Haven On The Epic

babba

For a "milestone" birthday surprise my husband booked the Haven spa cabin aboard the Epic. Even though we are "seasoned" cruisers we have never experienced the Haven. It is my understanding that there is a "special" restaurant for dinner ... does the dinner menu change nightly or does it remain the same. Also booking the Haven entitled us to included meals in the speciality restaurants. Not sure which to choose. Any other tips would be appreciated.

There is a Haven restaurant and the menu does not change. You may request something from another dining room menu but it may take longer for your meal. The restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We had the specialty dining package and two platinum dinners and we never used them all! Since our cruise (Europe) was very port intensive we enjoyed the quiet dinners in the Haven. There is a bar right outside the restaurant which is perfect for enjoying a pre-dinner drink. We old folks dragged ourselves to Posh :D when we returned every day but had our pre-dinner drink in the bar by the restaurant except for specialty dinner nights.

Keep in mind you may also "dine in" should you choose to do this. This includes your specialty dinners which the butler will bring to you. We never did this except for breakfast so we could eat while getting ready but there are threads from those who have.

Enjoy the Haven!

I second everything Linda said and add - there is a second Haven bar just outside the pool area (it's also right next to - actually through - the dining room, but for some reason we always went the long way to get there :rolleyes:). The bartender there (at least in December) was Carol and she is SPECTACULAR! If you are going soon and she is still there, you will love her. [Tell her Jen & Rich said hi :beer-mug::tropical-drink::D]

We found the Epic Club to serve the best meals on our cruise. We preferred it to LeBistro, Cagneys and Moderno.

We found it to have nice variety and even repeated craveable meals like the Lamb Chops.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I second everything Linda said and add - there is a second Haven bar just outside the pool area (it's also right next to - actually through - the dining room, but for some reason we always went the long way to get there :rolleyes:). The bartender there (at least in December) was Carol and she is SPECTACULAR! If you are going soon and she is still there, you will love her. [Tell her Jen & Rich said hi :beer-mug::tropical-drink::D]

LOL too funny I forgot about that bar! We never went to that bar but we did see it when we ate.

Hi

It looks like we are all unanimous about the Haven Restaurant, the lounge and the bars.......fabulous!!!

That's why the ships that have Haven....... but no separate restaurant, bar or lounge are a totally different product.

Its why it isn't easy to justify the higher price over a non Haven Suite.

We are on Jade SF in March and TA in Haven on Epic in April.

Safe travel to all

Deeko