15 Day Emerald Princess to Hawaii February 2, 2019

armymom101

Our first cruise to Hawaii, and first Princess cruise. Have been a dedicated Norwegian cruiser until our Christmas Cruise this past December. I feel Norwegian has too many freebies and has cut back on many of the finer things on the Ship. You could not get a piece of Lobster anywhere. None in Cagney's none in La Bistro! Not even an option to pay extra for it...........Now for my questions

On the Hawaii cruises are there many children? We will be on the Ship for Super Bowl Sunday, any chance of seeing the game? (I'm a huge football fan, and don't think I have ever missed a Super Bowl) What is the opinion on bringing you own wine on, and paying the $15.00 corkage fee? I looked at the wine menu, and find it to be limited. We have a suite, and I have seen you can trade in the liquor for wine, is it just the liquor or do you have to trade in the soft drinks also.

Thank you all for any assistance.

Your answer to watching the Super Bowl is yes. I have see at least 5 games (SB) and it’s great watching the game on the MUTS screen. The Sound system is also awesome.

Enjoy your cruise and root for the Patriots :D Get there early for a good seat.

Go Patriots!!!

Tony

Our first cruise to Hawaii, and first Princess cruise. Have been a dedicated Norwegian cruiser until our Christmas Cruise this past December. I feel Norwegian has too many freebies and has cut back on many of the finer things on the Ship. You could not get a piece of Lobster anywhere. None in Cagney's none in La Bistro! Not even an option to pay extra for it...........Now for my questions You didn't ask, but lobster is available in Crown Grill & Sabatini's ($10 charge if you want Surf n' Turf) and in the MDR on at least one of the formal nights. It's not the best lobster, but it's lobster

On the Hawaii cruises are there many children? Not many children on longer cruises, but almost always some.

What is the opinion on bringing you own wine on, and paying the $15.00 corkage fee? One bottle each without fee. $15 for any more than one. Must drink the "free" bottle in your cabin or carry it to wherever you want in a glass.

I looked at the wine menu, and find it to be limited. We have a suite, and I have seen you can trade in the liquor for wine, is it just the liquor or do you have to trade in the soft drinks also. You can trade in the whole mini-bar for wine (limited selection) or 2 coffee cards.

Bring your own wine and trade for coffee cards. The best of both worlds.:D

Your answer to watching the Super Bowl is yes. I have see at least 5 games (SB) and it’s great watching the game on the MUTS screen. The Sound system is also awesome.

Enjoy your cruise and root for the Patriots :D Get there early for a good seat.

Go Patriots!!!

Tony

Tony,

Thank you for the Super Bowl information. Now as far as rooting for the Patriots! I am a die hard and long suffering Buffalo Bills Fan! So I guess my motto is anybody but the Patriots LOL. I don't think I have to worry about the Bills being in the Super Bowl this year, but I also didn't thing the our New team the Golden knights were going to make the Stanley Cup playoffs!

On a cruise of that length and that time of year there will be few kids (maybe 20-30 total) Most likely you will hardly see any with the kids club being so good (we went a few years ago at that time of year and my 3 kids made up over 10% of the kids count!)

Our first cruise to Hawaii, and first Princess cruise. Have been a dedicated Norwegian cruiser until our Christmas Cruise this past December. I feel Norwegian has too many freebies and has cut back on many of the finer things on the Ship. You could not get a piece of Lobster anywhere. None in Cagney's none in La Bistro! Not even an option to pay extra for it...........Now for my questions

On the Hawaii cruises are there many children? We will be on the Ship for Super Bowl Sunday, any chance of seeing the game? (I'm a huge football fan, and don't think I have ever missed a Super Bowl) What is the opinion on bringing you own wine on, and paying the $15.00 corkage fee? I looked at the wine menu, and find it to be limited. We have a suite, and I have seen you can trade in the liquor for wine, is it just the liquor or do you have to trade in the soft drinks also.

Some additional information

This year, 2018, we were on the Caribbean Princess. The Super Bowl was broadcast on MUTS, on the various screens in Club Fusion, as well as in the cabin. Once on board check with passenger service to find all the locations.

To be clear each passenger 21 or older can carry on 1 x 750ml bottle without paying corkage. This is for use in your cabin. Many pour in their cabin and carry the glass. If you bring the bottle to a public area you will be charged the corkage. Additional bottles are charged $15 corkage. Regarding paying corkage, it doesn't make sense for low priced wines, but makes more sense for the higher priced ones and ones you truly enjoy. Vines has some good wines by the glass.

You have to trade the entire mini bar for the bottle of wine. Individual alcoholic beverages can be exchanged for other alcoholic or non-alcoholic ones. There is a menu in your cabin showing what is available. You can carry on as much non-alcoholic beverage as you like. We bring the 7 oz. cans of soda. Easy to carry.

We are on this cruise actually just booked a week ago.

Fourth time to Hawaii and typically very few kids as they will be in school.

We were on for this past years game and it was shown in a number of places around the ship.

Not elite yet but we do bring on two bottles of wine to enjoy during our cruise and do not have to pay corkage for it.

Come and join the roll call.

We are on this cruise actually just booked a week ago.

Fourth time to Hawaii and typically very few kids as they will be in school.

We were on for this past years game and it was shown in a number of places around the ship.

Not elite yet but we do bring on two bottles of wine to enjoy during our cruise and do not have to pay corkage for it.

Come and join the roll call.

Thanks for the information. I am leading the M&G along with the Slot Pull for the Cruise. Armymom101 on the Roll Call :)