Which Beach did you go to?

kayjay76

You made the choice really clear because we aren't so much into the beach club environment but beautiful beaches Thank you.

I don't mean to dis Lindbergh in any way and everyone is entitled to their opinion. of course. I've recommended that and Brewers Bay to friends who want a nice beach near Crown Bay for just a couple hours. I just can't compare it to the East End beaches like Sapphire and Lindqvist in terms of beauty and experience.

And my "beach club experience" was not a good description of Lindbergh. You have the Emerald Beach hotel with a restaurant and beach bar and there you will feel more like you are at a hotel even though you don't have access to the pool. But it's not a beach club experience in the sense of an all inclusive experience. We like stopping by the Island Beachcomber for a drink and a bite when we fly in and out, but we spend our time at the other beaches. St Thomas offers a beach for every situation! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks. Those look a little questionable! Do they even lock?!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I honestly can't answer that for you. We went with a big group and there was always someone with our stuff. I just happened to notice the lockers before we left. I was wondering if they were "usable" as well. Maybe you have to get a lock from one of the staff when you rent them or something.

We spent the day at Smith aka Lindqvist and found it unbelievably beautiful. Will be headed there again in November.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

We would love to try out this beach.....

BUT I am a little nervous about finding a ride back to the ship!

It doesn't sound like there is a taxi stand! What if we ask the cab driver who drops us off to come back, AND HE DOESNT!!!

This makes me nervous. What did you do when you visited?

It doesn't sound like there is a taxi stand! What if we ask the cab driver who drops us off to come back, AND HE DOESNT!!!

We rented a car. Stopped at the store on the way.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for the insight.

We have done several beaches in St. Thomas,

Sapphire and Secret Harbour both were lovely. Maegan's Bay was far to crowded for my liking but it was somewhere I wanted to try at least once.

Just trying to see since were sailing Carnival Magic if one would be better then the other.

Also, haven't been to Secret Harbor in about 8 years.

Sapphire was about 6 years ago I believe.

Are there chairs and shade at Secret Harbour? I think when we went we just brought towels and hung out for a couple hours because our original beach ( Malibu I believe it was called) was no longer available...

So from where we dock, I believe I have now confirmed

Sapphire Beach is about $50 US for my family of 4 to get to and then another $50 to get back. We can rent chairs for $12 and we don't need umbrella's for shade. Also does anyone know if there is wifi (15/12 year old want to post beach pictures to their friends on SnapChat and Instagram)

Secret Harbour if I remember right was pretty secluded, lovely and had lots of iguana's and pelicans.

I don't remember any chairs but again, we may just have thrown towels on the beach and lazed around...

I believe $10 a person for cab fare but its closer to the pier then Sapphire?

Does it sound like I know what I'm saying?? haha

Taxis now stop in to Smith Bay just as with the other popular beaches. You are also right by the main road where you can flag a taxi if necessary.

Thanks everyone for the insight.

We have done several beaches in St. Thomas,

Sapphire and Secret Harbour both were lovely. Maegan's Bay was far to crowded for my liking but it was somewhere I wanted to try at least once.

Just trying to see since were sailing Carnival Magic if one would be better then the other.

Also, haven't been to Secret Harbor in about 8 years.

Sapphire was about 6 years ago I believe.

Are there chairs and shade at Secret Harbour? I think when we went we just brought towels and hung out for a couple hours because our original beach ( Malibu I believe it was called) was no longer available...

So from where we dock, I believe I have now confirmed

Sapphire Beach is about $50 US for my family of 4 to get to and then another $50 to get back. We can rent chairs for $12 and we don't need umbrella's for shade. Also does anyone know if there is wifi (15/12 year old want to post beach pictures to their friends on SnapChat and Instagram)

Secret Harbour if I remember right was pretty secluded, lovely and had lots of iguana's and pelicans.

I don't remember any chairs but again, we may just have thrown towels on the beach and lazed around...

I believe $10 a person for cab fare but its closer to the pier then Sapphire?

Does it sound like I know what I'm saying?? haha

Hi Mike,

Yes Sapphire is a gorgeous beach ( in our opinion at least) with the beautiful Sapphire-colored water and island views. You are docked at Havensight and taxi fare is $20pp round trip or $80 total, and I believe lounges are $9 each. You are right in that there are shaded areas along the water. The drone video shows much of the bay in this web cam link -

http://www.sapphireinthesun.com

We've had wifi when renting a condo at Sapphire but I don't know if the Dive In rental shop has wifi or not.

Secret Harbor is a smaller bay and not as nice as Sapphire (again, our opinion). Day visitors are also "confined" to a certain area that has little shade and umbrellas are needed. Sapphire and SH are the same taxi fare.

Good Morning everyone. This thread has been most helpful. I have been to St. Thomas 3x now and have always gone to Magens bay (because I love this beach so much). I don't mind a crowd and normally love being able to grab a drink at the bar. Since then, I have started bring my own cooler so I could really just carry my own beverages and pick up some food. So I am now thinking about going to Lindquist beach. I know its more on the quiet side and I am okay with that. I have a couple of questions. Is this a place where people tend to snorkel? I don't care anything about seeing fish while I am relaxing in the water and prefer not to see many. I think Blue water mentioned a deli. Is this deli near the dock where carnival docks? If so, is it inside the gates or do I have to walk outside the gates to find it? Lastly, does anyone know the best place to purchase alcohol to bring back home. There was this place across the street from the shops at the dock that had great prices, but I have seen other people talking about other places. Thank you all for your help.

Gourmet Gallery is inside the Havensight gates.

The liquor store across the street may have better prices but to me selection looked limited. Caribana inside the gates has good prices on liquor.

Very few snorkelers at Lindqvist but all the beaches have some fish.

Gourmet Gallery is inside the Havensight gates.

The liquor store across the street may have better prices but to me selection looked limited. Caribana inside the gates has good prices on liquor.

Very few snorkelers at Lindqvist but all the beaches have some fish.

Thank you Ms411. I will make a note of all of this. We don't arrive until 1130, so I might pack a sandwich from the ship to take with me, but at least i have an option with Gourmet Gallery.

• 1 month later...

We are doing the Oasis of the Seas' Secret Harbor excursion and it is at 11:00 am. Since there are no food amenities at this beach are we allowed to take something from the ship to snack? Maybe something prepackaged?

Thanks, Karen

We are doing the Oasis of the Seas' Secret Harbor excursion and it is at 11:00 am. Since there are no food amenities at this beach are we allowed to take something from the ship to snack? Maybe something prepackaged?

Thanks, Karen

I believe officially food is not supposed to be taken off of the ship. However many people do take buns with cold cuts or muffins etc. from the buffet. If you take some ziplock bags, you can bag it in your room to pack in a tote for lunch.

Thanks, Karen

Hi Karen,

There is a restaurant at Secret Harbor, are you looking at the "Secret Sands" excursion that goes to Smith Bay Park at Lindqvist Beach? If so yes, your best option is to stop at the Gourmet Gallery at the cruise pier and get nice baguette subs and drinks and take them to the beach.

Mike, not sure if you've seen these webcams they may help you see what Sapphire and SH look like -

Sapphire - (great drone video) -

http://www.sapphireinthesun.com

https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/us-virgin-islands/st-thomas/east-end/saint-thomas-virgin-islands.html

Secret Harbor -

https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/us-virgin-islands/st-thomas/east-end/saint-thomas-secret-harbour.html

Cowpet Bay (Elysian Beach) is also a nice spot and a less-crowded option on bigger ship days - beach bar and restaurant, not sure about lounges. There are more boats moored here -

https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/us-virgin-islands/st-thomas/east-end/saint-thomas-cowpet-bay.html

I thought about renting a car, but decided to taxi to Coki, snorkel a couple hours, then taxi over to Sapphire until end of our stay.

I'm thinking the fare from Coki to Sapphire shouldn't be much, considering it's $10 from ship to to Coki. Has anyone done this before?

I'm mainly wondering about ease of catching taxi to Sapphire and cost.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app