but being high up is then a good thing since the lower decks will suffer that noise the most.

28 days is a long time and I would personally stick with that low deck mid-ship for a smoother ride.

OP did say that they were okay with the anticipated extra movement.