Which Beach did you go to?

kayjay76

We went to Magen's Bay and sadly would not return again. It was crowded and not that great. We had to wait in line to 'rent' a chair for $7 and give a $5 deposit. Then we had to drag the chair to our area that we wanted to sit. Then we had to drag the chair back to the chair holding area to get our deposit back. :eek: Annoying. So much for a relaxing day at the beach. The bathrooms were somewhat clean though. I did not purchase any food from the concession stand but I did see the prices and they were not cheap.

We went to Magen's Bay and sadly would not return again. It was crowded and not that great. We had to wait in line to 'rent' a chair for $7 and give a $5 deposit. Then we had to drag the chair to our area that we wanted to sit. Then we had to drag the chair back to the chair holding area to get our deposit back. :eek: Annoying. So much for a relaxing day at the beach. The bathrooms were somewhat clean though. I did not purchase any food from the concession stand but I did see the prices and they were not cheap.

Was this recently? I haven't been in a couple of years and it wasn't like this. They would put the chair in the location you wanted and there was no deposit. If this was recent then this makes me sad.

Was this recently? I haven't been in a couple of years and it wasn't like this. They would put the chair in the location you wanted and there was no deposit. If this was recent then this makes me sad.

This was last week :(

• 3 months later...

Will be on Carnival Glory the first week in January and looking for a beach....

We dock at 10am and one other ship Norwegian Escape will already be there (8am). No other

ships at this dock. I don't know about the other dock(s). Thinking of Coki since we have not been

to this beach yet. Have been to Magan's and Sapphire. Will Coki be too crowded by this time? Also,

is the "vibe" at Coki pushy as in vendors trying to sell you something constantly? Please elaborate...

We dock at 10am and one other ship Norwegian Escape will already be there (8am). No other

ships at this dock. I don't know about the other dock(s). Thinking of Coki since we have not been

to this beach yet. Have been to Magan's and Sapphire. Will Coki be too crowded by this time? Also,

is the "vibe" at Coki pushy as in vendors trying to sell you something constantly? Please elaborate...

I don't know about how crowded it will be, but we have been twice and it seems like it gets crowded later in the morning after noon.

We didn't have any pushy vendors when we went...only the servers and they are very possessive. Once one serves you, don't let another one come along or they will have words. LOL ;p

If you want mellow and minimal crowds, I would suggest Lindqvist beach. Gorgeous!

We were at Emerald Beach last February and really liked it. It's a small beach and was not crowded at all. It's very close to the port. We took a cab there for about $10. We got there early, around 10 in the morning I think. There wasn't a lot of shade, though. We kept moving our chairs to stay in the shade. We ate lunch at the Beach Bar there, which was nice. The food was decent and the drinks were delicious.

We were at Emerald Beach last February and really liked it. It's a small beach and was not crowded at all. It's very close to the port. We took a cab there for about $10. We got there early, around 10 in the morning I think. There wasn't a lot of shade, though. We kept moving our chairs to stay in the shade. We ate lunch at the Beach Bar there, which was nice. The food was decent and the drinks were delicious.

Sounds like you were docked at Crown Bay if you were close to Lindbergh Bay? Just to clarify for others the taxi fare from there is $4pp each way.