7-night Pacific Coastal Oct 20-27, 2019 on Eclipse has dissapeared

CEOofVacation

We are also booked on this cruise. We were so happy to see a pacific coastal again on a larger (s class) Celebrity ship that we booked it right away. We sort of put it aside and concentrated on other trips.

After reading this thread, I checked on the 20th-27th through a big box TA and a big online TA and on the Celebrity site and it is of course gone from them all. What a shame. I do not think it is oversold or reserved up because it would still show as "call" on the TA sites. It is probably chartered in MHO.

I hope to hear something official soon as I do not want to be left on a mostly chartered cruise.

Thank You to the OP. We would have missed this one without our attention.

Oh no....we are booked on that sailing as well. In my experience, when a cruise disappears like that, even when it is showing as 'waitlisted' or 'call for availability', they are looking at possibly changing the itinerary or chartering the ship. This is exactly what it looked like when I booked the Infinity up to Alaska almost 3 years ago and it was ultimately chartered ... and when they were changing the itinerary out on the Mercury several years before that. I wasn't at all disappointed with the offers they gave me for changing or cancelling those cruises ... in case that is what they are doing. I have noticed it takes several months before they make any announcements. So, if it is back online within a week or so, I would believe that those plans fell through.

Yes ... thank you to the OP for bringing this to our attention. I do check pricing every so often just to make sure I catch any price drops but this far out, I only check about once a month. Last time I looked, it was still showing as available.

Oh no....we are booked on that sailing as well. In my experience, when a cruise disappears like that, even when it is showing as 'waitlisted' or 'call for availability', they are looking at possibly changing the itinerary or chartering the ship. This is exactly what it looked like when I booked the Infinity up to Alaska almost 3 years ago and it was ultimately chartered ... and when they were changing the itinerary out on the Mercury several years before that. I wasn't at all disappointed with the offers they gave me for changing or cancelling those cruises ... in case that is what they are doing. I have noticed it takes several months before they make any announcements. So, if it is back online within a week or so, I would believe that those plans fell through.

Yes ... thank you to the OP for bringing this to our attention. I do check pricing every so often just to make sure I catch any price drops but this far out, I only check about once a month. Last time I looked, it was still showing as available.

Hi Raider! So sorry to hear that you are booked on this cruise, that finds itself in 'limbo'! If my recollection is correct, this is/was a 7-night round-trip (closed loop) out of LA. My friend and I are booked on sailing date immediately before it: the October 13th Vancouver to LA 7-nighter.

If your October 20th sailing does end up being cancelled -- and you don't mind a one-way itinerary -- our sailing still has lots of good cabins available. Pop over to our r/c, when you get a minute. :)

Hi Raider! So sorry to hear that you are booked on this cruise, that finds itself in 'limbo'! If my recollection is correct, this is/was a 7-night round-trip (closed loop) out of LA. My friend and I are booked on sailing date immediately before it: the October 13th Vancouver to LA 7-nighter.

If your October 20th sailing does end up being cancelled -- and you don't mind a one-way itinerary -- our sailing still has lots of good cabins available. Pop over to our r/c, when you get a minute. :)

Hi wwcruisers!! I think I met you on a cruise on the Infinity after I switched over to that itinerary after my original booking was chartered. It worked out well for us. I appreciate you telling me about the LA to Vancouver but have a couple of Pacific Northwest cruises already booked (2 this year and 1 next spring) so was just looking for an easy LA -> LA sailing. I liked the 9 night one in November on the Eclipse, too, but booked the shorter one in Oct because Nov is getting late in the year for good weather. It all worked out for the best the last couple of times this happened ... so I am sure this one will also work out for the best. I do really want to try out that Eclipse while she is over here, though ... so depending on whether or not Celebrity is canceling this sailing, who knows? I might be meeting up with you all after all is said and done.

Hi wwcruisers!! I think I met you on a cruise on the Infinity after I switched over to that itinerary after my original booking was chartered. It worked out well for us. I appreciate you telling me about the LA to Vancouver but have a couple of Pacific Northwest cruises already booked (2 this year and 1 next spring) so was just looking for an easy LA -> LA sailing. I liked the 9 night one in November on the Eclipse, too, but booked the shorter one in Oct because Nov is getting late in the year for good weather. It all worked out for the best the last couple of times this happened ... so I am sure this one will also work out for the best. I do really want to try out that Eclipse while she is over here, though ... so depending on whether or not Celebrity is canceling this sailing, who knows? I might be meeting up with you all after all is said and done.

Yep, we met at the sail-away party, on the Infinity Pacific Coastal (out of San Francisco), back in the fall of 2015. This will be my first Pacific Coastal, since then. Well, if your cruise does get chartered, hopefully X will be offering decent compensation, and not limit that to a handful of other sailings. But if you do decide to check out our 7-nite southbound Pacific Coastal, drop by our r/c thread and say 'hi'. Always good to see you, around the boards! :)

Yep, we met at the sail-away party, on the Infinity Pacific Coastal (out of San Francisco), back in the fall of 2015. This will be my first Pacific Coastal, since then. Well, if your cruise does get chartered, hopefully X will be offering decent compensation, and not limit that to a handful of other sailings. But if you do decide to check out our 7-nite southbound Pacific Coastal, drop by our r/c thread and say 'hi'. Always good to see you, around the boards! :)

Will do!!

Now that retirement has afforded us that additional flexibility, we mainly just like being on a ship ... so if they cancel it, oh well. We'll be happy no matter where we end up....and a little extra perk never really hurt anyone. :)

BTW, I just checked another travel site and it shows this sailing is 'SOLD OUT'. That might be code for 'looking into a charter deal'. I am more and more convinced that this is what's happening.

A few weeks ago (before final payment) our Med cruise on the Constellation disappeared. It was fully booked. Since final payment date was last week, it is back with openings in Inside, OV, and Veranda.

For what it's worth, there is one very large online TA that is showing cabins in 6 categories (and, yes, they list specific cabins available). Tons of 2Bs & C3s, among others.

I do see that, too ... now that I found the site you were referring to. Tons of availability with specific cabins posted. Nowhere near sold out.

We also are booked on this cruise. In Australia the cruise has now been removed from large agencies or listed as fully booked. I've never been in this situation...its a bit unsettling.What do Celebrity normally offer as compensation if it has been chartered and our booking is cancelled?

We also are booked on this cruise. In Australia the cruise has now been removed from large agencies or listed as fully booked. I've never been in this situation...its a bit unsettling.What do Celebrity normally offer as compensation if it has been chartered and our booking is cancelled?

Nobody’s has been cancelled, it’s posted : a big group is onboard

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I do see that, too ... now that I found the site you were referring to. Tons of availability with specific cabins posted. Nowhere near sold out.

I noticed this sailing is now been completely removed from that site where I saw it a week or two ago. It's really starting to look like a charter to me. I say that because I've been there before and this is exactly what happened to that booking I had that was eventually chartered. The timing is about the same as well ... just a little over a year ahead of time before the opportunity to book it was only on a handful of sites, other sites showing it as being sold out before disappearing completely from all sites.

What do Celebrity normally offer as compensation if it has been chartered and our booking is cancelled?

From my experience, if it is being chartered, Celebrity has offered a list of other sailings of similar pricing that you can choose from. They allow you to keep all your perks that you were offered at the time of the original booking (Oct 20th sailing). Regardless of if you choose one of the offered sailings or another sailing, they gave us $200 compensation in the form of onboard credit. This was before non-refundable deposits were in place, though. You will have a time frame on which you have to book your new sailing to get that benefit, though. They usually will only look to charter a ship if it is at least a year in advance to prevent having to reimburse passengers for non-refundable airfare costs.

If they are instead looking to just change the cruise itinerary, which we've experienced as well, they've offered this at a reduced cost for those that have booked as well as keeping all the current perks. For us, they changed our cruise from a 7 night to an 11 night sailing and we got to keep our same room, perks and they reduced our fare by $100 each.

See post #23

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Post #23 doesn’t say anymore than the Capt Club said some large TAs have bought up space which is one of the explanations they give when cruises disappear, the other is inventory maintenance.

If some large TAs had bought up space you would think they would be showing cabins to book, I can’t find the cruise listed on any large TA sites.

I think that Jelayne is right. The process of chartering a cruise ship (especially one this big) takes time. Unfortunately for the folks already booked, that means an extended period in limbo. However, this is a situation where patience can pay off. If the charter doesn't materialize, there should be some excellent opportunities to upgrade (as Jelayne has pointed out). But, if the charter efforts are successful, those affected should be given compensation, and good opportunities to re-book, on another sailing -- as CruiseRaider can attest. However, anyone jumping ship prematurely will not be compensated. And, of course, as Gerelmx points out, there is still a 3rd possibility: that this sailing will return to the inventory, with a huge block of rooms booked (partial charter). Best wishes to all of you who are waiting to hear the fate of your sailing date.(yn)

At this point, I have written off this cruise as cancelled and I am just looking forward to what sort of compensation will be offered towards a future cruise. The thing is that I applied the Postthanku OBC to this as well. Hopefully that will also carry over to the next cruise.

At this point, I have written off this cruise as cancelled and I am just looking forward to what sort of compensation will be offered towards a future cruise. The thing is that I applied the Postthanku OBC to this as well. Hopefully that will also carry over to the next cruise.

When you that post cruise thank you obc, it will remain with your booking if you book another sailing under the boooking number you already have. If not, you should definitely speak to someone that has the authority to reapply it.

You are smart to hold onto that boooking. Your perks will disappear if you don’t.

Me? I am just not that picky about the itinerary or dates. We just wanted to try out the new ship coming over to the west coast.

We took advantage of the cancellation of all the bookings on the equinox for last fall. When we booked the Caribbean instead, we got some incredible pricing and perks.

Hang in there ... time will tell.

When you that post cruise thank you obc, it will remain with your booking if you book another sailing under the boooking number you already have. If not, you should definitely speak to someone that has the authority to reapply it.

You are smart to hold onto that boooking. Your perks will disappear if you don’t.

Me? I am just not that picky about the itinerary or dates. We just wanted to try out the new ship coming over to the west coast.

We took advantage of the cancellation of all the bookings on the equinox for last fall. When we booked the Caribbean instead, we got some incredible pricing and perks.

Hang in there ... time will tell.

Thank you so much for the tip.

We booked this cruise because we wanted to reach Elite level in the cheapest possible way for perks on a Royal Caribbean 2020 Transpacific cruise and this would have put us there. This is a drivable port for us, saving on air tickets and hotel stay. Our travel agent also had a nice group rate on this. We won't lose too many tears if this gets cancelled but we do want to make use of whatever compensation that they can provide to book another cruise.

Thank you so much for the tip.

We booked this cruise because we wanted to reach Elite level in the cheapest possible way for perks on a Royal Caribbean 2020 Transpacific cruise and this would have put us there. This is a drivable port for us, saving on air tickets and hotel stay. Our travel agent also had a nice group rate on this. We won't lose too many tears if this gets cancelled but we do want to make use of whatever compensation that they can provide to book another cruise.

I see they still have a nine day sailing in November ... but the pricing isn’t so attractive but hopefully, that is one they will offer if they end up cancelling this October one.

So, looks like that cruise has disappeared completely from the websites I've checked ... but funny thing is, Celebrity is still allowing booked passengers to go in and purchase excursions, specialty dinners, etc. :eek:

Keep in mind that less than 10% of cruisers are on CC. If they cut off booking excursions, etc that could cause non-CCer's who are booked to ask questions and increase potential cancellations.

Keep in mind that less than 10% of cruisers are on CC. If they cut off booking excursions, etc that could cause non-CCer's who are booked to ask questions and increase potential cancellations.

I am are of that ... and am not even thinking of cancelling at this point! If we find out it is a huge group, I will think about doing so then. We’ve got plenty of time!

I did find it odd that they pulled the cruise from all future bookings but sent out a notification to book your excursions and packages, though ... and they are available to book to boot. Time will tell. I can be patient!