Vision delayed into Houston

timbom

Still waiting to hear from RCL as to what they plan to do on todays sailing out of Galveston. Both airport and freeway closed into Galveston and ship is still offshore.

They have promised to let us know by nine. Any bets we will be delayed??

The roads should start to get better around noon but so many of our highways are built on bridges, they are always the first to ice over. RC does not have a good history of understanding the logistics of getting into Galveston during bad weather though.

Just checked Galveston cruise cam at Harbor House (6:15 PM) and see Vision still at the pier, with the last color swatches of a beautiful sunset behind her.

Hopefully the departure delay will enable all the cruisers to make their way to the port safely. So glad the road conditions finally improved.

Maybe internetwhiz will update us from on board.

• 1 month later...

Just looked at the Galveston web cam. Looks like the port is fogged in again. When we first logged in you could just barely see the ship in port. A few minutes later not at all. Almost looked like it was listing to the right. Was it scheduled to leave port today? Looks like they might have an overnight in port if they have already boarded. Anyone on board the Vision this afternoon? We leave from Galveston next week-end so we've been watching the web cam. Glad we have planned to go in a day early & stay over until Monday.

I got off today. They were expecting an issue so we were hauling it to beat the fog. Don't know when we tied up, they had predicted getting in at around 4, at about 7 visibility was pretty much nothing. Will be interesting to see when they push out.

We’re onboard Vision now. Last update Captain said hopefully we will feel the ship moving sometime tonight. I’m doubtful though. Galveston is under a dense fog advisory until 9am tomorrow. Idk when we need to leave by to still make our stop in Costa Maya on Sunday.

11:31 right now and absolutely no sign of shipping out tonight. Hopefully we skip costa maya and just do an overnight in Cozumel but who knows at this point. Pretty disappointing actually but no fault of RCI of course.

Any sign that they have run out of the Texas stamped alcohol?

Captain announced we are going to be skipping Costa Maya on this trip and arriving at Cozumel tomorrow around 5pm tomorrow for an overnight stay there! Personally this is awesome for me me and the wife because Costa Maya is just an okay port and I’m looking forward to seeing the Cozumel nightlife but we did see some people that were pretty bummed about it.

Captain announced we are going to be skipping Costa Maya on this trip and arriving at Cozumel tomorrow around 5pm tomorrow for an overnight stay there! Personally this is awesome for me me and the wife because Costa Maya is just an okay port and I’m looking forward to seeing the Cozumel nightlife but we did see some people that were pretty bummed about it.

I would have been disappointed if I had Maya Chan booked, but I understand there's not much that could have been done under the circumstances.

I would have been disappointed if I had Maya Chan booked, but I understand there's not much that could have been done under the circumstances.

Yeah we did had Maya Chan booked but this has happened to us one time before in Nassau which is not even that great of a port as well and we had a blast with the Nassau nightlife. One of our favorite cruises is the overnight in Bermuda also so Cozumel will be a new experience for us.

Yeah we did had Maya Chan booked but this has happened to us one time before in Nassau which is not even that great of a port as well and we had a blast with the Nassau nightlife. One of our favorite cruises is the overnight in Bermuda also so Cozumel will be a new experience for us.

Does Maya Chan give a refund if the ship does not stop in Costa Maya?