Celebrity Reflection vs Constellation

Punam

We want a midship sky suite, but the only thing available for the Mediterranean is a CS in that location on the Constellation. We don't need the space this cabin provides, but it's $1000 pp less than a sky suite at the back of Reflection. We want to avoid really high temps and kids, so we're looking at either Sep.2018, or will wait for 2019 itineraries and book May 2019. Given that itineraries would be different, but we're ok with that, do you think one ship is better than another? And is to be expected that a midship sky suite for 2019 would cost less than it would right now at the rear of the ship? $17K for skysuite vs $15K for CS...both seem crazy.

The ships themselves are very different - each great in their own way. Connie is older and smaller (albeit not small) with a bit more of a 'traditional' layout. I have only seen sky suites on either class ships and I can tell you that for M class, the suites are not as large as on the S class - someone sailing in your class of cabin can comment on the specifics.

The S class ships are newer, larger, and have more venues for bars/lounges as well as more specialty restaurants. They also have more people although usually you cannot feel the crowds any more than M class. They do not have a rear elevator like M class which can be an issue for anyone with walking issues sailing near the aft of the ship. M class has the (IMHO) much nicer thalassotherapy pool, while S class has a much nicer spa area - you won't see the nice heated loungers in the ads on M class. The buffet on S class is much bigger and nicer than the M class buffets.

I love them both but personally I prefer the M class ships for the more cozy ambiance and fewer passengers. But each has their own pluses and minuses.

Thanks so much! We loved Infinity, so it seems Constellation would be the same class. Maybe the higher cost of a sky suite on Reflection is due to the size then, and that makes it hard to justify. You've been very helpful :)

We want a midship sky suite, but the only thing available for the Mediterranean is a CS in that location on the Constellation. We don't need the space this cabin provides, but it's $1000 pp less than a sky suite at the back of Reflection. We want to avoid really high temps and kids, so we're looking at either Sep.2018, or will wait for 2019 itineraries and book May 2019. Given that itineraries would be different, but we're ok with that, do you think one ship is better than another? And is to be expected that a midship sky suite for 2019 would cost less than it would right now at the rear of the ship? $17K for skysuite vs $15K for CS...both seem crazy.

Look on YouTube at some videos of Celebrity Suites on M class before going ahead and booking...They are one of those rooms that people love or hate....Fabulous living area but 'inside' bedroom, shower over bath (very high and hard for small or physically challenged guests to access), smallish balcony but great central location.....As I said many people love these rooms and find them great value...

Reflection has more dining venues and is much newer...Constellation seems to have some nicer itineraries...strongly suggest you look at some of the great YouTube ships tours of both ships, look at speciality dining venues, research both room layouts and then make a choice...

Thank you Chemmo! I did look at the CS on Constellation (on youtube) before posting here, and failed to notice the small yet significant snippet of the bedroom being "inside"..hmm...need to consider that more than I thought. Thank you for that! As to the differences in ships...seems major in so far as decor etc., but also seems the basics like Luminae, cafe, etc are the same.

Have been on Connie twice and Reflection once (earlier this month), albeit not in a Sky Suite, but if the choice was of the two I'd choose Connie. You won't be sailing in high season, so that will make a difference, however I found Reflection to be far more crowded than any other X ship.

As I stated, we did sail in the peak summer months so that may have made all the difference. There was not an inch of the lawn that wasn't covered with a towel as all the sun beds were occupied. I'd have been livid if I'd have spent money on renting one of the cabanas with that view. I felt you could definitely tell there was an extra deck of cabins.

One positive on Reflection appeared to be the position of the aft S1 suites as they were not visible from the Sunset Bar like they are on other S class ships (the shape is slightly different at the aft on Reflection). Personally, I would choose an aft cabin on Connie given the chance - the corner FVs are fabulous and the PH is outstanding ;). We had friends in a CS on Connie and that was also a very nice suite.

We always go to the newest.

The M Class ships can do ports that S class ships cannot such as Venice, Inside Passage in Alaska, Asia, and many others. It's always worth it to weigh the itinerary, port hours, overnights, price as well as newest and biggest.

We have been on both. DW prefers Reflection BUT she is a huge Solstice class fan. I like them to but I also very much enjoyed our cruises on Constellation. And Millennium for that matter.

You will not go wrong with either...even though much depends the particular cruise and staff.

We sailed both the Millennium and the Constellation shortly after they were launched, and were not that impressed. We have sailed five times on S class ships, and like them much better than the M class ships. I believe the M class ships have been modified to be more like the S class ships, so the differences may be fewer now.

Have sailed on all of the S-Class and M-Cass ships.

We love the CS bedrooms on the S-Class ships. They are indeed interior but are fantastic for quiet, dark sleeping in or afternoon nap.

Reflections is my least favorite ship in the fleet. It is the largest ship and they have added lots more sky suites than on the other S-Class ships. This causes much more congestion in Michael's Club and Luinea. Luminea can often be overcrowded and causes a back up and wait for dinner.

For the prices you quote I would definitely go for the CS on Constellation.

Just a couple of my thoughts -

Thanks Jim. Interesting. I actually like the M class exactly because it didn't feel terribly crowded. It's not like 2,000 passengers makes it intimate to begin with LOL I do appreciate Luminae for the privacy and a quieter/calmer dining experience.

Hello just booked a cruise on the Connie for February next year India and Sri Lanka , could anyone tell me what speciality restaurants there is now on the ship many thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Connie recently went though Dry Dock and US United States was converted into a number of cabins and Qsine. The other restaurants are Sushi on 5 and Tuscan Grill.