Requesting distilled water on Viking Kvasir

CarolynFH

DH and I both use CPAP every night. After searching these boards I'm confident we'll have electrical access (will bring a non-surge suppressor extension cord to be sure) but am wondering about distilled water. A search here has turned up threads several years old, so I was wondering whether anyone had current information whether Viking will provide distilled water or not as well as how to request it. I looked on our My Viking Journey web pages and couldn't find anything, nor was there a way to contact Viking other than calling. Is there an email address we could use?

TIA!

Haven't sailed Viking but this is an interesting question. My suggestion-1. Call Viking & ask-get the customer svc name.2.Depending on your embarkation port suggest a local pharmacy. Use Google translate to describe what you need. Most pharmacies & their staff (in Europe) are very helpful. Download a map of the embarkation port and query pharmacies. Pharmacies are identified by a green cross.

Have a great trip

Carole

A few suggestions. I also use a cpap. I purchased 1 liter Nalgene bottle that I fill and pack with my luggage. I have had better luck finding distilled water in hardware stores in Europe as it is used for auto batteries and irons. I have also heard individuals conserving the distilled water by adding to the reservoir each night instead of pouring the water out. On a recent Uniworld trip I asked the hotel manager and he offered to refill my bottle at no charge. They buy distilled water in large quantities and use it for their irons on board.

Most of the water that comes from the faucets on the ships is reverse osmosis (R/O) filtered water which is purer than distilled water. You might be able to just use that.

Wow, thanks! I had no idea (and did research to confirm). Yes, we'll be happy to use reverse osmosis water from the ship's tap in our CPAPs. Question resolved!

;)

Dear CarolynFH,

We’re pleased that others have offered their valuable cruising advice and are happy to chime in to say that our onboard crew will certainly provide distilled water to those who require it. Should you, or any other cruisers, wish to make special requests or discuss individual needs, you may contact us directly at TellUs@vikingcruises.com.

It is our hope that you found this information useful, CarolynFH, and we look forward to welcoming you and your husband aboard.

Kind regards,

Viking Cruises

DH and I both use CPAP every night. After searching these boards I'm confident we'll have electrical access (will bring a non-surge suppressor extension cord to be sure) but am wondering about distilled water. A search here has turned up threads several years old, so I was wondering whether anyone had current information whether Viking will provide distilled water or not as well as how to request it. I looked on our My Viking Journey web pages and couldn't find anything, nor was there a way to contact Viking other than calling. Is there an email address we could use?

TIA!

Dear CarolynFH,

We’re pleased that others have offered their valuable cruising advice and are happy to chime in to say that our onboard crew will certainly provide distilled water to those who require it. Should you, or any other cruisers, wish to make special requests or discuss individual needs, you may contact us directly at TellUs@vikingcruises.com.

It is our hope that you found this information useful, CarolynFH, and we look forward to welcoming you and your husband aboard.

Kind regards,

Viking Cruises

Thank you! I've sent an email. We're very excited about this cruise - received our documents yesterday!