Thanksgiving onboard Infinity or other M-class ships? Tell me about it!

micmacmissy

After another wonderful "family" thanksgiving (:eek:), I dream about getting away from both sides of the family next year and found a great deal on Infinity, 5 nights, stopping in Key West and Cozumel. Price is really cheap - $2,100 for two Aqua class cabins.

Before I take the plunge and try to sell this to my husband...can you tell me what thanksgiving is like onboard? It looks like that will be a port day in Cozumel (which is fine by me) and I assume the MDR will have a turkey dinner, right?

Anything else to note? Do these sailings tend to be packed with partiers or kids?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by micmacmissy
typo

Yes, there will be turkey with the fixin's! Probably not all the "sides" you're used to, but still......Doubt if there are any other "Thanksgiving" specific activities...Coz will be up and running as normal! There will definitely be lots of families, as it's a school break for most.

We were on Reflection last week over Thanksgiving. Completely forgot it was even Thanksgiving other than the turkey on the menu (which I did not order, so I can't comment on it).

I was with my mom and my 14 year old daughter but hardly saw any other kids.

I say go and enjoy!

After another wonderful "family" thanksgiving (:eek:), I dream about getting away from both sides of the family next year and found a great deal on Infinity, 5 nights, stopping in Key West and Cozumel. Price is really cheap - $2,100 for two Aqua class cabins.

Before I take the plunge and try to sell this to my husband...can you tell me what thanksgiving is like onboard? It looks like that will be a port day in Cozumel (which is fine by me) and I assume the MDR will have a turkey dinner, right?

Anything else to note? Do these sailings tend to be packed with partiers or kids?

Thanks in advance!

Great price for 2 AQ cabins... I assume u know only 2 per cabin so if u have 2 children, they will be registered one with each adult. We hope you go for it and start a new tradition...no drama. BLU will have very nice meal choices for a family dinner, fewer kids in BLU but there will be families on board...etc. You can bring some decorations for your cabin/ door..

We were in AQ on Inf in Oct...ship is not perfect...needs some updating in spots but you will enjoy it...kept very clean, lots to do. Nice size...

There is a nice solarium pool, not a true T pool. They have a very nice Canyon Ranch spa..Solarium is adults only but they had family. swim hrs each day great family outing woukd be Q sine...check it out. Enjoy!

Great price for 2 AQ cabins... I assume u know only 2 per cabin so if u have 2 children, they will be registered one with each adult. We hope you go for it and start a new tradition...no drama. BLU will have very nice meal choices for a family dinner, fewer kids in BLU but there will be families on board...etc. You can bring some decorations for your cabin/ door..

We were in AQ on Inf in Oct...ship is not perfect...needs some updating in spots but you will enjoy it...kept very clean, lots to do. Nice size...

There is a nice solarium pool, not a true T pool. They have a very nice Canyon Ranch spa..Solarium is adults only but they had family. swim hrs each day great family outing woukd be Q sine...check it out. Enjoy!

Thanks - we put the two teenagers in one cabin, and we stay in the other- but yes they'll book them that way, I suppose.

I haven't seen much about this ship - will have to scour the boards for some photos! Do they have specialty restaurants beside Qsine? We loved that on Silhouette.

Was just on the Infinity for California Coastal in September 2017. We enjoyed it very much. Ship may look "dated" to some, but it was very clean and still very classy. Perhaps not all the "new" kinds of amenities, but that didn't bother us. We did not see anything that needed obvious repair. Some talk about "threadbare" furniture....we didn't see any. Our Oceanview room was very nice and well laid out. They had Qsine, Sushi on 5, Tuscan Grill, but did not try any of them.

Haven't done it yet, but are booked on Reflection next year for Thanksgiving for some of the reasons you mention... two "grown ups" plus 4 & 7 year olds and their nanny (yay!). Grandma, Grandpa, Sister in Law and her SO hopefully to join as well. I am envisioning a great 8 person family Thanksgiving dinner....

I've done several Thanksgiving cruises, but they were all two weeks. Both on M class and S class. A short cruise will have more kids and more drunks. That's just the nature of the short cruises. Add Thanksgiving into the mix and you will get tons of kids. Did a short cruise once as an add on to a longer cruise and will never do that again.

There is not much celebration of Thanksgiving other than the turkey dinner. They do start decorating the ship for Christmas after Thanksgiving.

Was just on the Infinity for California Coastal in September 2017. We enjoyed it very much. Ship may look "dated" to some, but it was very clean and still very classy. Perhaps not all the "new" kinds of amenities, but that didn't bother us. We did not see anything that needed obvious repair. Some talk about "threadbare" furniture....we didn't see any. Our Oceanview room was very nice and well laid out. They had Qsine, Sushi on 5, Tuscan Grill, but did not try any of them.

Thanks...we don't need a ton of new amenities, but we do like Murano- bummer they don't have it. Is there a Michael's Club or a place that has a good beer list?

I've done several Thanksgiving cruises, but they were all two weeks. Both on M class and S class. A short cruise will have more kids and more drunks. That's just the nature of the short cruises. Add Thanksgiving into the mix and you will get tons of kids. Did a short cruise once as an add on to a longer cruise and will never do that again.

There is not much celebration of Thanksgiving other than the turkey dinner. They do start decorating the ship for Christmas after Thanksgiving.

Thanks...until our teens are in college there are no 10+ day cruises for us! We did Allure during spring break this past year (6,000 passengers, 1,500 of which were under 12) and it wasn't bad at all - we tend to be balcony/solarium bums so it's easy to avoid the crowds. But now you have me looking at 7 day cruises...