Cabins at very front of ship and movement

So after chatting with my friend who has a family oceanview booked (on brilliance I think), it got me curious because I had not heard of that category. So I started looking at them and noticed they are on the very front of the ship. Does that mean they would feel a lot of motion?

I'm thinking with 4 of us that would be an option on a future cruise. But the thought of a lot of motion makes me nervous.

Wondering what people's experience with the front cabins is like.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My very first cruise was in a forward cabin. I was seasick the first day and night. By the second day I adjusted and had some Dramamine and was better. Haven’t been brave enough to try a forward cabin again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So after chatting with my friend who has a family oceanview booked (on brilliance I think), it got me curious because I had not heard of that category. So I started looking at them and noticed they are on the very front of the ship. Does that mean they would feel a lot of motion?

I'm thinking with 4 of us that would be an option on a future cruise. But the thought of a lot of motion makes me nervous.

If the seas and conditions are such that the ship is in motion, then you will feel more motion at the very front of the ship than you would at midship.

They look like cool cabins. But I will stick with my midship cabins lol

They are really cool. Had family one in October. You will feel motion but it isn’t that bad. Last day we had some motion with an impending storm. You will feel the bow hit the waves. I would do it. The view is worth it to us

I've had a couple of cruises on Princess with lower-deck outside cabins very close to the front of the ship. Motion hasn't been an issue.

Being higher up in the ship can be more of a problem, since elevation accentuates every movement.

We had a pretty far forward room on deck 14 last week... by all reviews, it seemed we would feel every movement there, but I honestly felt that I could feel the movement of the boat the same in our room as we did when we were sitting mid ship on the promenade several floors down.

Weve done 2 of these rooms on Freedom OTS. You will feel the movement of the ship and in big seas will hear the creaking of the hull when large waves crash into the front of the ship.

We love the rocking motion. We sleep incredibly well. Its as if you are rocked to sleep in your crib.

Here is the spectacular view from a Family Oceanview from the front of the ship. Notice the movement of the horizon.

Typically you need to call in to reserve theese rooms with a minimum of 4 people.

-Sean

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Lower levels and midship staterooms will have less motion with rough seas.

I know in the past the "family" staterooms required 5-6 people to book. If they weren't booked by final payment they would release them for people to upgrade to these cabins. I'm not sure if they are sticking with this for future bookings. But, if they are, be aware that you may not be able to book these yet with your family of 4.

My friend has one booked on the brilliance and there are only 4 of them.

Now I said for the 4 of us, but that was in reference to how my next cruise is (just me and the 3 kids). We are actually a family of 5.

She may have called to book it. I'm not sure

We were on Deck 10 with the most forward cabin on Freedom OTS. I was really worried, especially because I have had vertigo about a month before the cruise.

Not a problem. The plus side - no traffic when you’re at the end of the hall up front.