Carnival Dream Room Service

SPECIAL NOTICE: There is an issue with the main login on the forums on many browsers. Go to our homepage: HOMEPAGE and use the login located at the main top nav.. Then, choose BOARDS on the nav. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:14 PM.
North Carolina
733 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Anyone know what is available? I like the idea of dinner in our room if we aren't up for 'going out' - do they offer anything delicious?

What is an appropriate tip for room service? Does it vary based on the size of the order, time of day, etc...? I've never done room service, unsure of what is customary.

Thanks!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sailed:
Carnival Celebration May 2007 - Freeport, Nassau
Carnival Sensation July 2011 - Nassau
Carnival Dream February 2012 - Cozumel, Belize City, Roatan, Costa Maya
Carnival Ecstasy December 2012 - Freeport, Nassau, Half Moon Cay

Booked:
First Norwegian Cruise with DH, DD and MIL
Getaway - September 6, 2014 - St. Maarten, St. Thomas and Nassau.
Northern NV
2,983 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by momtoabowhead
Anyone know what is available? I like the idea of dinner in our room if we aren't up for 'going out' - do they offer anything delicious?

What is an appropriate tip for room service? Does it vary based on the size of the order, time of day, etc...? I've never done room service, unsure of what is customary.

Thanks!
Carnival's room service menu is fairly limited. Continental breakfast, sandwiches for lunch and dinner. I really like their BLTs, roast beef & brie sandwich, and the teens love their tuna sandwiches. I also am partial to the chocolate cake thru room service.

For tips, usually from $1 - $3, depends on how much is being ordered.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Future Cruises

Past Cruises
NCL Jade 9/2017, NCL Epic 3/2015, NCL Jewel 12/2014, NCL Star 12/2013,
NCL Sun 10/2012, NCL Spirit 4/2012, NCL Pride of America 4/2011, NCL Jade 3/2010

HAL Oosterdam 9/2015, HAL Statendam 9/2014, HAL Statendam 5/2013,
HAL Westerdam 6/2009

Celebrity Equinox 4/2017, Celebrity Millennium 6/2014

Carnival Imagination 10/2016,
Carnival Pride 3/2016, Carnival Imagination 6/2015, Carnival Inspiration 5/2012,
Carnival Freedom 1/2012, Carnival Splendor 8/2011, Carnival Spirit 10/2010,
Carnival Paradise 10/2009, Carnival Fantasy 5/2008, Carnival Elation 9/2007

Caribbean Princess 11/2008, Grand Princess 3/2008, Grand Princess 12/2006

RCL Sovereign of the Seas 8/2008

M/S Nile Carnival 3/2003
North Carolina
733 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Originally posted by psbtrvlr
Carnival's room service menu is fairly limited. Continental breakfast, sandwiches for lunch and dinner. I really like their BLTs, roast beef & brie sandwich, and the teens love their tuna sandwiches. I also am partial to the chocolate cake thru room service.

For tips, usually from $1 - $3, depends on how much is being ordered.
Thanks for the response! I think we'll likely stick with the MDR.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sailed:

Booked:
Tallahassee, FL
4,304 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
Thanks for the response! I think we'll likely stick with the MDR.
I highly recommend sticking to the MDR for dinner. The food is delicious and you won't get anything close to that on the room service menu.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Carnival Legend -- July 2015 (Alaska: Tracy Arm, Ketchikan, Skagway, Juneau, and Victoria, BC)
Carnival Freedom -- December 2014 (Key West, Grand Cayman, Cozumel)
Carnival Freedom -- January 2014 (Grand Turk, San Juan, St. Maarten, St. Thomas)
Carnival Liberty -- February 2013 (HMC, St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk)
Carnival Freedom -- January 2012 (Key West, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios)
Carnival Inspiration -- February 2011 (Cozumel & Grand Cayman)
Carnival Dream -- April 2010 (Cozumel, Costa Maya, Belize, & Roatan)
Carnival Celebration -- March 2008 (Freeport & Nassau)
North Carolina
733 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Originally posted by navybaby1113
I highly recommend sticking to the MDR for dinner. The food is delicious and you won't get anything close to that on the room service menu.
I have really enjoyed the food on the MDR in the past. I was just curious if room service was a comparable option. I now see it isn't.

Thanks!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sailed:

Booked:
North Carolina
733 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Originally posted by cb at sea
Unless you have a dining table in your cabin, eating "in" isn't as much fun as you might think!
We're hoping for a killer priced upsell from a balcony to suite. But even so - I loved eating on the balcony last cruise. It was usually lido food and for lunch, though. I love the MDR - we'll stick with it.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sailed:

Booked:
Tampa Bay, Florida
10,239 Posts
Joined Jan 2010

Thanks!

Here is the Carnival room service menu. It is the same fleetwide. We have ordered a late room-service lunch a few times. My husband's favorites were the BLT and the Roasted beef
sandwich. My favorite was the hot pastrami on rye. I also tried the Fajita chicken wrap. It was good but way too much food for me. It was jumbo size, plenty enough to split. We have also ordered a plate of cookies. They are WARM chcolate chip cookies. About 6-7 on a plate. Soooo very good. http://www.zydecocruiser.net/menus/roomService.htm

Also, here is the breakfast room service menu. You fill it out, indicate a delivery time and hang it on the outside of your cabin door before you go to bed. If you order coffee, make sure that you
write in any sugar, Splenda, Equel or such otherwise you will end up with just black coffee. http://www.zydecocruiser.net/Carniva...2/DSC00252.JPG

Enjoy, and have a great time on your cruise.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cari

Carnival Legend
Carnival Inspiration
Carnival Liberty

Carnival Paradise ** Upcoming Girlfriend Cruise.
North Carolina
733 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Originally posted by Hoosiercouple
Here is the Carnival room service menu. It is the same fleetwide. We have ordered a late room-service lunch a few times. My husband's favorites were the BLT and the Roasted beef
sandwich. My favorite was the hot pastrami on rye. I also tried the Fajita chicken wrap. It was good but way too much food for me. It was jumbo size, plenty enough to split. We have also ordered a plate of cookies. They are WARM chcolate chip cookies. About 6-7 on a plate. Soooo very good. http://www.zydecocruiser.net/menus/roomService.htm

Also, here is the breakfast room service menu. You fill it out, indicate a delivery time and hang it on the outside of your cabin door before you go to bed. If you order coffee, make sure that you
write in any sugar, Splenda, Equel or such otherwise you will end up with just black coffee. http://www.zydecocruiser.net/Carniva...2/DSC00252.JPG

Enjoy, and have a great time on your cruise.

Thank you! This is perfect!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sailed:

Booked:
Lebanon, Ohio
119 Posts
Joined Apr 2004
You'd be missing out on some great food if you skipped the MDR for dinner, but we found room service to be the best lunch on the ship. The turkey, ham & cheese, and BLT sandwiches were SO good. The bread was fresh and soft, and they came with chips that we were weirdly craving since they were nowhere else to be found onboard. Also, the chocolate cake is served with chocolate mousse, that could tie with Warm Chocolate Melting Cake for the best dessert onboard. We loved room service, and found it to be well worth the $2 tip. We would try to time it when a good movie was coming on the TV. What could be better!