Celebrity Equinox ~ help me with room decision please :-)

cruisehabits

I am currently booked on the Equinox in an outside stateroom overlooking the bow (directly facing forward) of the ship on deck 8.

I can switch my booking to a 50% obstructed view verandah stateroom on deck 6 for a total of $360 OR I can switch to an unobstructed verandah stateroom for a total of $460.

This will be my very first cruise with Celebrity.

Please offer your opinion considering whether the upgrade would be worth the price difference.

Thank you in advance!......safe travels to all! :)

I am booked in a partially obstructed balcony on deck 6 next March. I did a lot of research on this very site, and was reassured that the people who book the obstructed balcony's almost all seem to say they would not hesitate to book it again - it seems the obstruction is below and not forward. I would save the extra $ to spend during the cruise.

Hi linderr6!

Thank you for your response!

Certainly something to consider and thank you again. Honestly it was rather spur of the moment for me to check on pricing and I didn't do any research in consideration to the obstructed view.

I was kinda counting on my fellow Cruise Critic friends to help point me in the right direction. :D

We were just on the Equinox in October. We were in a 2C (partially) obstructed balcony. You could see out just not down to the water. The lifeboats are just at balcony level. 2D has the larger lifeboats/tender boats and present a much larger obstruction. I would book a 2B the next time on the Equinox not a 2C or 2D. Balcony is definitely worth the upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you can get over the "stigma" of not being in a veranda or OV DW and I have stayed on Deck 9 in an inside cabin several times. There is an inside passage there with interior cabins where no one goes and it as quiet as a church mouse there. We stayed in 9160 3 times and saved a bundle. The cabin is the same interior size as a veranda, The location is up close to the Solarium Spa and pool deck and you go right down to the Equinox Theater with the forward elevators nearby. The only time we have ever felt movement is the first few hours leaving and coming back to Florida as you cross the Gulf Stream.

Enjoy your cruising days.

I was on the Equinox in an OV in October and didn't miss the balcony since I wasn't in the room that much. I've done both so it really just depends on how much time you spend in the room and what the value is to you. I had a balcony on the Summit last Dec and don't remember sitting on it that much. However when I sailed with friends in March or my nieces the year prior we did use the balcony a lot. The cruise in Oct and last Dec I was solo so not sure if that made a difference as I was usually out hanging w/ new friends than sitting on the balcony by myself.

Obstructed view verandas differ depending upon several factors.

If you can get the cabing number you coud check the S class cabin spreadsheet or do a search of the Celebrity forum to see what others have written about that cabin.

Thank you to all that replied to me!

I slept on it last night and this morning I decided I would make the call and book an unobstructed veranda stateroom.

To my pleasant surprise.....the upgrade wound up costing me a total of $198 overall. Not sure what happened to the $460 they quoted me yesterday......but I was very happy with the outcome today.

So as it stands I am booked on deck 7, Sunrise Deck ~ portside forward :D :D

Safe travels to all and thank you again for your input! :)

Thank you to all that replied to me!

I slept on it last night and this morning I decided I would make the call and book an unobstructed veranda stateroom.

To my pleasant surprise.....the upgrade wound up costing me a total of $198 overall. Not sure what happened to the $460 they quoted me yesterday......but I was very happy with the outcome today.

So as it stands I am booked on deck 7, Sunrise Deck ~ portside forward :D :D

Safe travels to all and thank you again for your input! :)

Sweet, sweet and SWEET!! You will love it. If you join your roll call and they have a 'cabin crawl', be sure to join in on it. It is fun to see what the different cabin categories are like before you book them. We don't mind the obstructed verandas and love being on deck 6 or 7 ... so convenient to everywhere we want to be.

$200 is an awesome upgrade charge.